Extensions - BE WARNED - TM30 Required. 3 Queues. Disaster.

1 hour ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

I may have gotten the last income letter from the US Embassy as I got it on December 31 and I was one of the few people at the end of the line. It was accepted without any comment.

When was your current/prior extension going to expire?

In other words, your visit today with the income affidavit was how far in advance of your extension's regular expiration date?

14 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Do they want a TM 30 from a person who has not been out of Thailand for 10 years?

It doesn't matter how many years, if you need a TM 30 you need it. The only difference when people leave the country is that they need to update it when coming back "within 24 hours".

(formally when changing temporarily your residence within Thailand too, but this seems to be requested differently in different provinces, not in CM for example).

From the opening post of this topic:

...They also told me to sign the line where the landlord would sign...

4675636b596f75, is this the place on the TM.30 form where immigration made you sign?

TM.30 Notification - signature.png

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

When was your current/prior extension going to expire?

In other words, your visit today with the income affidavit was how far in advance of your extension's regular expiration date?

July 15  I got the letter on the 31st, so I could have used it on the 30th of June.  

Edited by 4675636b596f75
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I like your thinking. Wouldn't it be lovely if there was a conduit between farang and Thai imm. I think there is some input groups but the frustrating thing is very difficult to voice an opinion here in los. I wonder what would be outcome of peaceful  quiet sit down protest at entry of CW re TM30 nonsense. Rhetorical question.

Lots o luck getting the Farangs to come together and protest. A sit down protest at immigration? I don't think they'd notice the difference! I would like to see a way we could band together and petition immigration to get rid of the TM30 and 90 day report.

• Like 1

I got confused. Take it out of your rent? It is your responsibility. Just because you do not like it does not mean it is not your responsibility. Maybe I understood something wrong. If you need something to stay legal in Thailand I would go get it or pay the fine. Taking it out of rent because you did not acquire it sounds illogical. 

Edited by meand
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Happy I moved from BKK 2 years ago before this insanity started... Nakhon Sawan IO is a breeze, small office, nice and smiling girls, but the final sign-off from the arrogant lady head honcho is a pain, no smiles, just an attitude like: Get the f... outahere..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

How could it possibly be my responsibility

Based on the definition of House Master in section 4 of the Immigration Act, for a rented residence

House Master = tenant

Possessor = tenant

Owner = owner

I have seen many posts where immigration was satisfied with a copy of the rental agreement when copies of the owner's ID and house registration were not available.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Thailand keeps dropping the ball dealing with foreigners, it seems that the general consensus is 'Let's make their lives as hard and complicated as possible, maybe they'll just give up and go back home'....

Yes, but in the mean time, they are going to hit people with as many fines as they can...ca-ching!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

it was set up so that everybody who didn't have a TM 30 could fill one out on themselves and very conveniently pay 800 baht for the penalty.   some people walking around with a lease, others were walking around with the ID cards of their landlords but you could tell that the whole thing was set up to collect 800 Baht bounty. Today they collected at least half a million baht in fines.

All this complaining about TM 30. It´s now wide spread knowledge that everybody have to do this, and when you need to do it again. There is also a fine connected to this, that you have to pay if you have not done your TM 30. Nothing strange with the. The place you go to have set it up, for proplr that do not do TM 30 to start follow the law.

Just get your papers in order instead, and you will not have to pay the fine. Very simple.

7 hours ago, Maestro said:

From the opening post of this topic:

4675636b596f75, is this the place on the TM.30 form where immigration made you sign?

TM.30 Notification - signature.png

If so, that is perfectly right. As far as I know, there is no other place to sign a TM 30 if you are not an Immigration Officer.