UK not paying Brexit bill would be debt default, French source says

webfact

3 hours ago, Benroon said:

and as I have pointed out your glib '5%' amounts to 440,000 businesses.

As for your medicines statement, that's ok is it ? Leaving aside its a government statement and NOT an NHS statement who are at the coal face and is they who have said the UK is not prepared, It openly admits you may not get your medicine and will have to get 'alternatives' ? That's a price worth paying is it ? 

Just excuse after excuse - today the IMF now saying the EU GDP will likely fall sub 1% after Brexit, the UK GDP between 5% and 7% (even the UK government predict 7.7%) - so it will hurt the EU more than the UK right ? lol - oh no wait I'm guessing the IMF is also on the never ending 'bias' list right ?

So excuses for that one when you're ready …...

Your original point was that only 10% of UK businesses had prepared for no deal by obtaining export licenses. But only 5-6% of businesses trade with the EU. That means all the companies who trade with the EU are prepared for no deal, and even some that don't yet trade with the EU are prepared. So your original point was a moot one. 

The interests of the IMF are well documented, and I'm not going to go into that again. Have you seen the actual economic figures coming out of the main EU countries lately, in particular Germany? Do you think the IMF were predicting difficulties for Germany 5 years ago? No, because the global economy has so many moving parts they can only speculate, and they will spin the numbers if they have some political capital to gain. Also let's not forget the UK is beating most economic forecasts by the so called experts. 

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Benroon said:

The brexiteers do do naivity well - so I sign a contract with your company to pay you a tenner, I tell you to <deleted> off I don't fancy paying it because I've changed my mind - how willing are you going to be to do business with me the next time I ask ?

Remainers do spin and subterfuge even better. There is no 'Contract'. It's more a case of a procurement clerk and a sales rep getting together and coming back with a deal that the supplying company is not obliged to honour:

Angela: No they can't escape our trading terms so easily as they think. Here's the deal liebchen, take it back and when they've signed the order confirmation they'll be stuffed forever.

Theresa: OK, I agree to it, they'll never even notice the 500+ pages of vassalage and I'll ensure Coxy in our legal dept keeps schtum too. I'm sure I can convince the board, although it may take three or four proposals. You do know they absolutely must ratify any deals like this don't you? The AGM is not for a while but if the shareholders get wind of it, they could insist on an extraordinary general meeting and scupper our whole deal.

Angela: Don't worry liebchen, we have enough of your board members and shareholders already in our pockets. It will sail through and DE Inc. will have our biggest and best acquisition ever. We might have to disguise it as a merger and UK PLC becomes part of the EU Group with a permanent membership, but so long as I and my colleagues are in control alles klar.

Theresa:  Thank's Angie. How long will it be until I am given my seat on the Euroboard in exchange for all this?

On 6/10/2019 at 7:31 AM, malagateddy said:

A new hardline negociating Brexit team would easily slash the 39 big ones down to a far more reasonable realistic price.
Remember..nothing has been signed to my knowledge..it's only a provisional costing right now as far as I'm aware.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

This was also stated by a friend of mine..............that as nothing had been signed, how can the UK have reneged on its agreed debt?? 

"

UK not paying Brexit bill would be debt default, French source says"

ahahahhaha LOL, so funny, UK has sovereignty and his own Coin. Germany and Benelux criminals can put their soul in peace

EU  has 163 Trade Deals with the world the gung ho Brexiteers No Dealers will have none on day 1. And no experienced negotiators to broker these cracking deals. The EU should now be actively courting what remains of our manufacturing with subsidies and tax breaks to teach us a lesson which is what they are already doing. The car industry will pretty much leave - Minford arch leaver himself has said we can let manufacturing go - bye bye NE , bye bye Wales this is what you voted for suck it up. And the farmers fat on EU subsidy we can buy much cheaper on the world markets and anyway I have a penchant for chlorinated chicken. And if you think Tories will be spunking money on the Labour heartlands then you are thicker than I thought. Bring it on Boris lets see what these economic illiterates with their empty slogans can do to an advanced sophisticated western economy. After the pound crash, we shall have to make economies and put capital control on expat pensions. Let's cut them, frozen and a 10% cut for starters- we need the money to stay at home and help our ailing economy. Suck it up Leavers you will own it now. No moaning. This is your new Jerusalem. At last Boris gets to own his <deleted>. Gonna be fun if you have dosh otherwise could end up like a dog eating his own sick. Anyway it's democracy what the people voted for bring it on. I've had enough let the games Brexit games begin....why wait till October lets leave now WTOwhat could possibly go wrong. 

5 hours ago, Benroon said:

errrrr ok

(I did get a GCSE in spelling)

Just a typo, often many do these by accident but don't worry I won't be complaining to the mods like others do. Obviously your superior education gives you the right to state that those with a different viewpoint are uneducated, whilst your view is one due to an education. If you don't get that your GCSE means nothing.

11 hours ago, Benroon said:

The EU GDP is predicted to take a sub 1% hit by Brexit - the UK GDP 5-8% (UK government figure 7.7%) - who do you think is bricking it ?

Oh the EU GDP is worth 18.8 TRILLION (that TRILLION) dollars in 2018 representing over a fifth of the entire planets worth - how much do you think they are going to miss 39 billion ? Its small change. The UK is about to piss off THE largest trading block in the world and not a single brexiteer knows how that is going to pan out - led by a multi millionaire who is complete insulated from the fallout and suckers caught in the headlights are following him regardless.

PS Verbal is a contract in law - you don't have to physically sign something (there you go a little legal knowledge for free)

You confuse the combined (national) GDP of the EU with the EU budget, which is only about 170 million Euros.

Half of the (estimated) 39B is the cost of continued membership during the proposed transition phase to end 2020. If we leave without a deal and no transition then the UK would not be liable to pay the full 39B. If the WA does not pass, or is altered, then the 39 billion is not agreed. Any subsequent disagreement would go to the international courts - more in the UK's interest than the EU's - long legal delays during which the EU might have to wait years for any money at all!

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-19-2809_en.htm

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/eu-divorce-bill

7 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

EU  has 163 Trade Deals with the world the gung ho Brexiteers No Dealers will have none on day 1. And no experienced negotiators to broker these cracking deals. The EU should now be actively courting what remains of our manufacturing with subsidies and tax breaks to teach us a lesson which is what they are already doing. The car industry will pretty much leave - Minford arch leaver himself has said we can let manufacturing go - bye bye NE , bye bye Wales this is what you voted for suck it up. And the farmers fat on EU subsidy we can buy much cheaper on the world markets and anyway I have a penchant for chlorinated chicken. And if you think Tories will be spunking money on the Labour heartlands then you are thicker than I thought. Bring it on Boris lets see what these economic illiterates with their empty slogans can do to an advanced sophisticated western economy. After the pound crash, we shall have to make economies and put capital control on expat pensions. Let's cut them, frozen and a 10% cut for starters- we need the money to stay at home and help our ailing economy. Suck it up Leavers you will own it now. No moaning. This is your new Jerusalem. At last Boris gets to own his <deleted>. Gonna be fun if you have dosh otherwise could end up like a dog eating his own sick. Anyway it's democracy what the people voted for bring it on. I've had enough let the games Brexit games begin....why wait till October lets leave now WTOwhat could possibly go wrong. 

Mythical.

The EU has only 38 agreements fully in place. Some of these and other agreements "partly in place" are not even full ero tariff agreements anyway:

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/countries-and-regions/negotiations-and-agreements/#_in-place

11 hours ago, Benroon said:

Clearly with just a smidgeon of intelligence it is 10% of businesses that NEED to be ready are ready - I would have thought some things didn't need explaining to that degree - wrong on that score!

So I was correct the IMF are bias ? along with the CBI who's members are responsible for a few million jobs, the NHS, the BBC, Reuters, the construction industry, food industry, car industry  blah blah blah all bias (rolls eyes) - if only collectively they had the intellectual foresight of Boris de Pfeffel Johnson and Tim Wetherspoon!

The BBC! Funny!

30 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You confuse the combined (national) GDP of the EU with the EU budget, which is only about 170 million Euros.

Half of the (estimated) 39B is the cost of continued membership during the proposed transition phase to end 2020. If we leave without a deal and no transition then the UK would not be liable to pay the full 39B. If the WA does not pass, or is altered, then the 39 billion is not agreed. Any subsequent disagreement would go to the international courts - more in the UK's interest than the EU's - long legal delays during which the EU might have to wait years for any money at all!

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-19-2809_en.htm

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/eu-divorce-bill

Sorry. EU budget is about 170 BILLION Euros.

10 minutes ago, puck2 said:

Transport them to London on an English ship, case closed. :smile:

On day one of No Deal blockade the Med from Gib with our one aircraft carrier and mine the channel. The eunemy will not prevail for We are Brexit Britain. A nation stands alone under Boris.  God Save the Queen. God help the Pound because of no-one else will. Our Pirateeers like heroes like Drake and Raleigh before them will bring back treasure for the Crown.

On day one of No Deal blockade the Med from Gib with our one aircraft carrier and mine the channel. The eunemy will not prevail for We are Brexit Britain. A nation stands alone under Boris.  God Save the Queen. God help the Pound. 
We were the underdog in 1914 and very much the underdog in 1939,how did that work out for Europe? Rule Britania Brexit rules the wave,Brexiteers will never never never ever be,ee slaves.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

We were the underdog in 1914 and very much the underdog in 1939,how did that work out for Europe? Rule Britania Brexit rules the wave,Brexiteers will never never never ever be,ee slaves.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

We shall eat nuts from the forest and dirt off the land before we submit to the EU jackboot any longer, And even if the hun and his allies destroy our pounds we shall barter and beg our friends and allies around the world to help us in our hour of greatest need. Thai expats get ready to return to your homeland Your Country Needs You and the hour is nearly upon us - we can find farm work for you now the slavic people are going homePoor we may be but in the great words of Martin Luther King We Shall Be Free at Last , Almighty God We shall be Free at Last.

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

We shall eat nuts from the forest and dirt off the land before we submit to the EU jackboot any longer, And even if the hun and his allies destroy our pounds we shall barter and beg our friends and allies around the world to help us in our hour of greatest need. Thai expats get ready to return to your homeland Your Country Needs You and the hour is nearly upon us - we can find farm work for you now the slavic people are going homePoor we may be but in the great words of Martin Luther King We Shall Be Free at Last , Almighty God We shall be Free at Last.

And listen to the great words of the late Bob Crow.

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

i will look forward to seeing 75 year old returning expats from issan picking tatties in the fields of lincolnshire when i make my yearly visit home from the EU ???? iam sure farage and BJ wont care

1 hour ago, bomber said:

i will look forward to seeing 75 year old returning expats from issan picking tatties in the fields of lincolnshire when i make my yearly visit home from the EU ???? iam sure farage and BJ wont care

Weeeell, it could well be you chucked out of Portugal chummy....????

PS. Why have you a fixation with Isaan folk...?

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Weeeell, it could well be you chucked out of Portugal chummy....????

PS. Why have you a fixation with Isaan folk...?

portugal welcomes oversea's folks with money,plus i wont have mama,papa,a scrounging lurking ex hubby,6 jam eaters,6 aunts and 6 uncles,12 cousins and a crazy ex hooker wife to take care of,its a good start ????????  oh i forgot the sick buffolo???? 

1 minute ago, bomber said:

portugal welcomes oversea's folks with money,plus i wont have mama,papa,a scrounging lurking ex hubby,6 jam eaters,6 aunts and 6 uncles,12 cousins and a crazy ex hooker wife to take care of,its a good start ????????  oh i forgot the sick buffolo???? 

I am sorry to hear about your experience....... But remember, this forum has many members who live in Isaan, I know quite a few, and when members come on here slagging us off it does become a little tiresome and annoying...????

5 minutes ago, transam said:

I am sorry to hear about your experience....... But remember, this forum has many members who live in Isaan, I know quite a few, and when members come on here slagging us off it does become a little tiresome and annoying...????

dont give it out if you cannot take it back,you know fine well there are more brits getting kicked out of thailand than there are portugal.never forget your only a guest/visitor to the kingdom.????

9 minutes ago, transam said:

i have no experience's of issan,never been north of don muang. so no need to feel sorry for me,btw did i miss much?

1 minute ago, bomber said:

dont give it out if you cannot take it back,you know fine well there are more brits getting kicked out of thailand than there are portugal.never forget your only a guest/visitor to the kingdom.????

Think you misunderstand, you continually slag off members that reside in Isaan, there is no need for it..

48 minutes ago, bomber said:

i wont be getting kicked out of anywhere,unlike the skint bulldogs who cannot muster 800.000bt because their crappy pound is at rock bottom,explain again why you returned to the UK again if you dont mind,btw thats a nice picture of you girl ???? how is she enjoy the oversea's pakistani/indian enclave of we call yorkshire? goes it make her feel a bit nearer home.

Oh God, Stanley's back again...

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Oh God, Stanley's back again...

the first mention on wealth on my return was by beautiful99 who stated i was poor he then proceeded to brag about his £170k fortune,i never mentioned anything other than that didnt seem a lot,which i think most on here would agree with,maybe not you but who cares.so mind your neck back in and read the previous posts probably before giving judgement.

30 minutes ago, bomber said:

the first mention on wealth on my return was by beautiful99 who stated i was poor he then proceeded to brag about his £170k fortune,i never mentioned anything other than that didnt seem a lot,which i think most on here would agree with,maybe not you but who cares.so mind your neck back in and read the previous posts probably before giving judgement.

I read them. You said Portugal welcomes folks with money, then started talking about skint bulldogs, and having a dig at people living in Isaan. You don't even realise you're doing it. 

You should be capable of debating Brexit without showing off and insulting loads of people. 

Archived