Thailand: Paradise Lost? Part 1.

webfact

What Thailand needs is to stop this Tourism BS and focus on their export economy, educate Issan girls to participate in that economy for their betterment instead of marrying old farang to escape from poverty and support their drug addict Thai bf. Thailand has become a constant supplier for young girls  for the old farang who failed in their life in their home country and migrate to Thailand for young girls to marry.

Edited by onera1961

Watching the footage of Phuket, Koh Ratcha and the surrounding areas nearly made me weep.   

I did my PADI SCUBA courses there in 2001 and was privileged to see the then beautiful coral and marine life.

I've quoted Joni Mitchell  on TV before with  "They paved paradise and put up a parking lot".

Phuket has long since ceased to be a tropical paradise.

Sad beyond words....

Edited by VBF

17 hours ago, Denim said:

What it boils down to is , do you want the money or not ?

Can't have it both ways.

That's the way the Thais think of it. However you can have tourism and reap the benefits without destroying everything you touch. Hawaii has beautiful beaches, has a huge number of annual visitors, is able to make a big margin on each visitor. Hawaii can command higher prices because the value proposition is so much greater. This is because they don't treat their islands like a toilet, toxic waste dump and tourist attraction all rolled into one. If you want to maximize your take you can have one but not the other. 

There are many destinations like that around the world where there is tourism, profits and lack the complete and total environmental degradation that Thailand is now known for. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1