Paraplegic and confined to a wheelchair but Thaivisa's top poster is "still standing" in Thailand

rooster59

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Asked what he liked most about Thailand he said: "The people. The Thai people are on the whole just great". 

Seems strange, after being stabbed by first wife, getting robbed from present wife's family, having to lock them out the house, needing a dog and CCTV for fear of his life. 

Anyways, not to be negative, all the best.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

nah mate, irrespective of which county we come from we all like our chips but not on both shoulders like the Ozzies ????????????

The fish are biting well today.

Colin, for a guy who has had to put up with so much sh$t you are truly remarkable! A guiding light for those who have "disabilities" physical or mental, with your perseverance and stoicism. Along with your good lady and friends may 'your God' look after you, mate. ???? Chaiyo.

Life deals us all a different hand. Its how we play that hand which makes us what we are. You have  played your cards in the only way you know how, Colin. It shows the spirit of the British stiff upper lip, of carry on regardless. Good luck to you sir, and may your life be long and happy.

27 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Colin, for a guy who has had to put up with so much sh$t you are truly remarkable! A guiding light for those who have "disabilities" physical or mental, with your perseverance and stoicism. Along with your good lady and friends may 'your God' look after you, mate. ???? Chaiyo.

IMHO Colin could add "Tough Old Bugger" to " Cranky Old Bugger".

I do wonder about his wife. While I accept Colin's assurances she loves him, I can't help thinking she is making merit like crazy at the local wat.

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IMHO Colin could add "Tough Old Bugger" to " Cranky Old Bugger".

I do wonder about his wife. While I accept Colin's assurances she loves him, I can't help thinking she is making merit like crazy at the local wat.

She's in for the merit long game.

But Colin's is much, much longer.

Those posters who have denigrated Colin have no moral authority whatsoever and are thoroughly deserving of any ridicule that heads their way. I tip my hat to you Colin for your stoic nature in what has not been an easy time of it here in Thailand- God speed my friend and to hell with your detractors. Your a better man than me!

What an absolute troll trying to scam money from people. I’m surprised he doesn’t have a Go Fund Me account. There’s a plane leaving every hour if you don’t like it here. 

Just kidding mate. Good to see you’re still in good spirits after all you’ve been through. That would have broke most people.

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well folks i have had a quite interesting, in fact crazy life since 1996.

When Rooster contacted me about visiting and doing an article, i thought what the hell, go for it.

There are a few members here who think i am a fake paraplegic, so i agreed to the interview just to prove them wrong.

As can be seen i held nothing back, it is a very accurate description of my life in Thailand.

Thanks for sharing Your amazing and Down to Earth story - it proves if you manage to stand the rain you will again experience the sun. A story that might be of great help for others even for those who only have a fraction of Your braveness.

Wish you all the best in the years to come .. :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Keep it up Collin.  :thumbsup:

He manages figuratively what he cannot do literally.

His posts are a joy to read.  Honest, generous and fair, I would say, and we are lucky to have him on the forum

While I don't know if I ever read any of his posts I'm sure I did, but I must say he is truly and inspirational man. I love seeing a positive story here for a change. I have much sympathy for the man and really admire him for his perseverance and positive attitude. 

I wish him the best and happiness for the future!

Interesting story about how life can treat you along the way , both good and bad, but all's well that ends well.

Thank you for sharing the story.

I'll be short and to the point for a change:

DEAR COLIN YOU ARE A TRUE HERO.

I'm also disabled hemiplegic in a wheelchair, I am based in Pattaya, my first Thai wife ruined me completely; when I first came into Thailand I had no less than 16.000.000 bahts. Fast forward to 8 years later; I am left with 1.000 bahts.

As if that wasn't enough, she threatened my life with a knife on several occasions; including putting the blade to my throat once, just because she was having one of her hissy fits, I went to complain to the cops in my own country; they were powerless and didn't want to help or to get involved; "she's a woman afterall" is the attitude they were giving me, typical leftists...

As I returned to Thailand a couple of years later only to find out her sister had stolen 2 TVs in my Pattaya property, 2 fans, 1 aircon unit, 1 air compressor and the water pump, the worst of it all; she also stole the property's title deed and did for about 200.000 bahts worth of damage to the house.

As I confronted my ex wife about it as it was HER sister who did all this to me (despite buying them a huge chunk of land in the Kalasin province, building them a humongous house with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and buying them a Hilux and a Fortuner), the ex wife only shrugged it off and told me "That's none of my concern".

Afterwards as we split up; she went to the Police and charged me with false accusations of theft of her travel documents which landed me in jail for only 1 night as I was fortunate enough in the meantime I had met a bar girl who's aged 30 (I'm 43 by the way) and she's in true love with me, my new bar girl was such a generous girl she actually paid a 100.000 bahts bail so I could be set free, if it weren't for her; I'd be rotting in a Thai jail instead of writing these words.

I now took a lawyer and we are counter-sueing to hopefully get back 50% of all the money I've invested in my previous life, hopefully I can manage to recoup at least 2.000.000 bahts at least out of all this, we will see how it goes I'm not allowed to leave Thailand, I'm on a "criminal visa" and due to be processed in court on the 5th of July.

I managed to scrap by 100.000 baht and bought a small restaurant booth for my new girl friend; hopefully we'll be successful.

I'm fully aware I won't ever get my 16.000.000 baht back and won't get my 8 years old daughter from the previous marriage either (I have no legal rights as a foreigner in regards to the law in Thailand) and the ex family polluted and corrupted my daughter's mind with lies about what kind of terrible father I am.

I don't have more to say at this point other than the F-word towards Thailand and the Thais in general.

To me Thailand was a mirage; it is now an illusion; Thailand has destroyed me, literally, physically, emotionally, financially, sexually, I'm tangled into this what I describe as "I hate you too my love" type of relationship with Thailand.

I wish I had never come here in the first place.

TL;DR If you read this Colin, I admire you and I know what you've been through.

Thanks to Colin for agreeing to meet me and being so forthright. The story kind of wrote itself! Thanks to those posters who said that they enjoyed and were inspired by the article. Hopefully it won't be too long before I can catch up with the next TV poster who has a great story to tell. I'm sure there must be many.

Cheers,

Rooster

Although I'm just a newbie here, I've always particularly enjoyed Colinneil's posts and his insights.  He is certainly a very wise and humane person.  I think it would only be fitting to add a few words in tribute to his current wife, who has given him so much love, and who in her person represents all that is best in Thai women -- their sensitivity, sweetness and, in a few rare individuals like her, a surpassing spiritual strength that inspires veneration.  Blessings to the MAN!

44 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

Hopefully it won't be too long before I can catch up with the next TV poster who has a great story to tell. I'm sure there must be many

I sure have, being currently stationed in the Moscow US CIA spyhouse.

Previous Delta Force Seal Team 6 operations in Iran.

Iraq

Somalia

If you would like to come to my 3,500 baht per month apartment in Pattaya to interview me, PM ahead. 

46 minutes ago, bri1guy said:

Colin found a gem of a wife,  rare  & hard to find. It gives others hope that they are out there...

If only 1 out of a million means around 70 so there may be a hope - at least for some of us … :thumbsup:

Archived