EXCLUSIVE: Farang checkout thief who stole 2,000 baht from Thai shopper returns the money - He's British

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I predict 30 plus pages of Brit bashing now, par for the course on here, but you cannot tar everyone with the same brush. (From a proud Brit !).

Not only that, but how many posts were there accusing/implying that the thai woman was dishonestly trying to up 1K Baht to 2K baht. 

So 30 pages knocking Thais as well?

And what about the Yanks, the French, the German bla bla bla?

18 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

It only all the Brits on head too

If only all the Brits on here followed the same path of thinking ????????‍♂️

And those from wherever you hail from too, What a wonderful world it would be.......

19 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

It only all the Brits on head too

If only all the Brits on here followed the same path of thinking ????????‍♂️

what would you have done if you found 2000 baht on the pavement outside friendship would you hand it in to police ( and possibly one of them take it home ) or keep it ?

1 minute ago, hottrader77 said:

what would you have done if you found 2000 baht on the pavement outside friendship would you hand it in to police ( and possibly one of them take it home ) or keep it ?

I/d keep it.....as the BIB would anyway...........this is slightly different though, guy saw the money drop and delibrately concealed it with his foot....

That said the stick he has taken on here and social media is way over the top.............some posters would have him hung, drawn and quartered

5 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:
2 hours ago, CGW said:
Make a great story for a movie judging by the interest on here! emoji57.png

Danny Devito and Angelina Jolie in lead roles !! emoji51.png

I take it suggesting Danny Devito is due to him being closer to the ground and able to spot objects on the floor easier?

22 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I predict 30 plus pages of Brit bashing now, par for the course on here, but you cannot tar everyone with the same brush. (From a proud Brit !).

I agree with you, but why do you call yourself a proud Brit. Do you think yourself better than non-Brits? 

?

4 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

They shoulda locked his a$$ up

????

Who shoulda locked him up? The police did not get involved at all. He said sorry, returned the cash

and as is usual for Thais, she forgave him. Story finished (fortunately for him).

I don't think Brits are so bad -- most Brits I meet, I understand only about half what they're saying

-- with all their mumbling, problems with rhotic R, etc. If they could just speak clear English...

9 hours ago, vogie said:

You cannot find money if it is not lost, he knew where the money came from, I suppose it became lost to her when he put his foot on it.

..he didnt take it from her person of property..for all he knew it floated down from the checkout area..he assumed it was hers or the stores by putting his foot on it, which sealed his intent to hide it until she moved.

He should wear a wig and glasses when/if he enters soi Boakow , or else he will be recognized for sure. If I were in his shoes I would leave Thailand for 1-2 months until the storm has settled.

Congratulations to the Thai lady. She was kind enough not to press charges. This is s perfect example of Thai hospitality and kindness that the majority of Thai people live by. Well done to her.

As for the Brit, he has been in Thailand for 2 months, he must be embarrassed with people pointing, staring and laughing at him. His family and friends must be ashamed of him. I hope he is on a plane exceptionally quickly never to return to the Kingdom again.

Morality is what one does when one thinks nobody is or can be watching.

Quote from a Tuk-tuk operator when caught throwing a styrofoam container into a storm drain:

"Nobody see, nobody know."

(except that I knew, but as a farang I'm a "nobody" ????)

14 hours ago, dabhand said:

Good on the old geezer? If not for the CCTV he would have got away with the theft. Just wonder how much thieving he had done over his lifetime as he gave no hint of being a newbie in such activities.

No excuse, but likely that the lady was a trifle more desperate for cash than the rather well fed Brit.

But you seem to have missed this foreign guy who actually took the money from inside the temple. Now, that surely takes the biscuit for being despicable? Of course, that is only my opinion.....

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1023877-farang-on-bicycle-enters-temple-and-steals-1000-baht-donation-money/#comments

Nothign to argue about; a temple thief ........... how cheap is that! They should deport the guy and ban him for life!

15 hours ago, justin case said:

for me, he did not steal ...that dumb b. dropped her money, careless...

if brit did not pick it up, someone else would have

give it to the cashier and it is their lucky day...

I wonder how come this footage is giving out to the public without court or police order

Where are you coming from? The guy saw it fall and could have simply pointed it out to her!  Instead he chose to press her to move forward, so that he could get his foot over it. 

What type of world do we live in?

10 hours ago, tandor said:

..he didnt take it from her person of property..for all he knew it floated down from the checkout area..he assumed it was hers or the stores by putting his foot on it, which sealed his intent to hide it until she moved.

Rubbish, he watched her drop it, he stalked her, and when she moved he was like a rat up a drainpipe.

"Floated down from the checkout" being carried by the 'good luck fairies' no doubt.????????

Archived