Homeopathy ‘not a cure’ for dengue

webfact

5 minutes ago, lujanit said:

In some cases there may be a placebo effect however homeopathy is utter crap.  Pseudoscience at its worst.

Yet 200 million people and quite a few national health services believe in it? all taken in by pseudo-science? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

No, that's not the basis of homeopathy - if it was, there would be no need to take any of the totally useless homeopathic 'remedies.' You could just take nothing and your body would heal itself. Again, we all know that the body can heal itself and often does for minor infections or viruses (common cold etc) - and sometimes, even more serious ailments such as the dengue under discussion here.

The whole basis of homeopathy is that taking absolutely and totally undetectable amounts of something, can have an actual effect on a person's health. It's a totally crazy idea.

We have a different understanding & for sure my understanding is limited - the small amounts stimulate to help the body to heal.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, CGW said:
3 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Which national health services? None in any developed country that I'm aware of.

As my previous post, including Switzerland, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Pakistan, - I will keep an open mind & leave it at that ???? 

• Haha 2

I recall back home they used to have these phone lines (costing a cr*pload of money of course) where one could call and receive a healing treatment over the phone .. Some distance reiki thing. Apparently it was hugely popular at the time and they even had these massive conventions around that stuff. Considering the amount of people into it, I'm sure combining such treatment with homeopathy would have you running disease free easily into mid 100s.. that is if you don't accidentally venture too far and drop off from the edge of the world into space.

Maybe the junta could try some homeopathy and dilute their BS into one millionth of a fraction.. It could actually bring happiness to the people.

44 minutes ago, CGW said:

I'm not sure where the first part of the quote originated but I'm sure you find it "amusing" as you seem to find everything amusing that doesn't agree with your thoughts. 555

As to why are we living longer? are we? or does it depend what side of the social divide we are on? 555

For those that are living longer is it not a fact they are doing so in poorer health than previous years, 555,  I'm sure you are aware that the statistical tracking only started in 1960. 555

It originates from this: "off course sticking as many obnoxious chemicals in our bodies as possible can only increase our health - & the wealth of Big Pharma".

And yes, we are very much living longer and in better health in general.

30 minutes ago, Myran said:

And yes, we are very much living longer and in better health in general.

Ah laughing boys back with more gems:_ ???? 

Living longer sure, for those that can who have the means to get advanced medical care & more importantly have a lifestyle that gives them good health, not sure the predominant poor would agree 555 or in your wisdom do you think those stuffing junk down themselves and are totally inactive are also living longer lives, share your wisdom 555 as I take it you disagree with my statement "off course sticking as many obnoxious chemicals in our bodies as possible can only increase our health - & the wealth of Big Pharma". 555

What do you have to take to maintain peak fitness ?

• Haha 2

On 6/18/2019 at 6:03 PM, CGW said:

You argue your case very well with some sound reasoning, though the 200 million people that use it may need a little more persuasion.

It is part of the national health systems in quite a few countries including Switzerland, Brazil, Mexico, Chile, Pakistan, have they all been fooled?

All of those except Switzerland Id  take with a pinch of salt and then the facts emerge about the Swiss  study also https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-swiss-report-on-homeopathy/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Chazar said:

All of those except Switzerland Id  take with a pinch of salt and then the facts emerge about the Swiss  study also https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-swiss-report-on-homeopathy/

Yes, I agree with you to some extent, I'm not arguing for or against, India has at least 10 university's and lots of followers of Homoeopathy also, but lets be honest you don't see many healthy looking Indians! So that's hardly a positive as I see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

People live the same length of time they always did.

Plato was executed aged 80, 2,500 years ago. 

Life expectancy increased in the US because of better water treatment from the early 1900s to around the 1950s.

3 hours ago, CGW said:

Ah laughing boys back with more gems:_ ???? 

Living longer sure, for those that can who have the means to get advanced medical care & more importantly have a lifestyle that gives them good health, not sure the predominant poor would agree 555 or in your wisdom do you think those stuffing junk down themselves and are totally inactive are also living longer lives, share your wisdom 555 as I take it you disagree with my statement "off course sticking as many obnoxious chemicals in our bodies as possible can only increase our health - & the wealth of Big Pharma". 555

What do you have to take to maintain peak fitness ?

Nope, not just a select few, but the general population. Look up the UN's statistics about it if you care about facts...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Myran said:

The average lifespan in 1960, when the UN started to keep track, was 52 years. Today it's 72. And the difference just continues to grow if you include older statistical sources.

Your just quoting the first article on google that agrees with what you think is the truth, the truth lies deeper - http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20181002-how-long-did-ancient-people-live-life-span-versus-longevity

I don't trust statistics or certain versions of history today, all are paid for in some form, trusting statistics from long ago? Your going to be able to find something to back up what you say, especially if it is a common misconception.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CGW said:

Your just quoting the first article on google that agrees with what you think is the truth, the truth lies deeper - http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20181002-how-long-did-ancient-people-live-life-span-versus-longevity

I don't trust statistics or certain versions of history today, all are paid for in some form, trusting statistics from long ago? Your going to be able to find something to back up what you say, especially if it is a common misconception.

Not sure what you're getting at, because that article proves my point. While there were people who became fairly old hundreds of years ago average lifespan has increased dramatically thanks to modern medicine and public health.

And of course you don't trust statistics or facts, due to them disproving what you're trying to claim. This is just like trying to discuss with an anti-vaxxer – they cling to a single report that backs up what they say, while ignoring the thousands of reports that establish that they are wrong.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Myran said:

Absolutely wrong. We're not talking about the highest lifespans achieved by individuals, we're talking about the average lifespan of the population. The average lifespan in 1960, when the UN started to keep track, was 52 years. Today it's 72. And the difference just continues to grow if you include older statistical sources.

Average lifespan is still the same, if you exclude child death from the old stats, or include abortion in the modern stats.

It's interesting that in the modern world up to 40% of fetus are aborted, but that isn't included in lifespan statistics.

The main difference is you're more likely to be aborted in the womb today, than to die in childhood.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Average lifespan is still the same, if you exclude child death from the old stats, or include abortion in the modern stats.

It's interesting that in the modern world up to 40% of fetus are aborted, but that isn't included in lifespan statistics.

The main difference is you're more likely to be aborted in the womb today, than to die in childhood.

Again, absolutely wrong, and we're not discussing abortion, so stop trying to derail things. While less child deaths is a big factor in the much increased average lifespan, it's far from the only one. We have greatly reduced the risk of dying in our 20s, 30s, 40s, and so forth as well. https://www.popcouncil.org/uploads/pdfs/councilarticles/pdr/PDR281Bongaarts.pdf

This will be my last message in this discussion.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Myran said:

We have greatly reduced the risk of dying in our 20s, 30s, 40s, and so forth as

Complete BS. When you exclude child mortality and war .......

"Back in 1994 a study looked at every man entered into the Oxford Classical Dictionary who lived in ancient Greece or Rome. Their ages of death were compared to men listed in the more recent Chambers Biographical Dictionary.

Of 397 ancients in total, 99 died violently by murder, suicide or in battle. Of the remaining 298, those born before 100BC lived to a median age of 72 years. Those born after 100BC lived to a median age of 66. (The authors speculate that the prevalence of dangerous lead plumbing may have led to this apparent shortening of life).

The median of those who died between 1850 and 1949? Seventy-one years old – just one year less than their pre-100BC cohort."

"Taken altogether, life span in ancient Rome probably wasn’t much different from today. It may have been slightly less “because you don’t have this invasive medicine at end of life that prolongs life a little bit, but not dramatically different”," 

From

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20181002-how-long-did-ancient-people-live-life-span-versus-longevity

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1