UK not paying Brexit bill would be debt default, French source says

webfact

2 minutes ago, elliss said:

Tell that to all the Brit expats ,

who have done a runner from their homeland.  Actually i still vote on UK elections.

On 6/10/2019 at 7:44 AM, Chomper Higgot said:
Tell that to all the expats here remitting their living experience money from the UK.

What is it ฿39/£ and only going in one direction.

At least I AM from the UK unlike Chomper who refuses to say where he is from.

Oddly enough the UK doesn't care that much where I live. It is MY pension which I earned over 50 years and I paid for and I am also taxed on.

I could suggest that if you don't like the way I live MY life Chomper, then butt out of it.

I was working offshore from the UK back in 1991 and no I haven't done a runner from the UK, and yes I still have a vote in the UK until the end of the year.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, elliss said:

Down , and down more .

Tell that to all the Brit expats, who have chosen to leave the UK. aka aliens.

Actually , i still vote in UK elections, why ?.

Votes in the UK election, should be be for UK residents , only.

No taxation without representation.

I am taxed in the UK, but I still have a vote for a while which I intend to use while I can.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

You can always Google it for a different page to get a different quote but you will still end up with the same problem of the link and the first 3 sentences.

You should know that by now.

Never mind.

1 hour ago, elliss said:

Down , and down more .

I think votes in the UK election should be be for British citizens. 

Patrick Wintour Diplomatic editor

Wed 12 Jun 2019 15.50 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/12/brexit-shambles-has-ruined-uk-reputation-says-senior-diplomat

Brexit ‘shambles’ has ruined UK reputation, says senior diplomat

Outgoing high commissioner in Singapore says Britain seen as divided and ‘careless of truth’

Scott Wightman, Britain’s outgoing senior diplomat in Singapore, has said Britain is now seen worldwide as a country beset by division, obsessed with ideology and careless of truth.

In a valedictory note, he compared Brexit to the fall of Singapore in 1942 and said major investors expect future investment in Europe to be directed more towards Germany and France.

The remarks, first reported by Politico, came as the high commissioner left his post to take up a job in his native Scotland.

more...

5 hours ago, david555 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/12/brexit-shambles-has-ruined-uk-reputation-says-senior-diplomat

Outgoing high commissioner in Singapore says Britain seen as divided and ‘careless of truth’

Scott Wightman, Britain’s outgoing senior diplomat in Singapore, has said Britain is now seen worldwide as a country beset by division, obsessed with ideology and careless of truth.

In a valedictory note, he compared Brexit to the fall of Singapore in 1942 and said major investors expect future investment in Europe to be directed more towards Germany and France.

The remarks, first reported by Politico, came as the high commissioner left his post to take up a job in his native Scotland.

more...

We don't care what a remaining diplomat thinks its about democracy and the referendum which was won by leave. So like yourself you will have to accept we are leaving the EU. Parliament has quite rightly agreed that we can leave with a no deal. So you will just have to accept that too.

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

We don't care what a remaining diplomat thinks its about democracy and the referendum which was won by leave. So like yourself you will have to accept we are leaving the EU. Parliament has quite rightly agreed that we can leave with a no deal. So you will just have to accept that too.

I do not only accept leaving …:cheesy:..I HOPE you finally get out ……:clap2: by your own doing or by E.U. default be kicked out..:biggrin: , equal to me ….be no mistaken, the regretting U.K. leaving lasted only 4 month's after A50 seeing which bunch is on it...:ohmy:

I realized that nothing can convince the hardline brexiteers than feel the pain from burning their bottoms and sitting on the blisters …..( sorry for the remainers  guy's & girls ) , but the only way the loonies ever realize what they have done …..!

Me regretting.....! biggest misunderstanding ever  :omfg:

I hope Bojo or(and ) Farage make it , so E.U. just does not extend anymore …. the only thing they can do good for me …:tongue: this " farce " has come to an end 

Sometimes the Devil is a partner ...

1 minute ago, Benroon said:

Such quaint naivety - the vote got through as there would have been tories that don't need to defy the whip or show their hand yet, the vote was meaningless so they can continue to lurk in the shadows for a little longer - when it comes to the crunch they would cross the floor (it only takes 2 or 3 of them) - there is ZERO chance of a no deal going through parliament so you can forget that little fantasy.

What insider told you ZERO chance of no deal....?

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I see HMRC are now saying less than 10% of UK companies are prepared for a no deal Brexit - and haven't even applied for the export licenses they are going to need, assuming the brexiteers aren't going to add the HMRC to their long list of independent organisation who are 'bias' - so that's going to end well isn't it !

Following on from yesterdays statement from the NHS stating there is no way they can get enough medicines stockpiled ready for a no deal Brexit! 

Even multi millionaire de pfeffel Johnson has now admitted it will hurt the UK (but won't hurt him in the slightest) 

All going swimmingly......I honestly can't wait for the bedlam, will be fun to watch.

So you are someone who relishes the UK having problems sorting their future out.......

Hmmm, where are you from....?

10 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I see HMRC are now saying less than 10% of UK companies are prepared for a no deal Brexit - and haven't even applied for the export licenses they are going to need...

You do realize that only 6-8% of UK companies export to the EU?  

1 hour ago, transam said:

So you are someone who relishes the UK having problems sorting their future out.......

Hmmm, where are you from....?

There are many on this forum who delight in the UK's difficulties over Brexit. I have asked the question "Why do you dislike us so much ?" on many occasions but never get an answer.

It's your turn Benroon! " I honestly can't wait for the bedlam".

Why do you dislike us so much? 

12 hours ago, david555 said:

more...

So he's saying that the EU is the equivalent of the Imperial Japanese Army?

Well, there are certain similarities, I suppose. 

14 hours ago, elliss said:

Down , and down more .

Not long to wait until votes for life based on NI No's becomes a reality.

"No taxation...." an' all that! ????

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

So he's saying that the EU is the equivalent of the Imperial Japanese Army?

Well, there are certain similarities, I suppose. 

Between the lines you can guess Scotland is lost for the union , after all a Scottish queen and King beheading is a thing to remember....

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

You do realize that only 6-8% of UK companies export to the EU?  

But unfortunately all UK companies are affected by at least some EU regulations. Brilliant innit?

19 minutes ago, david555 said:

Between the lines you can guess Scotland is lost for the union , after all a Scottish queen and King beheading is a thing to remember....

So is the loss of £1400 per citizen per annum on secession.

Am i missing something or i see UK is also signed Lisbon treaty? And now they want play the game we can go out as we want? Its not possibly sorry. UK need to act as every member that signed that document and this obligates to pay if you want exit. Is simple but for Brits many things even the simpliest are complicated. 

2 minutes ago, MBFC1960 said:

Am i missing something or i see UK is also signed Lisbon treaty? And now they want play the game we can go out as we want? Its not possibly sorry. UK need to act as every member that signed that document and this obligates to pay if you want exit. Is simple but for Brits many things even the simpliest are complicated. 

And you are from..?   Just so I can admire where you are from's excellence...

34 minutes ago, david555 said:

E.U. take care for them , time to decolonize  it's been to long already .

You need to brush up on your history. Scotland is not a colony and the United Kingdom is not an Empire.

I do however have my suspicions the EU is an Empire run by Germany.

12 minutes ago, aright said:

You need to brush up on your history. Scotland is not a colony and the United Kingdom is not an Empire.

I do however have my suspicions the EU is an Empire run by Germany.

So true sir you had an Empire  but no more , and we see Scotland treated as a colony , so what is in a name Shakespeare in mind …,E.U. not an Empire but on his way to U.S.E. :biggrin:

If some would be interested , The view from Brussels about tory candidates ….Mark Stone SKY News had it in a video on the news , here it is on a page …. all 3 comments from high lawyer and 1Brexit steering group member , and 1 from the E.U. reform group …… their verdict ...all candidates in denial and delusional , only one speaks a bit the true is that Rory ..

https://news.sky.com/story/tory-leadership-race-the-view-from-brussels-11740802

Tory leadership race: The view from Brussels

Three EU experts discuss the candidates, their promises and whether those promises have any basis in reality.

By Mark Stone, Europe correspondent

Thursday 13 June 2019 07:26, UK

What do those on the EU side of the Brexit argument make of the Conservative leadership contest?

We asked three insiders, who watch events in Westminster closely, to analyse the leadership contenders' pledges and assess their viability.

Are they promising the undeliverable just to win over Conservative MPs and grass roots Tory members? Or does any one of them have a credible, deliverable plan?

:: Jean-Claude Piris is a top EU lawyer. For 23 years he was the director-general of the European Council's legal service.

Agata Gostynaka-Jakubowska is a Brussels-based senior research fellow at the Centre for European Reform.

Philippe Lamberts is a member of the European Parliament. He sits on the Brexit Steering Group.

I began by asking them, broadly, what do they make of the campaign to become British Prime Minister so far?

Philippe Lamberts: "I see many people in denial of reality."

Agata Gostynaka-Jakubowska: "I think many of the contenders are actually delusional about what they can achieve. And I think the reality will come to bite them soon."

Jean-Claude Piris: "Sometimes you are obliged, in order to be elected, to make promises you know you are not going to implement so some of them are pushing a little bit too much. Because as you say in English they are promising unicorns - things which are completely unrealistic."

:: What about an eleventh hour backdown by the EU?

Philippe Lamberts: "What many people like Dominic Raab and others are ignoring is the calculus that the EU27 are making is that indeed a no-deal Brexit will be harmful but ruining the integrity of the Single Market would be even more harmful. So if you have to chose between two evils, you choose the lesser one."

Agata Gostynaka-Jakubowska: "Any contender who thinks that he or she will be able to bypass the EU institutions in those negotiations and negotiate bilaterally with key member states, I think he or she is wrong to think this."

What about a so-called World Trade Organisation (WTO) Brexit in which the UK leaves with no deal and then trades on WTO terms with the EU and the rest of the world?

Jean-Claude Piris: "That means on 1 November, suddenly the UK will have no trade agreements with anybody in the world so it will be a unique country. And nowadays the UK benefits from the EU Single Market but also all the trade agreements concluded by the EU on behalf of the 28 members with a lot of countries in the world - Canada, Singapore, South Korea, Mexico, Japan and so on. ****

much more ...

1 hour ago, aright said:

So is the loss of £1400 per citizen per annum on secession.

The equivalent of approx. 55440 Thai baht a year …. waw..! how generous from U.K. :cheesy:

4 hours ago, Benroon said:

Such quaint naivety - the vote got through as there would have been tories that don't need to defy the whip or show their hand yet, the vote was meaningless so they can continue to lurk in the shadows for a little longer - when it comes to the crunch they would cross the floor (it only takes 2 or 3 of them) - there is ZERO chance of a no deal going through parliament so you can forget that little fantasy.

I did notice that all the 10 Conservatives who voted to keep the U.K in the E.u. Represent southern constituents, while 6 of the 8 Labour MP’s who voted to leave represent northern constituents. So nothing new there, as we all know, how some people visualize the U.K.

DD54E531-0C39-415F-A18C-B2791A941B49.jpeg

8 hours ago, david555 said:

I do not only accept leaving …:cheesy:..I HOPE you finally get out ……:clap2: by your own doing or by E.U. default be kicked out..:biggrin: , equal to me ….be no mistaken, the regretting U.K. leaving lasted only 4 month's after A50 seeing which bunch is on it...:ohmy:

I realized that nothing can convince the hardline brexiteers than feel the pain from burning their bottoms and sitting on the blisters …..( sorry for the remainers  guy's & girls ) , but the only way the loonies ever realize what they have done …..!

Me regretting.....! biggest misunderstanding ever  :omfg:

I hope Bojo or(and ) Farage make it , so E.U. just does not extend anymore …. the only thing they can do good for me …:tongue: this " farce " has come to an end 

Sometimes the Devil is a partner ...

Great to hear. So will you stop posting the continued barrage of how the UK is going to regret leaving the EU and how much regret the UK will have. Some how I doubt it.

4 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Great to hear. So will you stop posting the continued barrage of how the UK is going to regret leaving the EU and how much regret the UK will have. Some how I doubt it.

Back to back snide posts do get a little boring after while, but some think by adding a smiley face or two makes it ok. Sadly he is not the only one, but definately he is in the premiership.

17 hours ago, david555 said:

more...

IMHO it is not the UK reputation that is at fault but the dimwitted government of Remainers (who thought. and they still think that that they are superior than the oiks) led by Teresa May that is the problem. Fortunately she is now only a caretaker PM and hopefully the UK WILL leave the Eu on 31st October.

If not then I have no idea what will happen other than at the next general election the Tory party (who were they?) will be a spent force with enough MPs to perhaps fill a telephone kiosk.

7 hours ago, Benroon said:

I assume that is your opinion only.

Mine is the opposite to yours.

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Back to back snide posts do get a little boring after while, but some think by adding a smiley face or two makes it ok. Sadly he is not the only one, but definately he is in the premiership.

Snide get snide... , as the Brits are not humble in that for sure ,smiley's are added by me to make no misunderstanding about what I try to say, as you sure noticed I am not an anglophile , and writing English is sure not my strongest point as self instructed , and it so difficult to get something under some skulls here , and yes I am a guy who like to laugh .

To enjoy a Brit in snide conversations  ,you have to wind them up , just like I did as a toddler before battery's came in the toy's ….:tongue:

But thanks anyway to put me in premiership category …. at least you sounds as  sportive guy's , hope you stay so also when loosing ….

24 minutes ago, david555 said:

Snide get snide... , as the Brits are not humble in that for sure ,smiley's are added by me to make no misunderstanding about what I try to say, as you sure noticed I am not an anglophile , and writing English is sure not my strongest point as self instructed , and it so difficult to get something under some skulls here , and yes I am a guy who like to laugh .

To enjoy a Brit in snide conversations  ,you have to wind them up , just like I did as a toddler before battery's came in the toy's ….:tongue:

But thanks anyway to put me in premiership category …. at least you sounds as  sportive guy's , hope you stay so also when loosing ….

I am sure you mean no malice, but if you are trying to wind other people up isn't that trolling. We all like a laugh but...........every post?

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

I am sure you mean no malice, but if you are trying to wind other people up isn't that trolling. We all like a laugh but...........every post?

you could be an example for that ...or does it start hurting ? 

A reminder …. after 31 October U.K. has not 1 trade agreement to trade with ….in case no deal loosing all the present ones 

Jean-Claude Piris: "That means on 1 November, suddenly the UK will have no trade agreements with anybody in the world so it will be a unique country. And nowadays the UK benefits from the EU Single Market but also all the trade agreements concluded by the EU on behalf of the 28 members with a lot of countries in the world - Canada, Singapore, South Korea, Mexico, Japan and so on. ****

Archived