Why do Thai people ask my GF how much $ I send her?

Elkski

Been dating a Thai woman for over a year now.  her co-workers and friends only asked how much money do I send her each month.  And when I'd she moving to  USA. 

I said why don't you tell them that I cook and clean and do home repairs and work on my cars and exercise and ride mountain bikes and hunt and fish and she said they don't care about that stuff. 

How long has this keep up with the Joneses mentality been going on in Thailand?

And I want to chastise all you retards who have sent so much money to your girlfriend's every month and ruined it for the rest of us.   

I guess most Thai think foreigners are good for two things. 

Getting out of the hell hole and winning the lottery. 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you explain in which industrie she is working? As you only told her co-workers.

From the questions of her co-workers, I have an Assumtion, but we should not assume!

It seems talking about how much money people "earn" is not unusual with Thais. Taxi drivers asked me how much I earn and I ask them how much they earn. I asked several Thais in different jobs and it seems for most of them it's normal to talk about that. I never had a reaction like: How dare you ask.

And about your cooking and cleaning and whatever. A maid cost 300B a day, that's almost 40B per hour. You can figure out yourself how much value your home work has.

19 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I guess you're not living in Thailand are you?

They want to know how much money you send her so that they can compare the amount with how much her other foreign 'Johns' send her ????

Well, some also tell their bf their friends ask, so she can maximize her outcome, by remind him, how much others get, without directly asking. 

There is more than one highway to Rome. Often heard ridicilous amount of money being sent, also seen e-mails I have translated where bf send 50 - 70k a month including their gf to save money in the bank for them both, and in meantime she is out having a blast every night with her friends. And new lovers, and bf numbel 2 and 3 and 4,,,,,

So, I would like to ask to op, are you giving to little? 

An asian woman is supposed to take care of her husband, make him helpless in his home, make sure he do not find anything himself. Serving coffe in the morning and make food, clean dishes, and hide his clean underwear a new place every week, so she know he still needs hem for the most simple thing. . Thats how hey keep their husbands, and reminds them how helpless they are without them. And of course hand over your monthly salery to her.  

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems talking about how much money people "earn" is not unusual with Thais. Taxi drivers asked me how much I earn and I ask them how much they earn. I asked several Thais in different jobs and it seems for most of them it's normal to talk about that. I never had a reaction like: How dare you ask.

And about your cooking and cleaning and whatever. A maid cost 300B a day, that's almost 40B per hour. You can figure out yourself how much value your home work has.

But in my opinion it's not the same. Yes to ask about the Income that's normal. But not how much you send to your GF! It's not the same

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

An asian woman is supposed to take care of her husband, make him helpless in his home, make sure he do not find anything himself. Serving coffe in the morning and make food, clean dishes, and hide his clean underwear a new place every week, so she know he still needs him for the most simple thing. . Thats how hey keep their husbands, and reminds them how helpless they are without them. And of course hand over your monthly salery every month. 

Where does that knowledge come from?

My girlfriend also puts some of my staff in bags or boxes and I never find it without her. But for me it seems she just want to put it away out of sight. I never suspected a deeper logic behind her behavior.

1 minute ago, HampiK said:

But in my opinion it's not the same. Yes to ask about the Income that's normal. But not how much you send to your GF! It's not the same

It's her income...

I am sure most guys don't like to see it like this. But then, most guys know their one is different...

45 minutes ago, Elkski said:

And I want to chastise all you retards who have sent so much money to your girlfriend's every month and ruined it for the rest of us. 

Please talk with the Vietnam veterans in your own country and blame them. Pattaya's industry is there for a reason...

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Please talk with the Vietnam veterans in your own country and blame them. Pattaya's industry is there for a reason...

Nothing is ruined, just need to find the right gf with the right friends, right? 

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Where does that knowledge come from?

My girlfriend also puts some of my staff in bags or boxes and I never find it without her. But for me it seems she just want to put it away out of sight. I never suspected a deeper logic behind her behavior.

Just a personal experience, where my clothes changed places every week, and suddenly I realised I was stuck in a marriage where all my clothes for the day, was picked and served by my wife, all my food was made by her, even she had full time work her self. Every sunday I had to get out of house, and it was a full day cleaning the house. And a couple of gf before and after also managed my clothes, packing when travelling, served me coffe in the morning and made all the food. Cleaning have been so so with some of them, and logic organized  tidiness as well. 

Nobody wants to know if you cook, ride a bicycle, or work on your car(s).

It just doesn't matter because that's not of interest, you're paying for a product and they only want to know how much you're worth.

By telling them that you do that all by yourself, you're not doing yourself a favor. 

Best of luck with your long distance love. Why don't you come to see her at a time without telling her that? Then you'll understand a bit more.

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

Just a personal experience, where my clothes changed places every week, and suddenly I realised I was stuck in a marriage where all my clothes for the day, was picked and served by my wife, all my food was made by her, even she had full time work her self. Every sunday I had to get out of house, and it was a full day cleaning the house. And a couple of gf before and after also managed my clothes, packing when travelling, served me coffe in the morning and made all the food. Cleaning have been so so with some of them, and logic organized  tidiness as well. 

Please don't tell me that she cleaned the windows.......

Because they are jealous and don't like seeing your wife happy(probably because they aren't) so they want to sabotage it somehow by planting seeds of doubt in her mind that somehow you're not good enough. Not all are like this only certain people.

15 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Best of luck with your long distance love. Why don't you come to see her at a time without telling her that? Then you'll understand a bit more.

Oh, you bad bad man, she is different, you know

14 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Please don't tell me that she cleaned the windows.......

One, actually did, yes, but she had a german school before me, and made my life much easier, and with less headick

In Thailand, everything is measured with money and wealth, Thai people have no qualms in being a busybody by asking others how much others have, get or earn, as this quite a normal workplace banter...

39 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Not exactly ; the Thais did not wait for the war against Vietnam to develop prostitution in their country.
Pattaya is a wart in the ocean of Thai immorality ..
All Thailand is corrupt by sex since much longer than 1964!

Prostitution against farang does not even represent 5%;
the remaining 95% is thai-thai

16 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Oh, you bad bad man, she is different, you know

She's sooo different, loves him too much and a foreigner writes the letters for her. I miss you too much, can't wait to see you again...

They're only in for the money, aren't they? lol

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

her co-workers and friends only asked how much money do I send her each month. 

it would be the same for a Thai man.

"how much does he make?"  super important if the woman is having sex. if the relationship falls apart better have some gold to show for all that boom boom or she looses face with her friends.

not much different than Los Angeles.

Money is the basis of 95%+ at least of Thai-farang relationships.

She works?  My advice?  STOP SENDING ANY MONEY.  She's strong and able bodied and if she can't take care of herself, its a scam, and not worth it.

Be careful with SE asian women.  I am a walking example of what can happen.  If you want to talk more, message me.  I have some stories that will make you cry.

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

An asian woman is supposed to take care of her husband, make him helpless in his home, make sure he do not find anything himself. Serving coffe in the morning and make food, clean dishes

That would be last century thinking

Archived