Non O (Multi Entry) no longer issued at Royal Thai Embassy in London - new financial requirements for Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV)

8 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

All these rules ... you would think it was a nice place ... 

it is, it's got some lovely golden temples, Robinson lifestyle, monkeys in Lopburi and stuff.

Shame both our 'hostile environment' and Thai bureaucracy overdrive makes it an

increasingly miserable experience VISA wise, for us farangs already crazy enough to marry and start families with thai women ????

Edited by mvsaraburi
can't spell english, reading too many visa docs in thai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No changes other than doing the online application. 

Having just been on the site and as my Thai wife and I only come for the winter the only changes seem to be single entry and on-line application. The financials and documentation seem to be the same The only thing I am unclear about is that would I have to do 90 day reporting or is it that I can stay for say 120 days then leave at which point the visa is then considered used and thus no longer valid.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No

They can still get a single entry non-o visa and apply an extension of stay based upon their spouses extension or OA visa entry.

I have a Non O Immigrant Multi Entry based on me being in receipt of my UK Pension from London which allows me 90 Days in Thailand.

Does it now mean I can only have a Single Entry then have too apply again when I go back too the UK every 90 Days at £150 ?

My current Non O Multi Entry expires on April the 4th 2020, if I leave in Match 2020 will I still get another 3 months from the date I re-enter Thailand ?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MrBanks said:

Another poster has pointed out that this visa is not available at any Embassy which is using the on-line process, which surely one day they all will be, which, if a true statement means that eventually this visa will disappear and no longer be available in Ho Chi Mihn or other such places.

If IRC the Thai Embassy in Singapore's online options include a multi Non-O based on marriage, there was a report early in the year or late last year. 

Just looking at the website the multi-entry option is still on offer.

https://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-/-consular/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa-o-thai-spouse

I just got my one year renewal today on retirement visa. I showed monthly income coming into BKK bank rather than lump sum. Had to jump thru many hoops and after 3 trips to the bank and immigration, got it. Circus!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Fun and games coming. I would need to provide bank statements but currently online only and you cant screenshot from a banking app in my case the Halifax for a SETV

Going to have to return to paper statements.

2nd problem that whilst I stay 6-7 weeks it goes without saying no one pays all of that upfront for obvious reasons and in my case I normally a book a week online and go from there subsequently

So is the requirement that you have all 7 weeks paid for up front lol....bye Thailand I've had enough of this shit

Farcical

@Chivas I'm in the same position as you more or less

1st problem:

If your bank accounts are online, (mine are too) then logging into a PC and screenshotting the statement (Windows > Print to PDF is how I do it anyway) gets around that problem, or even, if allowed, downloading the statement as a PDF.

BUT I really am not inclined to leave my account number and sort code visible!  So can I obfuscate them and meet the requirements?

2nd problem:

As you asked, do you actually have to pay for the accommodation, or just book it and get a confirmation email from the hotel or wherever?

And a 3rd problem - I've never bought my air ticket until i've got my visa before - looks like that's changed too. So if the visa is denied, you've wasted the fare money, or at least part of it (cancellation fee)

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, howbri said:

I just got my one year renewal today on retirement visa. I showed monthly income coming into BKK bank rather than lump sum. Had to jump thru many hoops and after 3 trips to the bank and immigration, got it. Circus!

and people wonder why cheangwhattana is busy nowadays

6 hours ago, webfact said:

For pensioner (aged 50 or over) : A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000

This has been the financial requirement when applying in Munich Thai consulate for a while.

They now have a few add. requirements.

39 minutes ago, Stocky said:

If IRC the Thai Embassy in Singapore's online options include a multi Non-O based on marriage, there was a report early in the year or late last year. 

Just looking at the website the multi-entry option is still on offer.

https://www.thaiembassy.sg/visa-matters-/-consular/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa-o-thai-spouse

The issue is that you must hold a Singapore Residency or a Work Permit to actually get a one year visa ME visa plus on top 400,000 Baht.

I hold a Singapore PR but prefer to get my paperwork done in Berlin which at this moment is still ok.

I do have plans in hand now that after 32 years in Thailand it's time to move on. Singapore is my first option due to the high standard of schooling compared to schools in Thailand.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, VBF said:

@Chivas I'm in the same position as you more or less and your post begs the following:

1st problem:

If your bank accounts are online, (mine is too) then logging into a PC and screenshotting it (Windows > Print to PDF is how I do it anyway) gets around that problem ..BUT I really am not inclined to leave my account number and sort code visible!  So can I obfuscate them and meet the requirements?

2nd problem: As you asked, do you actually have to pay for the accommodation, or just book it and get an email from the hotel or wherever?

And a 3rd problem - I've never bought my air ticket until i've got my visa before - looks like that's changed too. So if the visa is denied, you've wasted the fare money, or at least part of it (cancellation fee)

Yes all good points. Am not completely savvy re computing but I guess the screenshot can be overcome your way and than print it somewhere and after obscure the sort code etc etc and upload.

Just a farce. 168 times I've landed at Bangkok 167 by the book and just once overstayed albeit with genuine reason. Surely some sort of commom sense could occur here. No stupid question lol

Accomodation God alone knows

Ticketing yes again completely agree

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Letseng said:

This has been the financial requirement when applying in Munich Thai consulate for a while.

They now have a few add. requirements.

Before it was Multi Entry which you could ‘squeeze’ 15 months from, now it’s Single Entry 90 Days only.

Easy really, get SE NON O from London (90 days), leave day before visa expires (you'd be leaving the same time anyway if you were on a ME NON O), go to the nearest Embassy outside of Thailand that's currently still issuing ME NON O, get the ME NON O, and utilize it for 15 months, thus effectively getting 18 months overall, admittedly you have paid for 2 visas, but you actually get a longer period of stay by 90 days

Joe.

Edited by PST

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No

They can still get a single entry non-o visa and apply an extension of stay based upon their spouses extension or OA visa entry.

Not, if like me they are in and out of the country too frequently to allow time for a marriage extension.. If they had an efficient in country system, which allowed people here for 30 - 60 days to successfully obtain the extension, then sure, but all up it can take 4 - 5 months with the 90 days, wait for the last part of it, go under review for 30 days, and sometimes even a second under review period. 

This really does make it awkward, even for a man with plenty of assets, a wife, a home, money to invest etc.. 

4 more years until I can get the O-X 10 year option, until then will have to keep bouncing about. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

Does anyone know if the multiple entry Non O is still available at the official consulates in the UK? I know the honorary consulates are not allowed to issue them, but unsure about Glasgow and Dublin. If so, application in person there might be a possible workaround for some.

Dublin knocked the ME on the head Feb 2018....no notice given except day it came into effect..... they had already made life difficult prior to that with applications going through london.... i had to cancel an application after a week as i needed my passport to go back to work.....previous visa would be processed in 5 working days included post????.

Edited by William Osborne
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Not, if like me they are in and out of the country too frequently to allow time for a marriage extension.. If they had an efficient in country system, which allowed people here for 30 - 60 days to successfully obtain the extension, then sure, but all up it can take 4 - 5 months with the 90 days, wait for the last part of it, go under review for 30 days, and sometimes even a second under review period. 

That is not the type of extension I was replying about. It was one for a family member of a person on an extension of stay the poster incorrectly called a spouse visa.

You are writing about an extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.

I am retired and have been travelling to Chiang Mai twice a year for 10-12 weeks at a time, basically spending the winter months on holiday there and coming home to the UK for Christmas with my family. I spend the summer in my UK home. The 12 month Non-O multiple entry visa has been the perfect document. What do I do now? The single entry is only 60 days, and I don't have a permanent address in Thailand for a bank account and retirement visa. Any suggestions?

3 minutes ago, fresher said:

I am retired and have been travelling to Chiang Mai twice a year for 10-12 weeks at a time, basically spending the winter months on holiday there and coming home to the UK for Christmas with my family. I spend the summer in my UK home. The 12 month Non-O multiple entry visa has been the perfect document. What do I do now? The single entry is only 60 days, and I don't have a permanent address in Thailand for a bank account and retirement visa. Any suggestions?

It’s 90 Days Single Entry.

42 minutes ago, PST said:

Easy really, get SE NON O from London (90 days), leave day before visa expires (you'd be leaving the same time anyway if you were on a ME NON O), go to the nearest Embassy outside of Thailand that's currently still issuing ME NON O, get the ME NON O, and utilize it for 15 months, thus effectively getting 18 months overall, admittedly you have paid for 2 visas, but you actually get a longer period of stay by 90 days

Joe.

Yes but would they issue me one on me being in receipt of my U.K. Pension ?

For the non-immigrant "O" the requirement is stated as:

• For pensioner (aged 50 or over) : A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000 

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#6

The bit that I've marked in red - does that mean that one can show £10K in the bank for 3 months but still NOT be in receipt of a State Pension?

IE - I'm 64 years old, retired but don't get my State Pension for another 2 years, but I could show > £10K in an online, instant-access savings account for 3 months.

Edited by VBF

52 minutes ago, MobileContent said:

The issue is that you must hold a Singapore Residency or a Work Permit to actually get a one year visa ME visa plus on top 400,000 Baht.

The report I saw was from a non Singapore resident, the website indicates residency is a requirement for some countries (mainly African/Arab) most western countries are not on that list. I've tried searching for the thread but I can't find it.

Importantly this is an online setup that has retained a multi entry option.

The financials are not an issue, getting a multi-non O is.

Edited by Stocky

2 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

Have you ever tried to get a Schengen area visa? ???? I'm going through the process right now for my Thai girlfriend so that we can take a trip to Europe. I wish it were as easy as the Thai requirements, which are not the least bit unreasonable. Last I read, the Americans now want access to your social media accounts for the past 5 years to get a tourist visa. You're complaining about Thailand?

Thailand is 3rd world,Schengen is 1st world.You are comparing apples with......

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

It’s 90 Days Single Entry.

Oh yes, thank you. It is the Single Entry Tourist Visas (SETV) that is 60 days. So I can get Non-O single entry visas for each 12 week trip. Just have to apply twice a year instead of once. Not so bad?