Thais face a battle to recover from traumatic 13-0 defeat

webfact

16 minutes ago, Chazar said:

I'm almost waiting for the govt.  announcement about "triumphant team" returns.

I imagine they'll do just like most in this part of the world and pretend it never happened. Media won't run too many stories. 

Had they beaten the US team, their great grandfathers would be talking about it 100 years from now. 

Another common character trait I dislike about Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

Running up the score may perhaps be excused but the over-the-top celebrations on the later goals were disgusting. While the Americans stupidly say it will grow the game and Thailand will come back stronger I have the opposite view. Women's sports events on an international scale are often incredibly weak. Only 8-10 women or teams capable of competing (not winning) and until the competition broadens there is no need to even have a World Cup with more than 8-12 teams or at all. Just look at the Winter Olympics. Many events have 5-7 top quality competitors and the rest are 3rd rate. Not a PC opinion but this score demonstrates my point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Thai goalie apparently kneeled for the anthem as a protest to Trump demonstrating what we have seen countless times here on Thai Visa "Trump Derangement Syndrome" which basically makes the brain inoperable during periods of uncontrolled rage.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, losworld said:

The Thai goalie apparently kneeled for the anthem as a protest to Trump demonstrating what we have seen countless times here on Thai Visa "Trump Derangement Syndrome" which basically makes the brain inoperable during periods of uncontrolled rage.

Did that really happen? Please link your source. 

There was this incident --

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/448157-usa-soccer-star-megan-rapinoe-refuses-to-sing-national-anthem