Renewing 5 year driving license.

Spaniel

My 5 year license comes up for renewal in mid July.    Since it was 5 years ago when I last renewed can anyone advise if this is still the paperwork I will need for renewal:

1.   Embassy letter verifying address

2.   Passport and 1 year visa and a copy of each.

3.   Old license plus renewal fee

I will renew at the office in Minburi, Bangkok.    I remember 5 years ago I went there early and the place was packed so thinking might be better to go after lunch?

My 5 year license comes up for renewal in mid July.    Since it was 5 years ago when I last renewed can anyone advise if this is still the paperwork I will need for renewal:
1.   Embassy letter verifying address
2.   Passport and 1 year visa and a copy of each.
3.   Old license plus renewal fee

I will renew at the office in Minburi, Bangkok.    I remember 5 years ago I went there early and the place was packed so thinking might be better to go after lunch?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Renewed last month. The wait is long no matter what time you arrive. They close at 2 PM. Going after lunch might merge into their closing time. And just to add, smiling and humility grease the wheel.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Renewed my licence the day after coronation and it was a mess, so better do it mid-week but not on a the day after a weekend or holiday. You are advised to go early in the morning as you will not escape the video thing.

Bring along originals and copies (one set per licence that you want to extend) of

Passport (front page, visa or extension and stamp to stay)

Yellow Tabien Ban or Embassy Letter (confirming your address)

Old Driving Licence(s)

Cost B 505 (Car), respectively B 255 (Motocy)

There is not medical certificate necessary if you extend from an expired 5-year licence.

If you are smart have your GF or wife call your Land Office to confirm what is really needed.

And being clever, go one day after your birthday and you will get a 6 years validity of your new licences.

As a side note have your tickets (speeding or whatever) payed before you apply as they put each licence into a reader to check if that is the case.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I don’t live in Bangkok but where I live they now require a medical certificate from a doctor

might be worth asking JimBuckToo

At Jomtien this is not required when renewing a 5 year, but is if moving from a 2 to 5 year licence !!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...