EXCLUSIVE: Farang checkout thief who stole 2,000 baht from Thai shopper returns the money - He's British

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

There certainly seems to be a worldwide negativity against Brits nowadays.

I do not know why.

I would suggest telling people you are from Australia. You can probably get away with that.

You are telling people that they should lie ?

47 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I do not know why.

I would suggest telling people you are from Australia. You can probably get away with that.

But oh the shame!

51 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I do not know why.

Yes but every time I do an Australian accent I sound like a Pakistani.

But oh the shame!

Whenever I’m talking to a Thai in English I always like to throw in the following words/phrases to cover my tracks:

Cobber
Git er done
Aboot
To be sure, to be sure.
Yer canny wee lad
Throw another tinnie on the barbie

It certainly hides my English heritage but does tend to bring the conversation to an abrupt end !!

19 hours ago, justin case said:

for me, he did not steal ...that dumb b. dropped her money, careless...

if brit did not pick it up, someone else would have

give it to the cashier and it is their lucky day...

I wonder how come this footage is giving out to the public without court or police order

Did it ever occur to you that the Brit guy could have easily brought the dropped money to the attention of the lady who dropped it?

Wouldn't that be the right thing to do?

I sure hope I never lose anything in your presence.

13 hours ago, BradinAsia said:

Who shoulda locked him up? The police did not get involved at all. He said sorry, returned the cash

and as is usual for Thais, she forgave him. Story finished (fortunately for him).

I don't think Brits are so bad -- most Brits I meet, I understand only about half what they're saying

-- with all their mumbling, problems with rhotic R, etc. If they could just speak clear English...

It was reported to the police, from a non TV source it was quoted that the could not trace him because he did not leave by taxi, it was also stated:

Jeab is now satisfied that the case is over and has dropped her complaint with the Pattaya police.

I suspect they are looking for him on new charges of making them look stupid... ????

On 6/13/2019 at 9:35 PM, Thaiwrath said:

I predict 30 plus pages of Brit bashing now, par for the course on here, but you cannot tar everyone with the same brush. (From a proud Brit !).

Totally agree, from one who has British Heritage on my fathers side but also proudly Australian

Likewise you cannot tar all Thais will the same brush because of the actions of some individuals, despite what some on this site would have us believe.

On 6/13/2019 at 9:52 PM, Golden Triangle said:

Oh well, after my post on the other thread hoping he wasn't gonna be a Brit I suppose I'll have to suck up (buttercup) all the anti Brit posts for the next few months, but hey that's chuff all new on here, far too many people wanna knock us Brits, I think it's jealousy, but hey, I'm a proud Brit so have your fun people I really don't give a toss. ????

Not as much as they want to knock the Thais.

4 hours ago, vogie said:

Rubbish, he watched her drop it, he stalked her, and when she moved he was like a rat up a drainpipe.

"Floated down from the checkout" being carried by the 'good luck fairies' no doubt.????????

...really...take another look.

On 6/13/2019 at 11:22 PM, Golden Triangle said:

Actually I want to ask a serious question, how do we know he is British ? We only have the lady,s word to go on, he may have spoken English but could be from a multitude of different countries, the police were not involved so no sighting of his passport or drivers licence, I mean he could easily come from the USA, NZ, SA, AUS or God forbid even the Isle of Wight......................

May I suggest that he probably belongs on the Isle of Wight in that government building providing free board and lodgings.

On 6/13/2019 at 3:44 PM, ballpoint said:

I wonder how long it will be before all those who accused Jeab of lying about the amount come out to apologise?

Should be any time soon.  Just after Pattaya freezes over.

well as you only hear her heard side of the story on the amount it still doesnt prove anything, as the lowlife who stole the money obviously isnt going to comment on it as hes gonna go hide back under the rock he crawled out from

On 6/13/2019 at 3:44 PM, ballpoint said:

I wonder how long it will be before all those who accused Jeab of lying about the amount come out to apologise?

Should be any time soon.  Just after Pattaya freezes over.

only hear her side of the story on that so no prove it was the amount she said,as the lowlife who stole it will be going back under the rock he crawled from as fast as possible

EXCLUSIVE: He's British

So was my former out of work colleague who used his big toe to trap my B10 coin while I was buying him lunch. He bent down, picked and put it in his pocket after I turned sideways in pretense of looking for something. This was after giving him B500 to ease his burden. 

On 6/13/2019 at 9:52 PM, Golden Triangle said:

Oh well, after my post on the other thread hoping he wasn't gonna be a Brit I suppose I'll have to suck up (buttercup) all the anti Brit posts for the next few months, but hey that's chuff all new on here, far too many people wanna knock us Brits, I think it's jealousy, but hey, I'm a proud Brit so have your fun people I really don't give a toss. ????

My heart bleeds for all of you. 

I can only imagine the mental anguish you will suffer in the coming months and years.

Or you could not take it personally and just move on.

With so many shooters on TVF, everybody is a target at some point.

On 6/14/2019 at 12:40 AM, darksidedog said:

I am glad he had the decency to return the money, but feel he only did so from the shame produced by social media. Had it not been so well publicised, I suspect he would not have done so. We all make mistakes. The woman is satisfied, the cops seem to be letting it go. All that remains is for the TV punters to shred him a little more I guess.

I have nothing but praise for the Thai lady who has been very fair minded about the whole thing and more than gracious. I wish there were more like her. Her boyfriend seems to have picked a good one.

It does not matter why he did it but the fact that he returned it is what matters. Many would not have.

2 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

It does not matter why he did it but the fact that he returned it is what matters. Many would not have.

To escape the clutches, for now, of PC Plod is worth far more than the returned dosh. If not for the CCTV coverage and the connected facebook/media scrum there is no way he would have made any effort to return the ill gotten gains.

Anyone who thinks he had a road to Damascus moment is naïve in the extreme..

To escape the clutches, for now, of PC Plod is worth far more than the returned dosh. If not for the CCTV coverage and the connected facebook/media scrum there is no way he would have made any effort to return the ill gotten gains.
Anyone who thinks he had a road to Damascus moment is naïve in the extreme..

Exactly as soon as he realised he had been picked up on cctv he came across as all repentant.
According to the girl he returned the money with “ tears in his eyes “ !!

Without the cctv he would have spent the money without a thought for the girls loss.

Of course he might not be a hardened criminal and this might have been a spur of the moment opportunist theft but that still doesn’t alter the fact that when he saw the money drop he immediately set about stealing it.

99% of people would have pointed it out to the girl IMHO .

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Sadly, very true.

I have never met a Brit who had anything good to say about the Thais.

Yet, they stay here.

Very strange....

Probably reflects in the company you keep, never heard my British friends call Thais.

Archived