Paraplegic and confined to a wheelchair but Thaivisa's top poster is "still standing" in Thailand

rooster59

What an uplifting honest and interesting read. Makes a refreshing change from the usual political dross filling the newspapers at the mo. 

Thanks for sharing. If reading your story doesn’t make people have a second thought about their life and take stock then nothing will. Very humbling. 

All the very best to you both. 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Justgrazing said:
19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

On another occasion he sauntered home arm in arm with EIGHT ladies

Sounds like Octopussy that night ..

One of Roger's worst performances as Bond, but one of Colin's best. Pretty sure if the movie's out there somewhere it'd get a fresher rating on Rotten Tomatoes than 007 did...

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

The shirtless look suits ya Col!!

emoji108.pngemoji108.png

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The are 2 reasons for no shirt, first 1, it is damned hard work getting a shirt on/off/

Second reason the upper part of my body where i have feelings is so very sensitive now, wearing a shirt is so uncomfortable. only wear a shirt when i go out the gate.

Now some people will think why is it difficult putting a shirt on, well as i have no balance i fall over  very easily.

25 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The are 2 reasons for no shirt, first 1, it is damned hard work getting a shirt on/off/

Second reason the upper part of my body where i have feelings is so very sensitive now, wearing a shirt is so uncomfortable. only wear a shirt when i go out the gate.

Now some people will think why is it difficult putting a shirt on, well as i have no balance i fall over  very easily.

It's impossible for many of us to even comprehend the daily challenges you, Colin, and others like you have to endure with even the most simple of tasks...  thank you for the explanation. 

Again, a humbling read...  There are so many decent posters on this forum which is often tarnished by some bitter, twisted and aggressive comments, I am sometimes guilty of intolerance to some objectionable comments, added to which my comments themselves may sometimes be objectionable for others. This thread is a great reminder that we are all human and all for the most part very decent human beings who would more than likely get along well in each others company... (give or take a handful of 'stinkers').

I have a sneaky suspicion Colin may well find himself facing requests for visitation after this article, if not because he is a genuine decent fellow, then for further elaboration on his 'ménage à trois huit'....

54 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have a sneaky suspicion Colin may well find himself facing requests for visitation after this article, if not because he is a genuine decent fellow, then for further elaboration on his 'ménage à trois huit'....

Let's hope he doesn't set up an online booking system like the Vientiane embassy...

1 minute ago, lamyai3 said:

Let's hope he doesn't set up an online booking system like the Vientiane embassy...

Priceless mate, priceless.

You have given me an idea..... Entrance fee 20 baht for Thais, 100 baht for farangs.

Free entrance for over 65s, but must be with both parents.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

31 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

15 pages and I didn't see a troll comment - that says a lot, and is more than I can put in words.

Best wishes Colin - when I grow up I want to be like you (I am 60+).

That didn't happen by accident. It won't be tolerated and will be removed.

Colin, you are an inspiring man, who with so many adversities life has thrown your way, still remain calm and collected. And its great that you like Thai people, and have experienced the very best and the most deplorable of them. Best wishes too you.

A remarkable show of courage and stamina by both Colin and his wife.It is stories like this that I refer myself back to when I think things are getting difficult.Thank you Colin and your wife for being.Before I read Colin's story I would often refer to Sir Douglas Mawson's story of survival in the Antarctic,but Colin does better by over coming the greatest hurdle in life,for when death came for him Colin says not now I'm busy!

3 minutes ago, PiBret said:

Can you post a photo of his wife? I can't imagine anyone's wife not telling them to put a shirt on when being photographed for a news story. 

No photos of my wife, if you look at the article there are no names mentioned, only mine.

When i told my wife about Roosters visit, she clearly said, do not mention my name, do not ask for any photos.

As my wife was not home during Roosters visit, i did not get nagged at to put a shirt on.

As i have previously mentioned, my upper body is extremely sensitive now since my accident, and wearing a shirt is damned uncomfortable, also as i have already said, i have no balance what so ever, i cannot sit on a dining chair, because i would fall off, notice in the bedroom photo, my bed has safety rails.

28 minutes ago, colinneil said:

No photos of my wife, if you look at the article there are no names mentioned, only mine.

When i told my wife about Roosters visit, she clearly said, do not mention my name, do not ask for any photos.

As my wife was not home during Roosters visit, i did not get nagged at to put a shirt on.

As i have previously mentioned, my upper body is extremely sensitive now since my accident, and wearing a shirt is damned uncomfortable, also as i have already said, i have no balance what so ever, i cannot sit on a dining chair, because i would fall off, notice in the bedroom photo, my bed has safety rails.

Fairy nuff.

Do you have to go to immigration once a year?

Must be hard to occupy the days, unless you have lots of visitors, good luck.

Do you speak Isarn?

10 minutes ago, PiBret said:

Fairy nuff.

Do you have to go to immigration once a year?

Must be hard to occupy the days, unless you have lots of visitors, good luck.

Do you speak Isarn?

Yes mate i go to immigration once a year.

Occupy my days, easy Thai visa, and reading, now books can be a problem, buying new can prove expensive.

My mate Bobby brings me books sometimes.

Only yesterday Fractured  rabbit posted on here that he had some books he wanted to part with. 

Well i cheekily messaged him, and he had just seen the article about me, so he has very kindly said he will send them to me with Kerry, i offered to cover costs and he said..... My gift to you.

A very BIG thank you to him.

Do i speak Issan, no i dont, but i try and it can be quite funny sometimes.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes mate i go to immigration once a year.

Occupy my days, easy Thai visa, and reading, now books can be a problem, buying new can prove expensive.

My mate Bobby brings me books sometimes.

Colin, you should give eBooks a try. I have a Kindle; however, I have downloaded the Kindle app to my smartphone because it's more convenient to read them there.

There are truckloads of free books on the web, and on the Amazon Kindle website. Some are dreck, but some are quite engaging. Most of the classical authors - Dickens, Thackeray, the Brontes etc. are free, as is Jack London and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

21 hours ago, colinneil said:

I didnt exactly get a free house, when i came back the house was 70% complete, up to that point my wife paid, after that point i paid, so i in effect paid about 30.%

Sound like the good deal.

Excellent article, and a truly inspirational story.  Keep it up Colin.  Looking at the pictures, I just have one concern though.  What have you done with the pink POTY tights, man?  They appear to have been turned into some sort of blanket.

Archived