Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

22 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think the key question here, seemingly totally unaddressed in the OP article, is is this move by the London Embassy some kind of singular move, OR is this the first sign of the MFA and all its embassies/consulates discontinuing the Multi-Entry O???

It has nothing to do with London doing anything. It is out there hands and being taken out of the hands of all Embassy's and consulates at some stage not far in the future. The system is Global and Bangkok based. It is an even playing field no matter where you apply.
This from the Q&A of the French Thai embassy in Paris as to what is happening.

1. Do all Thai Embassies and consular offices around the world  already use E-visa?

Not yet. In order to try and evaluate the various aspects, the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs has, for now, chosen some pilot offices to test the E-visa.

Being the first Embassy chosen, the Royal Thai Embassy in Beijing started the E-visa system on February 15, 2019. The other Consulates in China will follow in late April 2019 or early May 2019.

The third group of Embassies to use the E-visa will be the Thai Embassy in Paris and London on June 17, 2019.

Indeed, if all goes well, the ultimate goal is that all Embassies and Consulates can use the E-visa.

http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa-rdv/e-visa/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VBF said:

@Chivas I'm in the same position as you more or less

1st problem:

If your bank accounts are online, (mine are too) then logging into a PC and screenshotting the statement (Windows > Print to PDF is how I do it anyway) gets around that problem, or even, if allowed, downloading the statement as a PDF.

BUT I really am not inclined to leave my account number and sort code visible!  So can I obfuscate them and meet the requirements?

2nd problem:

As you asked, do you actually have to pay for the accommodation, or just book it and get a confirmation email from the hotel or wherever?

And a 3rd problem - I've never bought my air ticket until i've got my visa before - looks like that's changed too. So if the visa is denied, you've wasted the fare money, or at least part of it (cancellation fee)

Not forgetting you will need to supply original documents when you turn in your passport to actually get the visa. To be honest, altering the uploaded documents by blanking out information, I would suggest you will simply lose your application fee and be declined. Remember that there is no refund for failed applications.

1. After making the payment online, is there a guarantee for obtaining a visa?

No, payment is a fee for processing the records. If your file is not complete or faulty, the Embassy reserves the right to refuse your request, and the processing fees of your file will not be refunded.

The terms and conditions are indicated on "Declaration" that you need to sign before depositing your passport.

This, however, has no difference from the current system. Even if you have paid a visa fee and deposited your passport at the counter at the Embassy, your application may still be rejected.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

Why all the complaining ?....if the rules in one place get really irritating or unfair no matter out of who's fault.... .. just leave and give your money to another country that is more welcoming. Case closed.

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Not forgetting you will need to supply original documents when you turn in your passport to actually get the visa. To be honest, altering the uploaded documents by blanking out information, I would suggest you will simply lose your application fee and be declined. Remember that there is no refund for failed applications.

1. After making the payment online, is there a guarantee for obtaining a visa?

No, payment is a fee for processing the records. If your file is not complete or faulty, the Embassy reserves the right to refuse your request, and the processing fees of your file will not be refunded.

The terms and conditions are indicated on "Declaration" that you need to sign before depositing your passport.

This, however, has no difference from the current system. Even if you have paid a visa fee and deposited your passport at the counter at the Embassy, your application may still be rejected.

Yes - that's my concern too!

However, the documents that I would send would be the same as the ones I uploaded - with the account number and sort code obfuscated so they would at least match.

But I take your point. It's just that supplying sensitive bank details goes so against the grain!!

Maybe a letter from the bank would be better?

Edited by VBF

7 minutes ago, elliss said:

Suggest you contact the London Embassy , in person...

The question posed by another member was.... does the London Embassy change affect Americans?

I'm not sure most Americans are or would be getting their Non-O visas from the Thai Embassy in London.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, natway09 said:

Please name me a country that issues a multiple entry 1 year visa without much qualification.

I am from the UK and my Thai wife got a ME tourist visa for Canada for the duration of her passport, about three and a half years.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Did the China and Paris Embassies/Consulates discontinue offering Multi-Entry O's when they transitioned to the E-Visa system?  I don't recall reading anything about that here....

The Non O Me option is just not available under the online(E visa) system. I did a dummy application on the Chinese version several weeks ago and pointed out that the ME was not available, but it was ridiculed by some on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The question posed by another member was.... does the London Embassy change affect Americans?

I'm not sure most Americans are or would be getting their Non-O visas from the Thai Embassy in London.

The title of this thread made it as if it was a London or UK change only, but it's not.

My country, France, changed the same way, 

with mandatory usage of the new Thai eVisa Online System https://www.thaievisa.go.th/

I don't know which countries already move to this ??

I bet that progressively people of all countries will have to use this website, and so that mean at term exactly the same rules for Visa whatever country you are in.

Edit: From the News on the French Thai-Embassy website, China started using this system in February; UK & France in June; others to follow...

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, rumbo1 said:

Would this also mean anyone arriving visa exempt or tv and planning a 1900 baht 30 day extension now have the added expense of having to pay for a change of return flight details ?

I always book an exit ticket with frequent flyer miles when I run into this and cancel it after I pass immigration. The miles just go back to my account and it costs nothing.

Edited by moto77
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jimdandy said:

So it sounds like this is only for UK. Not USA, Canada or Australia?

The Thais have said that the online system will be used by all embassies and consulates within 3 years.  Very unlikely they will meet the timeframe but sooner or later everyone will be in the same boat, bit unfortunate the UK was 2nd on the list, could have quite easily been the USA as the 2nd guinea pig. Wouldn't surprise me if Theresa May's "hostile environment" had something to do with it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

The title of this thread made it as if it was a London or UK change only, but it's not.

My country, France, changed the same way, 

with mandatory usage of the new Thai eVisa Online System https://www.thaievisa.go.th/

I don't know which countries already move to this ??

I bet that progressively people of all countries will have to use this website, and so that mean at term exactly the same rules for Visa whatever country you are in.

Thanks for that info re France. LoveThailandElite had mentioned above that China and France had recently gone to the E-Visa system, but he made no mention of the Multi-Entry O Visas also having been suspended there. But you're now saying France has also ceased issuing multi entry Os????

Still, the unanswered question here is... why does moving to an E-Visa system somehow have to impact the Embassies' ability to issue Multi-Entry Os, but apparently can still do everything else?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

28 minutes ago, Jimdandy said:

So it sounds like this is only for UK. Not USA, Canada or Australia?

I posted about that just above.

As for today, 3 countries use this system : China, UK & France