Paraplegic and confined to a wheelchair but Thaivisa's top poster is "still standing" in Thailand

rooster59

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well folks i have had a quite interesting, in fact crazy life since 1996.

When Rooster contacted me about visiting and doing an article, i thought what the hell, go for it.

There are a few members here who think i am a fake paraplegic, so i agreed to the interview just to prove them wrong.

As can be seen i held nothing back, it is a very accurate description of my life in Thailand.

forget the trolls mate..you have nothing to prove to anyone in this life..good to see you're making the most of it..we all have our battles.

Troll comments and subsequent responses have been removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

ANY further instances of such comments will be dealt with harshly !

Jeez Colin

you have had a nightmare Mate. I was born in Birkenhead 1941 went to Preston quite a few times. 

Good joke for you.

2 owl ladies bit deaf go into the local RSA in Birkenhead. They go to the desk and Mary says to the guy, ow much. A pound, ow much, A POUND, in a Lowder voice. They pay it and walked to the hall entrance door and Her mate, Dorris says, OOOO's on tonight, Mary said don't know, Dorris says go an ask im. So she goes back and says OOOO's on. The guy says "Country an Weston" 

Mary says again in a Lowder voice OOOOO's on. The guy shoughts .

"CUNTRY AN WESTON"  Mary says again. "OOOOO's on. The guy's a bit pissed off and shoughts, ""CUNTRY AN <deleted>WESTON" 

mary say, ok ok no need to swear.

Goes back to Dorris who ask's her who is on and and Mary say's

" Nothin much, just some <deleted> from Preston.

i had bit of a story like yours Colin. We moved to New Zealand in 1987. My Liverpool wife of 56 yrs died of cancer there. I looked after her for 1 yr bed ridden before she died. My best friend in NZ was from Birmingham and his wife died 1 week before mine with cancer. We were both very depressed and after 5-6 monthscwecwere still depressed and becidedvto go on a holiday and picked Thailand and ended up in Pattaya. We both met a lady and they ended up as a nite are. I managed to get away at a low cost but he was stuffed in a way. I happened to frequent thus bar in  north pattaya, the Bamboo Bar, I got on well with the Mamma Sam who introduced me to her under manager she was 38 I was 55. She was really nice took her to my hotel at the end of the nite but she would not let me get anywhere. She had family in Khon Kaen and had been in Pattaya for 2 months. We have been married 11 yrs now. My sole mate. 

Take care Colin.

kenny

Congratulations Colin on your well deserved top poster award. We have a lot in common, divorced 96 came over here and had a ball, met a great woman, (still with her today), fell on hard times and came through it, cannot get around now and in the throes of getting a scooter like yours.

The only real difference between us is that i am from Yorkshire, so i have sympathy for you being born in Lancashire it must be awful.

All the best for the future.   Michael 

3 minutes ago, blazes said:

I've long admired you, Colin.  You are a proud son of Preston (North End?)
I suppose you have seen this video of Tom Finney, but just in case you haven't, here is the link:

When i was 16 i had the hots for Toms daughter Barbara, she came to our house many times, pals with my younger sister

Two thumbs up to you Mr. Colinneil.  You are indeed an inspiration!  As an old crusty curmudgeon myself I always look forward to your comments.  Hope to meet you in person one day here in old Isaan.

Take care and please continue to stay vigilant to protect yourself, and your wonderful dog, from those stinkin' "outlaws".   ????

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Finally seen my boat race...... You need glasses mate, my boat race has  been on my avatar for over 3 years.

Incredible story, but true, why do you think my friends call me... Crazy Colin?

I wait with baited breath for Mr Muirs post, but somehow i dont think he will post, as Rooster can verify...... I am paraplegic Mr Muir.

I thought your avatar was an old photo. I know you don't drink now, but I was sure in the bottom right-hand corner of the picture there was a pint of beer.

It's a small photo so not too clear, plus I've probably gone blind anyway with too much J. Arthur.

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

When i was 16 i had the hots for Toms daughter Barbara, she came to our house many times, pals with my younger sister.

When i was 16 tried my hand with Toms daughter Barbara, and got my face slapped for it.

She visited our house many times, pals with my sister.

Well, if you "tried your hand" with her, you deserved to get your face slapped!! 

{Of course, these days you would get a visit from the local constabulary as well as the slap.....}

3 hours ago, petermik said:

They breed them tough in Preston......keep smiling Colin and give the missus a kiss from me (hansum prince) as she is a diamond :thumbsup:

Yes, Colin’s wife is a real Gem, a genuine and caring Lady.

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

I thought your avatar was an old photo. I know you don't drink now, but I was sure in the bottom right-hand corner of the picture there was a pint of beer.

It's a small photo so not too clear, plus I've probably gone blind anyway with too much J. Arthur.

Well mate i think i am safe calling you a plonker, as you wont take offence.:cheesy::cheesy:

The photo was taken at Global house 3 years ago, the thing in the bottom corner is the lads i.d.

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

The original is in this thread https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/913668-wow-there-is-life-outside-my-gate/

And for those who don't want to follow the link :-

post-51965-0-67161000-1461907466.jpg

Just now, RichardColeman said:

Truly wish him well, but the poor guy is seriously ****ed if they ever bring in health insurance for visas, 800k in the bank or not

Why is that ? Colin has already made mention earlier that he is covered by his wife's insurance as she works for the government. So why would mandatory health insurance, if introduced for extension of stays, be an issue for him ?

Congratulants Colin, an inspiration that keeps on chugging on. I just looked at your tally the other night and thought there won't be many that could beat that. Plus I know many of us have experienced what you have (except that accident) when being in contact with the Thais.

With his severe medical condition, he could enjoy a much higher quality of life, care and benefits if he moved back to the UK, and no doubt a much longer and healthier life, yet he prefers to stay in a country where, according to own his detailed account, he has been treated despicably like a second-class citizen. I can never understand that mentality.

8 minutes ago, Thainess said:

With his severe medical condition, he could enjoy a much higher quality of life, care and benefits if he moved back to the UK, and no doubt a much longer and healthier life, yet he prefers to stay in a country where, according to own his detailed account, he has been treated despicably like a second-class citizen. I can never understand that mentality.

To answer you let me explain something.

The reason i will not go back to the UK....... My wife, she is 21 years younger than me, got a good job, pension.

Why would i want to spoil that?

My wife has said if i wanted to go back ok with her, but that would be very selfish of me.

Now i am 71, not got much longer to go, when i go she would be lost in the UK, would come back here, no job, no pension, a very poor/sad future for her.

For that reason i will never even consider going back.

ALSO YOU SPEAK ABOUT BENEFITS, never claimed 1 penny benefits in my life i aint gonna start now.

32 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Well mate i think i am safe calling you a plonker, as you wont take offence.:cheesy::cheesy:

The photo was taken at Global house 3 years ago, the thing in the bottom corner is the lads i.d.

Bloody hell I wish I had an ID that looked like a pint of beer!

Shurely shome mishtake?

1 minute ago, Thainess said:

Perhaps you can never understand because fortunately you have never been in that position. As you say he has been treated badly , but that is in the past. He now has a good loyal wife who loves and cares about him and for him and for me that is the best quality of life you could ever ask for irrespective of which country you are living in. Also his wife has a good position in a school and obviously get job satisfaction from that, so perhaps there is zero incentive for him to go back to the UK where maybe his wife could not follow given the income requirements.

So are you seriously suggesting that given what has been described about Colin already he would have any quality of life, sitting on his own, pushed to some park in the cold weather by some carer who knew nothing about him whilst he was worrying and missing his wife he loves ?  I think it is you who should seriously ask yourself questions about exactly what quality of life is all about. Its not just about what benefits you can get from the system ( as you suggested) and I'm sure piece of mind in a loving relationship will provide a less stressful living environment where he is now then one you suggest back in the UK

34 minutes ago, Crossy said:

The original is in this thread https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/913668-wow-there-is-life-outside-my-gate/

And for those who don't want to follow the link :-

post-51965-0-67161000-1461907466.jpg

I can't believe you managed to track down the photo Crossy, well done.

I see you're now bringing beer into the conversation: "The original is in this thread" - is that Everards Old Original (abv 5.2%)?

Probably not the first or last to have a bad marriage in Thailand.

Probably not the first or last to have a disabling motor vehicle accident.

BUT......Eight girls back to your room!!!!!!

RESPECT MY MAN !!!!!!!!

Col should be upgraded from Poster of the year to LEGEND status

Archived