Extensions - BE WARNED - TM30 Required. 3 Queues. Disaster.

2 hours ago, seancbk said:

What do you do if you can't contact your landlord?   

I've not seen or heard from mine in 7 years.

Same here, never even met mine in person. I understand the technical answer is you file the TM30 yourself acting as (legal) possessor, and then cough up the fine. Whether anyone would choose to comply with such a draconian system voluntarily prior to being officially notified about it is another matter. I guess most people won't bother (or know anything about it) until they hit a wall of red tape trying to get another service from immigration. 

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:03 AM, marcusarelus said:

Do they want a TM 30 from a person who has not been out of Thailand for 10 years?

Yes. You should have one from the last time you stayed in an hotel elsewhere and then went back to your normal abode.

If you never stayed elsewhere, you will have the first one. At least your landlord should have one for you to copy.

If not, need to get one. Imm officer does not care how long one has been in LOS. Rules are rules.

11 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Same here, never even met mine in person. I understand the technical answer is you file the TM30 yourself acting as (legal) possessor, and then cough up the fine. Whether anyone would choose to comply with such a draconian system voluntarily prior to being officially notified about it is another matter. I guess most people won't bother (or know anything about it) until they hit a wall of red tape trying to get another service from immigration. 

New rule is you don't get anything without the TM 30.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

New rule is you don't get anything without the TM 30.

I'm aware. But to proactively comply with this in the absence of officially being told about it is a bit like turning yourself in for speeding when you hadn't been caught.

we got fined THB2,000 for a family friend staying with us. This happened when we took her for a visa extention to regional immigration.  Our fault - just didn't realise that family and friends (75 yrar old woman) staying with you in your house had to be reported (they did give the address to immigration at the time of arrival lin BKK and stayed a night in a BKK hotel first).  Anyway 2 days ago we got the online registration connected. So we can now register our kids when they visit us in our home in a week.  It took about 6 weeks to get the online TM30 registration facility to go live.

On June 20, 2019 at 10:16 AM, jacko45k said:

Jomtiem have yet to get onto the TM30 gravy train,

I wonder if they will. Several years ago the office was a mess - crowded, slow and a right drudge to go to. The staff were harried and pressured, and I can imagine it was a very unpleasant place to work. Then something changed a few years ago, and foreigners began to sing its praises. My two visits there since my return (2 months ago to file my TM30, and this week to get a visa extension (no mention of TM30) were fast and amiable. I don't think the staff would like to go back to the old days.

On 6/20/2019 at 7:57 AM, Orton Rd said:

Check your 90 day slip for this warning, I found not reporting on re entry lead to a fine

IMG_20190427_092606_resized_20190427_093016718.jpg

Yes, the game goes on, the rules say one thing and your local immigration office tells you another.  Sets you up perfectly to get fined!

• Like 1