Paraplegic and confined to a wheelchair but Thaivisa's top poster is "still standing" in Thailand

rooster59

17 minutes ago, colinneil said:

To answer you let me explain something.

The reason i will Kudos! For all the right reasons.not go back to the UK....... My wife, she is 21 years younger than me, got a good job, pension.

Why would i want to spoil that?

My wife has said if i wanted to go back ok with her, but that would be very selfish of me.

Now i am 71, not got much longer to go, when i go she would be lost in the UK, would come back here, no job, no pension, a very poor/sad future for her.

For that reason i will never even consider going back.

ALSO YOU SPEAK ABOUT BENEFITS, never claimed 1 penny benefits in my life i aint gonna start now.

Kudos  Sir !  For all the right reasons.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Probably not the first or last to have a bad marriage in Thailand.

Probably not the first or last to have a disabling motor vehicle accident.

BUT......Eight girls back to your room!!!!!!

RESPECT MY MAN !!!!!!!!

Col should be upgraded from Poster of the year to LEGEND status

Agreed. My personal best was a mere three.

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

On another occasion he sauntered home arm in arm with EIGHT ladies

Sounds like Octopussy that night .. And 8 .! 3 maybe 4 is self indulgent but 8 is just greedy Col' .. Were they tag teaming .. 

1 minute ago, geoffbezoz said:

There is a saying that "what goes round comes round" . All I can say is with that verbal diatribe garbage of yours I hope it comes round sooner than usual.  Myself and many other posters can thus make crass, smart ar%%ed comments like you have just done - to yourself. The shoe will be on the other foot then no doubt. An appalling, less than tasteful post of yours for which you should apologies unreservedly.

Maybe better if he only posted when sober, because nobody sober would post such nonsense.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

The original is in this thread https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/913668-wow-there-is-life-outside-my-gate/

And for those who don't want to follow the link :-

post-51965-0-67161000-1461907466.jpg

Look a bit smarter with a shirt and cap on Colin!!!

It appears your life on occasion had too many 'fillers' but missing a few 'thruffs'

Dry stone wallers are a tough breed - good to see you have not let the side down ????

Compliments to your wife a truly special lady

We will meet one day

I struggle to see the mentality of those on here trolling and judging a guy who has made the best of a bad situation and forged a life for himself over here. This is probably one of my favourite stories I've read in around five years of following TVF. 

As someone who is occasionally accused of trolling, I'm ashamed to share the good troll name with some of the <deleted> who have made such vindictive, personal comments on this thread. While I feel it's probably just water off a ducks for Colin, it's so completely unnecessary. Surely there is a thread about immigration or advice on dating bar-girls that they could be letting out their negative feelings in. 

1 hour ago, Thainess said:

With his severe medical condition, he could enjoy a much higher quality of life, care and benefits if he moved back to the UK, and no doubt a much longer and healthier life, yet he prefers to stay in a country where, according to own his detailed account, he has been treated despicably like a second-class citizen. I can never understand that mentality.

Because you cannot understand him;

he prefers live here for his wife ;

it's her country where she has all her friends  and she is still working as a director of a school in her village.

What she will do in England and cannot eat her som tam every day ? :cheesy:

I'm in the same situation, except the wheelchair, I prefer to live here because I love my wife and our children who are all living and working in Thailand.

Been an admirer of Col’s for a while now, his “in yer face honesty “ is refreshing and he well deserves his POTY and “ Grumpy bugger of the decade “ awards.

Colins story is a sad yet feel good story, his strength to continue against the odds is praiseworthy and makes our daily aches and pains seem very trivial.
Not forgetting his “ rock “, a lady who stands by him through thick and thin !!, this lady deserves the very best ..

Great to get the full story from the horses mouth !!

In fact makes me want to say that Colin is a great warrior and a great inspiration to us all, i give him 95%............... if only he was born in Yorkshire !! [emoji51]

Looks like a very exiting life. Not everything positive of course, but you seem to get through all of it in some remarkable kind of way. More people should be like you Colin. Wish you all the best with your future life in Thailand together with your wife.

Archived