Paraplegic and confined to a wheelchair but Thaivisa's top poster is "still standing" in Thailand

rooster59

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Been an admirer of Col’s for a while now, his “in yer face honesty “ is refreshing and he well deserves his POTY and “ Grumpy bugger of the decade “ awards.

Colins story is a sad yet feel good story, his strength to continue against the odds is praiseworthy and makes our daily aches and pains seem very trivial.
Not forgetting his “ rock “, a lady who stands by him through thick and thin !!, this lady deserves the very best ..

Great to get the full story from the horses mouth !!

In fact makes me want to say that Colin is a great warrior and a great inspiration to us all, i give him 95%............... if only he was born in Yorkshire !! emoji51.png

Well he is half, he has the pudding.......5170.gif.88477a9f88e134282954f0be3878e210.gif

20 minutes ago, Crossy said:

No, but they are powered by it :whistling:

Disagree, it clogs them up. Then they take all kinds of weird brews to get moving again.

Out of curiosity, I tried one - ONCE. If the medical profession wants something that acts as an enema and emetic simultaneously, my GF has the secret.

Sorry, off topic.

Just now, edgarfriendly said:

northern lads, we're built from stronger stuff & put together better!!

being a cumbrian ur all southern shandy drinking barstewards to me tho!

Well I was always told that Cumbrians were also part of the Leak District, in other words couldn't hold your drinks ????????????

12 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

In fact makes me want to say that Colin is a great warrior and a great inspiration to us all, i give him 95%............... if only he was born in Yorkshire !! emoji51.png

You both suffer from the misfortune of not being born in Australia.

3 minutes ago, edgarfriendly said:

northern lads, we're built from stronger stuff & put together better!!

being a cumbrian ur all southern shandy drinking barstewards to me tho!

You live here?

If you do you probably left your wellies back in Cumbria, no sheep here.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Wow! What an amazing story Colin. God bless you brother.

We all have things in life we are dealing with, but you are really working through some serious karma and with a smile. Way to go. And blessings to your wonderful wife.....you have a diamond there.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well folks i have had a quite interesting, in fact crazy life since 1996.

When Rooster contacted me about visiting and doing an article, i thought what the hell, go for it.

There are a few members here who think i am a fake paraplegic, so i agreed to the interview just to prove them wrong.

As can be seen i held nothing back, it is a very accurate description of my life in Thailand.

Many more happy years for you sir.

That is quite some life story, was aware of some of it due to having read many of his posts.If not mistaken there was either an interview or article here on TVF some time back. I also remember the posts about the nearest neighbour being killed and Col having to overcome yet another hurdle of making himself secure.

There was plenty of good suggestions of ideas/help at the time.

Reading this latest full interview with more detail, I must admit I was nearly welling up at it ( tear to the eye, incase my term not understood.)

Then again I am a southern softie so not surprising.

Colin you are a very brave man.

Well Done.

All the Best to you and your wife.

Good on ya mate.

One comment about thinking the family "are after my money" suggests you are in Isaan

somewhere. Up our way in the North West they make a point of never asking nor wanting any money.

Enjoy your life to the best of your ability

What I respect so much about Colin isn’t so much that I always agree with him (I am wrong every once in a while)…but that he operates in a BS free zone. What you read in one of his posts is exactly what you’d hear if you were sitting across the table from him. He’s an honest and straight up guy…and we all know there sure as hell aren’t nearly enough honest and straight up people around these days. You’re doing a lot of things right my friend…..keep it up.

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Truly wish him well, but the poor guy is seriously ****ed if they ever bring in health insurance for visas, 800k in the bank or not

Hope it is OK to say this, but if anyone with the right connections reads this, it would be a great gesture to grant Colin permanent residency.

5 hours ago, SammyT said:

This is incredible. You managed to read an article about a guy who has seen the worst of thai society but bears no real grudges to the rest of them, and turn it into a soapbox to spout your own crap about how much you hate Thais. That's a special skill.  

There are good and bad people in every country. Bar none. 

Sonhia hate Thailand, but he stay. (I think)

Think he lose the money to Surin girl. Maybe the hybrid. (Near Buriram, same Colin bad wife)

But Colin get smart and find the wonderful wife. She clean him everyday. I not sure I can do that. Colin also get the free house and free hospital from thai people.

Colin say he like Thai people. 

Some good, some bad. Not tarred with the same brush.

Good luck Colin. Have two wonderful wife, is lucky, only one the bad one. Not to bad.

Good luck Sonhia. Maybe you can be happy like Colin sometime.

11 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Sonhia hate Thailand, but he stay. (I think)

Think he lose the money to Surin girl. Maybe the hybrid. (Near Buriram, same Colin bad wife)

But Colin get smart and find the wonderful wife. She clean him everyday. I not sure I can do that. Colin also get the free house and free hospital from thai people.

Colin say he like Thai people. 

Some good, some bad. Not tarred with the same brush.

Good luck Colin. Have two wonderful wife, is lucky, only one the bad one. Not to bad.

Good luck Sonhia. Maybe you can be happy like Colin sometime.

You are 100% correct, some good Thai people some bad, same farang some good some bad.

I didnt exactly get a free house, when i came back the house was 70% complete, up to that point my wife paid, after that point i paid, so i in effect paid about 30.%

Archived