UK not paying Brexit bill would be debt default, French source says

webfact

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You speak as if negotiations with EU will restart from zero because UK will have a new PM... They will not!
Most things (if nor all) concerning the "divorce" have already be negotiated and agreed by UK & EU; they will not be negotiated again.
What may be negotiated is the Irelands' problem - the "backstop" - if ever someone propose a better solution... that has still to be found [emoji20]

Many things will be reassessed including the alledged 39 big ones.
The so called irish problem is of the eu/eire making.
Let them sort it out.
Remember we had imo a treasonous senior civil servant running the show re negotiations..an appeaser..an arch europhile namely ollie robbins.tapatalk_1554989961500.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, nauseus said:

A pity that was not done by more people before Heath signed the Treaty of Rome.

Bring back Maggie Thatcher. She must be turning in her grave!! She would have fronted them out, chewed off Merkel's balls and sauteed them with garlic before serving them to Macron!! ????????????????

14 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Brilliant. You should apply those ingenious tactics to your personal life as well: “No, I will not pay the remaining six months of my gym contract. I want to leave now and honoring contracts hurts my sovereignty. I might pay if you give me free access to your facilities for another three years though, and, of course, you would have to prove that you’re being audited by a Swiss audit firm. Not sure what that has to do with my gym contract, but my Führer told me I should say it.”

If I left my gym contract early (let's say for example the management committee were charging me more than other members and then giving them my money, were corrupt and the president was often drunk) I would pay until the end of the current period.

If I was asked to pay 3-4-5 times my annual subscription simply to leave, for nothing in return except a promise then I would not pay. If they said I couldn't join another gym until they agreed a solution to some massively exaggerated problem with the entrance to next door, I would tell them to go forth and multiply. I would walk away and pay nothing. As the UK will do in October.

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well look at what you just tried to get away with:

You post a quote from a news article and then object to me responding to the quotation you posted.

Away with you and your bait and switch nonsense.

Nonsense…….……..and away with your non sequiturs and conclusions which don't follow the premises. Try connecting the dots before you speak.

13 hours ago, david555 said:

Was a quote from reporter from The guardian , you think I keep all from where I take , this I kept ...

if I find it again I sure will deliver it , but can not search now , to much fun here for the moment :wink:

Nigel milkshowered.jpg

And you seem to be justifying this action in the picture. It is those who do that are the extremists. It is a shame that most of the EU countries can't do things for themselves, have narrow minds and lack the courage to be visionary. They have to rely on Germany. Nothing changes there then. There are many more countries outside the EU and the UK will be doing business with them. Seems to anger the Dutch and others on here supporting a free UK.

Get over it, pout your lips as the Germans are happy to oblige.

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

If I left my gym contract early (let's say for example the management committee were charging me more than other members and then giving them my money, were corrupt and the president was often drunk) I would pay until the end of the current period.

If I was asked to pay 3-4-5 times my annual subscription simply to leave, for nothing in return except a promise then I would not pay. If they said I couldn't join another gym until they agreed a solution to some massively exaggerated problem with the entrance to next door, I would tell them to go forth and multiply. I would walk away and pay nothing. As the UK will do in October.

No, you would oblige the terms you agreed to when you signed your contact. Otherwise you would get sued and end up as one of those indebted riff raff losers who can’t manager their lives. Don’t be silly.

16 hours ago, david555 said:

I am sure they will get that …., if not done already …. but maybe not published as so many things in your H.O.C. ….remember how far Cox was pushed before he cleared it up ? :whistling:

And how P.M. may danced around it when asked and admitted the U.K. pay his debt , along with noticed the Chancellor same way, and that's the man for the U.K. pocket money  ...

AFAIR the EU accounts have not been audited or signed of for a good few years, and if they can't manage that, how will they ever manage to give and itemised and audited final bill?

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

No, you would oblige the terms you agreed to when you signed your contact. Otherwise you would get sued and end up as one of those indebted riff raff losers who can’t manager their lives. Don’t be silly.

With a person, it depends who owned the judge.

With a country, it depends who has the most tanks, troops, aircraft, war ships, nuke warheads.

So Germany the EU needs to ask itself, for the third time since 1914, "do I feel lucky?"

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

At the time of the referendum Perterbprough returned in excess of 53,000 votes for Leave.

Last week Farage again hoes back to Peterborough asking for support to his single issue (and just so there is no confusion) Brexit Party.

They came second with just over 9800 votes.

With a chance to vote in favour of a single issue that Brexiteers tell us is becoming even more popular 43000 Leave supporters in Peterborough went AWOL.

"They came second with just over 9800 votes."...…….I agree

Why not rewrite this as...……..

" For a Party that was only 8 weeks old they got massive support  and lost by only 683 votes"......do you disagree with that, if so why?

3 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

What nonsense ! They are not written in stone.

There are things that happen inside a contract that make it null and void. Corruption for starters.

AFAIR the EU accounts have not been audited or signed of for a good few years, and if they can't manage that, how will they ever manage to give and itemised and audited final bill?
Think the accounts hsve always been "nodded thro"..but NOT ACCURATE AND CORRECT.
Just need to read " Brussels laid bare "..by Marta Andreasson.
That shows the extent of the financial irregularities and how long it goes bsck!!

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Couldn't agree more.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Probably the bills are still adding up as long extensions are given …. could that be a reason …?:tongue::whistling:

Or more likely on demand of May to keep it low profile to keep the leave camp not in ultimate anger & rebellion....:tongue: there could be much under the surface in wait ...

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

The clip was too short, and the sound too bad, to know.

Poster is probably "suggesting" like this ….. what never happened ….

imagesWVP2J36M.jpg

46 minutes ago, david555 said:

Probably the bills are still adding up as long extensions are given …. could that be a reason …?:tongue::whistling:

Or more likely on demand of May to keep it low profile to keep the leave camp not in ultimate anger & rebellion....:tongue: there could be much under the surface in wait ...

"Probably the bills are still adding up as long extensions are given …. could that be a reason …?:tongue::whistling:"

I need to make it clear that I liked this original post, not the later addition!

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

"Probably the bills are still adding up as long extensions are given …. could that be a reason …?:tongue::whistling:"

I need to make it clear that I liked this part of the post, not the later addition!

Your right sir to not make them to worry more ….than they are already ...:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, aright said:

"They came second with just over 9800 votes."...…….I agree

Why not rewrite this as...……..

" For a Party that was only 8 weeks old they got massive support  and lost by only 683 votes"......do you disagree with that, if so why?

Let's put a lie to bed. The Brexit party was not only 8 weeks old at the time of the Peterborough election.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brexit_Party

Farage did well, but despite being the undisputed 'face of Brexit', despite the full support of the UK's most popular (by a country mile) newspapers, The Daily Mail, The Sun, and The Daily Express, and despite wide coverage on all UK TV channels, local and national radio and frontline participation in TV political programs he didn't do well enough. 

43,000 people in the Peterborough constituency who voted Leave at the Referendum failed to turn up and vote for the Brexit party. 

Brexit, the most politically loaded question of the moment, a widely publicised by-election, there is zero chance that these 43,000 people were unaware of the by-election, unaware of what was at stake, unaware that the Brexit party was standing in the by-election or unaware what single issue the Brexit party was standing for. 

2 hours ago, vogie said:

I can hear it ok on my tablet but the subtitles tally with what he is saying.

I don't know how or why but whenever you post a clip it seems to muck the board up (too big and cant see half of it).

Clips posted by everyone else appear normal.

5 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Does that legal analysis come from

the same experts who told you the UK might have already left the EU? Hilarious. 

The same ones that ruled in favour of Gina Miller...?

Archived