Why do Thai people ask my GF how much $ I send her?

Elkski

1 minute ago, porphyry said:

That would be last century thinking

Not really I'm just going thru that now

1 post mentioned depends on class

& yes Asia is ranked on stature & wealth 

They always ask how much you pay for something

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

She's sooo different, loves him too much and a foreigner writes the letters for her. I miss you too much, can't wait to see you again... 

They're only in for the money, aren't they? lol

I used to write those letters before the days of mobile phones and the internet.

The going rate was one Singha per letter.

Regarding being asked about how much money her boyfriend sends her, it's not only trying to work out who is more 'valuable'. Thai culture seems to lack what we would see as personal matters.

I remember years ago an English couple on holiday were in a Bangkok bar. The wife took exception to the fact that usually the first question was how old she was.

It was difficult to explain the the bar girls why it was considered rude to ask such a question of a ferang. In Thai culture that's important - in order to know how to address each other - either Nong or Pee as that depends directly on age.

40 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

They are just gauging whether they have to pay back the money they "borrow" from her or not!

How true

All of a sudden they come out of the wood work 

& as usual the <deleted> starts to flow with with the promise of this & that

& when all fails guess what your right, as most of them wouldn't pay back & especially to one that has a Falang as they just think it will keep rolling in from him

I can tell you this with about 70% percent accuracy.. Don't ask me where I get these figures.  Its just life experience.. But with 70% accuracy, if you aren't there, and you are sending her money every month, you ARE NOT the only man in the picture.  Think about this, if you could work in a factory or a restaurant, and have 5-6 (or more) send you western union transfers every month, wouldn't that be enticing?  You're getting maybe 400-700 baht per day in your stupid little job, if you're lucky.  Farang man a sends you 10,000 baht per month, farang b sends 6000 baht per month, farang c 3000 baht.  Suddenly salary is 40,000, or whatever.  And it can continue to grow, just add more farangs.  Listen to me, I hate to be a bad guy, rambo cupid killer, etc.  Its just the cold hard truth about Thailand.  I wouldn't consider yourself a serious partner with this person unless you're physically living together.  i pray for you man.  I hope this girl hasn't conned you the way I have been conned by so many of them.  This is the exact reason why I gave up on love in SE asia.  I hate being a walking ATM.  I am a real man with feelings and thoughts and hobbies, as you point out, of my own.  I'm nobodys pay day.  All of the gold digger witches can bugger off themselves.

Best of luck.

2 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

I can tell you this with about 70% percent accuracy.. Don't ask me where I get these figures.  Its just life experience.. But with 70% accuracy, if you aren't there, and you are sending her money every month, you ARE NOT the only man in the picture. ....

Wow!!  I never realised ????

6 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

I can tell you this with about 70% percent accuracy......

Farang man a sends you 10,000 baht per month, farang b sends 6000 baht per month, farang c 3000 baht.  Suddenly salary is 40,000, or whatever.  And it can continue to grow, just add more farangs. 

Some of the very good operators can even "generate" more monthly INCOME that way - than what  their Farang Boyfriends earn in their respective Jobs....

Best of luck with your long distance love. Why don't you come to see her at a time without telling her that? Then you'll understand a bit more.

i dont understand why anyone would want a long term g/f when they dont live in Thailand, im dammed if i would be sending money to a thai g/f you should know while the cats away the mice will play..............................but not on my buck.

18 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

I can tell you this with about 70% percent accuracy.. Don't ask me where I get these figures.  Its just life experience.. But with 70% accuracy, if you aren't there, and you are sending her money every month, you ARE NOT the only man in the picture. {snipped}

88.2% of all statistics are made up on the spot - Vic Reeves 1997

13 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

I can tell you this with about 70% percent accuracy.. Don't ask me where I get these figures.  Its just life experience.. But with 70% accuracy, if you aren't there, and you are sending her money every month, you ARE NOT the only man in the picture. ....

Wow!!  I never realised ????

it really does depend where you meet the girl, how old she is, what type of back ground she has come from, if she has kids. i have met some lovely girls in the last 15 years in Thailand over the internet and never been about money. before anyone say it YES maybe they are playing the long game hahaha

1350+ posts and you still dont get it, there is no hope for you, she is the one doing the hunting and fishing not you ha ha you sound like my (EX) mate sent his girlfriend  a (hairdresser) arnt they all ? of 4 years 20,000 every month, i did not have the heart to show him the photos . well he finally got the message, she was a bargirl,

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

Nobody wants to know if you cook, ride a bicycle, or work on your car(s).

It just doesn't matter because that's not of interest, you're paying for a product and they only want to know how much you're worth.

By telling them that you do that all by yourself, you're not doing yourself a favor. 

Best of luck with your long distance love. Why don't you come to see her at a time without telling her that? Then you'll understand a bit more.   

I actually had a long distance love before I got here. Did not send her money had a healthy and long relation with her after I came here. Not every relation works out badly but if your sending money to a girl you met in  a bar for instance your chances are a lot lower.

2 hours ago, Tagged said:

An asian woman is supposed to take care of her husband, make him helpless in his home, make sure he do not find anything himself. Serving coffe in the morning and make food, clean dishes, and hide his clean underwear a new place every week, so she know he still needs hem for the most simple thing. . Thats how hey keep their husbands, and reminds them how helpless they are without them. And of course hand over your monthly salery to her.  

Wow! From my experience Thai women are very independant and would not act in this way at all.

Haha.  555

I come back and did not expect three pages so quickly.  I've been to Thailand many times I'm not a newbie don't have pity on me.  I'm the most skeptical analytical suspicious man there is.  I have read about all the tricks in the book.  I do not send her money monthly. I have bought her a few gifts and brought her some gifts and paid for an English class. I have seen her five different times in the last 18 months.  She has a regular job in the medical industry not high up in the pay scale but not the poorest bloke in the world. She has no debt, but also no assets. She is over the hill , over 40,  but still very beautiful and unbelievably I was her first boyfriend. Don't give me the lecture it may or may not be true but it doesn't matter to me.  She does not go to any bars, her friends do not go to bars. I know the advice is to rent not buy. I'm only 58 and a half. I could easily come to Thailand and have fun for 5 years and then still find a nice young woman but I feel this one is special and I'm not getting married yet.  Time is on my side no rush.   I can understand why a man who cooks and cleans

sounds like a cheap Charlie and that is what I am actually.  

Oh no kids.    And one time talking about support, because her co workers kept asking, i asked what would be a good  #.  10,000 came up as ok but 20,000 # was also mentioned.  I know support = love in Thailand.  

I've met many Thai women before her.  She is special.  We met outside emporium.  When I saw her I just had to go talk to her. Then a few days later I went to her workplace. and after 3 weeks of travels around Thailand  and I came back and asked her on a date.  She has never been on a dating site. 

But this really isn't about me and her or prostitutes or women on the take.   If she's on the take she's in the long game looking for a green card in the USA or something.  I consider myself  a above average poker player.  

It just seemed weird to ask how much does your Foreigner boyfriend send each month?  It's like a measure of how good of a boyfriend did you catch.  Why don't they ask how good the sex is or how nice he is or something else?

2 hours ago, Tagged said:

An asian woman is supposed to take care of her husband, make him helpless in his home, make sure he do not find anything himself. Serving coffe in the morning and make food, clean dishes, and hide his clean underwear a new place every week, so she know he still needs hem for the most simple thing. . Thats how hey keep their husbands, and reminds them how helpless they are without them. And of course hand over your monthly salery to her. 

I do the washing and clean the dishes.

My wife supports me. I must be doing it wrong.

There is no truth about thai at all in any posts here, just our own experiences we can share. What we have in common, most of us meet women who seeks out foreigners of different reasons, but most of them is seeking safety for them self, or and their family for future. Not everybody, because I have seen men who can not take care of any woman, not even themselves, be taken care of a thai woman, for nothing else than trouble in reward, and a shitty life with a scumbag. 

I guess every woman know their price, who either work bar or are a hi so, som really do not know, and accept anything. 

Strange world we live in. I do it my way, and are happy so far with my bad and good experience with different woman, from different classes and backgrounds. And I will say the best woman I met, is the last one! Thats how it is until,,,,,,,

15 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I do the washing and clean the dishes.

My wife supports me. I must be doing it wrong.

You are hers Bitch then? I could do that also for the right woman, and I did for my love of life,  ut she studied, I worked, cleaned, cooked, and paid bills. 

Sorry, if that works out for you and her, that it is great. Thats the western future, where women is on top everywhere, and not only in bedroom anymore! 

Elk, I hate to say it, but you sound exactly like me when I met my last "wife"

I am different!  Ive been in Thailand over 10 years!  She's different!  She works in a factory!  She'd never cheat on me!  She'd never try to to steal money !  She has a good job!

You really need to get back to Thailand and rent a place with this chick for awhile and just see how things go.  It used to be that I only got my stomach churned when I heard my farang friends tell me that they met the love of their life in a bar.  Now my stomach flips inside out whenever any of them tell me they met the love of their life ANYWHERE in SE asia.

My "wife" was working in a factory but was a fulltime committeed bar girl before the factory.  While she was working in the factory she was freelancing in front of Mike Shopping Mall at every opportunity she got.  She was also fishing online for paid dates.  She was also getting wired money from stupid farangs overseas.  She was actually smarter than the bar girls - she left the bars, saved face by working in a factory, and went into business herself.  Cut out the middle man.  100% of prostitution money goes into her three bank accounts.

Be careful.  I wish you all the best.

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

Not exactly ; the Thais did not wait for the war against Vietnam to develop prostitution in their country.
Pattaya is a wart in the ocean of Thai immorality ..
All Thailand is corrupt by sex since much longer than 1964!

Prostitution against farang does not even represent 5%;
the remaining 95% is thai-thai

Sure, Thais didn't need farangs to learn to exchange money for sex.

But how many Thai guys send their favorite girls a regular salary? I am sure very few do that. But it seems a lot of farangs do that. And this is what this thread is about.

actually that is my plan to get a condo and live together for two or three months and see how that goes before we decide anything more but I have already done this for 1 + 3 weeks many times

25 million Thais hold 1.7% of the country’ wealth and 1% holds 50% of the country’s wealth. The chance you meet a girl who is poor and has to take care of her even poorer family is very high.
If you refuse to make her financially independent, you are actually holding her as a slave. Simple as that. It is quite obvious that money is a major “deal breaker” these girls have a responsibility which is more important than love. We westerns have the luxury to combine all this but I hope you understand we are privileged. Looking down on them and brand them as prostitutes says more about some posters here than the impossible situation the girl has to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

12 minutes ago, luk AJ said:

25 million Thais hold 1.7% of the country’ wealth and 1% holds 50% of the country’s wealth. The chance you meet a girl who is poor and has to take care of her even poorer family is very high.
If you refuse to make her financially independent, you are actually holding her as a slave. Simple as that. It is quite obvious that money is a major “deal breaker” these girls have a responsibility which is more important than love. We westerns have the luxury to combine all this but I hope you understand we are privileged. Looking down on them and brand them as prostitutes says more about some posters here than the impossible situation the girl has to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Prostitutes are prostitutes.

ALL of the bar girl/street girl/freelancer girl types I have met through the years in Thailand were motivated with nothing but pure greed.  Most of their friends were back home in Khon Kaen just barely scraping it buy, with Thai husbands, who were also barely scraping it by.  But they were barely scraping by with dignity.

These girls were sometimes making more money than I was, these Esan Farang bloodsucker types.  I'm talking bar girls making over 100,000 baht a month.  The smart ones stashed it all away in bank accounts.  The foolish ones spent it all on clothes, cosmetics, motorcycles, cars, you really name it.  I was actually foolish enough to MARRY two of these type of girls, and I was taken to the cleaners both times.  Literally SCAMMED, going beyond just simple violations of trust and infidelity.  I'm talking romance fraud.

There's some real nasties out there.  They don't have my sympathy.  None of them do.  I grew up poor too and I never tried to scam anyone.  I'm sorry.

27 minutes ago, Elkski said:

actually that is my plan to get a condo and live together for two or three months and see how that goes before we decide anything more but I have already done this for 1 + 3 weeks many times

One two three weeks? Try two years! Then you will know

Prostitutes are prostitutes.

ALL of the bar girl/street girl/freelancer girl types I have met through the years in Thailand were motivated with nothing but pure greed.  Most of their friends were back home in Khon Kaen just barely scraping it buy, with Thai husbands, who were also barely scraping it by.  But they were barely scraping by with dignity.

These girls were sometimes making more money than I was, these Esan Farang bloodsucker types.  I'm talking bar girls making over 100,000 baht a month.  The smart ones stashed it all away in bank accounts.  The foolish ones spent it all on clothes, cosmetics, motorcycles, cars, you really name it.  I was actually foolish enough to MARRY two of these type of girls, and I was taken to the cleaners both times.  Literally SCAMMED, going beyond just simple violations of trust and infidelity.  I'm talking romance fraud.

There's some real nasties out there.  They don't have my sympathy.  None of them do.  I grew up poor too and I never tried to scam anyone.  I'm sorry.

Yes, this is your side of the story...
So you were scammed 2 times?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived