Extensions - BE WARNED - TM30 Required. 3 Queues. Disaster.

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I like your thinking. Wouldn't it be lovely if there was a conduit between farang and Thai imm. I think there is some input groups but the frustrating thing is very difficult to voice an opinion here in los. I wonder what would be outcome of peaceful  quiet sit down protest at entry of CW re TM30 nonsense. Rhetorical question.

It would probably lead to an arrest, because you refuse to follow the law.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

I told them that I follow their law as it applies to me, and I had complied with everything that they had written.

Do you have a rental contract in your name? Then you are the possessor, so you are supposed to submit a TM30 when a foreigner stays at your place (even if it's yourself) according to the law. You didn't comply with it so you got fined.

8 hours ago, arithai12 said:

It doesn't matter how many years, if you need a TM 30 you need it. The only difference when people leave the country is that they need to update it when coming back "within 24 hours".

(formally when changing temporarily your residence within Thailand too, but this seems to be requested differently in different provinces, not in CM for example).

Just did my retirement extension approximately one month ago in Jomtien tm30 was not asked for or needed. I guess it just depends on what office you deal with in my case I was glad because I had never done one.

2 hours ago, khaepmu said:

I have never had to submit a TM 30. They have never asked me. I have been doing work visas both in Jomthien and Sri Ratcha. I dutifully do my 90 day report on time.

Good on ya mate!  You'll be told to pound sand when you come to Bangkok.

• Like 1

Just now, wreckingcountry said:

So do we need a completed TM30 to show when going through immigration entering The country at the Airport ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

No, going either way. 

3 hours ago, Maestro said:

Based on the definition of House Master in section 4 of the Immigration Act, for a rented residence

House Master = tenant

Possessor = tenant

Owner = owner

I have seen many posts where immigration was satisfied with a copy of the rental agreement when copies of the owner's ID and house registration were not available.

That's because they have a financial reason to allow you deviate from the law. I'll show you a picture of what it looks like as soon as I get it off my phone.

I have never had to submit a TM 30. They have never asked me. I have been doing work visas both in Jomthien and Sri Ratcha. I dutifully do my 90 day report on time.

Going for a visit to UK next month so while getting my re-entry stamp I made a point of asking about the TM30 requirement (In TM30 dedicated room at Jomtien) on my return.  I was clearly told that as an owner (my wife actually) on a retirement extension there is no need to submit a new TM30 when I get back.  I have no wish to get a fine but getting bored with unnecessary trips to Immigration so I'll put it to the test this time, not do the TM30 on return and see what happens at my next 90 day check in. 

2 minutes ago, gmac said:

Going for a visit to UK next month so while getting my re-entry stamp I made a point of asking about the TM30 requirement (In TM30 dedicated room at Jomtien) on my return.  I was clearly told that as an owner (my wife actually) on a retirement extension there is no need to submit a new TM30 when I get back.  I have no wish to get a fine but getting bored with unnecessary trips to Immigration so I'll put it to the test this time, not do the TM30 on return and see what happens at my next 90 day check in. 

Check your 90 day slip for this warning, I found not reporting on re entry lead to a fine

IMG_20190427_092606_resized_20190427_093016718.jpg

3 minutes ago, gmac said:

I have no wish to get a fine but getting bored with unnecessary trips to Immigration so I'll put it to the test this time, not do the TM30 on return and see what happens at my next 90 day check in. 

Shh, you might spoil a good thing for us using Jomtiem. (CW sounds like a nightmare). Don't stir the pot please!

• Like 1

I also do my extensions and 90 day reports at S Racha. Previously I had never completed a TM30 but, with needing to go to the UK for four weeks last year (and seeing a few reports of people being fined for not filing a TM30 here on TV). I went to ask them at Si Racha Immigration. They said yes, it would be enforced in the future for people returning to Thailand after trips abroad. I did mine when I returned and the 'TM30' office, outside at the back of the main office, was filled to overflowing with people of various nationalities being sent there and fined for non/late TM30 reports.

As others have said, this is a 40 year old law and, just because it hasn't been enforced until relatively recently, it's still a requirement that appears to now need to be completed. 

It's not difficult, it's a five minute job, so just do it or accept the fine without complaining. 

49 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Shh, you might spoil a good thing for us using Jomtiem. (CW sounds like a nightmare). Don't stir the pot please!

If It's working at CW your 'good thing' won't last long. You can bet Jomtien won't be far behind.

There’s an online TM 30 option available.
It seems quite complicated at the moment and many are complaining that it takes up to a month to get accepted but there are also some who have been accepted quickly.
Seems like the key is to do one in person, then the online application becomes easier.

My IO ( Ayutthaya ) currently does not require repeat TM 30’s after doing one initially but I fully expect it to happen, the online version now accepts residential applications ( as opposed to Hotels only ) for a reason .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sumrit said:

If It's working at CW your 'good thing' won't last long. You can bet Jomtien won't be far behind.

Another killjoy. Perhaps one may say CW could revert and copy Jomtiem, although since there is a potential to make money, unlikely! The TM30 queue is often way out the door of the small separate office in Jomtiem as it is. 

11 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

but you could tell that the whole thing was set up to collect 800 Baht bounty. Today they collected at least half a million baht in fines.

Ok, that will mean there was over 624 foreigners (non citizens), that were fined 800 bath for breaking the Immigration Law. In one day? Both you and me as well as the majority of all other reading this forum, knows that is not true. Exactly same over exaggerated information as trying to say it exists a problem, or that there must be a warning.

The only 3 problems that exists is:

Too many foreigners refuse to go by the rules
Too many foreigners complain over everything possible to conplain about.
Apearently foreigners are not warned enough to comply with the law. Maybe they should raise the fines.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

I am taking it out of my rent and the condo owner knows it.  How could it possibly be my responsibility?  I don't have her ownership info.  I cannot do this because I lack information.  I can only do this at immigration where they allow me to sign for the owner because they have me held captive and will withhold my extension.  I'm sure Thais could care less about doing this, and often become scofflaws.  They just figured out how to get their money.  The fact, that I had no documentation to make this report was overlooked.

800b.  Thank you.

Thailand has made it your responsibility. They can make anything they would like your responsibility. If you do not like it, you know what you can do. Just because you do not like it does not make it someone else's responsibility. Stop crying and get it done, pay the fine, or get out. 

Edited by meand
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

There’s an online TM 30 option available.
It seems quite complicated at the moment and many are complaining that it takes up to a month to get accepted but there are also some who have been accepted quickly.
Seems like the key is to do one in person, then the online application becomes easier.

My IO ( Ayutthaya ) currently does not require repeat TM 30’s after doing one initially but I fully expect it to happen, the online version now accepts residential applications ( as opposed to Hotels only ) for a reason .

Actually, upon returning from an overseas trip our IO does require one now. I don't know about domestic but I will enquire before heading away for a week.

• Like 1

Actually, upon returning from an overseas trip our IO does require one now. I don't know about domestic but I will enquire before heading away for a week.

Ah, okay , I didn’t realise that, probably nearly a year ago now when I enquired and I’ve been out the country twice or three times since.

I’ve no reason to go to IO for a couple of months, so, interesting to see what they say about domestic.

Will probably look at registering for online just in case [emoji51]

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

There are 3 other problems.

Too many immigration officers do not know the rules.

Too many immigration officers complain about foreigners, you have to remember to even 'wai' them sufficiently respectfully, or be chucked out in 7 days.

Rules are enforced and ignored with such randomness no foreigner can even know what is required. (To ask someone to get to an office they have no idea of the location of, and queue for many hours, to perform a function they should not be responsible for, after traveling half way around the world, within 24 hours, is beyond reason.)

I could add more.

Ok, noted. Actually I knew there was much more on the list of complaint. Just want to take my hat of, for all of you out there that choose to stay and get extensions in a country you fell don´t want or respect you. You´ve have chosen the hard way to deal with all the complaints during your retirement or married life. I am just baffled over how you really want to put yourself through all this pain and suffering.