Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

You're very much entitled to your say. All I am suggesting is that it carry some value in terms of adding to this debate, not simply be sweeping assumptions and casual slandering of persons unknown. ???? 

Assumptions? You mean talk like "after a few months all will be well" and back to 50 once we're out,this EU project is doomed,piece of cake trade deals that would take weeks to sort But haven't in 3 years and usually take 5-7 anyway,oh yes I understand what you mean now

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, aright said:

You didn't answer the question then, and you're not answering now, just giving glib out of question comments. Just to remind you and all Remainers

"After almost 50 years of failure to reform, were we to stay, what would you recommend British MEP's (10% of the EU Parliament) do and what would you prioritise and how long would you give them to change?" 

We all look forward to your answers

12 minutes ago, bomber said:

What exactly do you want reforming? BJ and farage and JRM and Tommy would have 4 different versions of brexit/reform,that's why it was always doomed,farage to be fair has at least formed a party to get whatever his version is,he knows it's not happening,more or less said so on TV last night,pity a few more on here weren't listening to the Messiahs words.

5 minutes ago, bomber said:

Never mind as JRM has stated the UK may need 50 years after brexit to reform to being better off,don't forget to let us know if it All went to plan

You didn't answer the question then, and you're not answering now...………………….

Is there an echo in the room?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

You are misquoting J R Mogg, why don't you find out what he actually said.

Google it,it's a channel 4 interview and I do believe it's the real JRM and not Micheal Parkinson.

1 minute ago, bomber said:

Google it,it's a channel 4 interview and I do believe it's the real JRM and not Micheal Parkinson.

I have seen the interview, I have re-posted the video on brexit sites many times before. You made the claim you own it. You show what he said.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Why do you keep mentioning a place you have never been too..Very strange..

Your time would be better spent with an English - Portuguese translation book chap..

Never had any interest in visiting issan,i did hear off many it was all a bit of a scam gullible old men going to visit the family and getting fleeced,I much preffered south of Bangkok,I left issan to the experts like yourself and teddyboy,haha

Edited by bomber
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

I have seen the interview, I have re-posted the video on brexit sites many times before. You made the claim you own it. You show what he said.

Post it for the brexiteers on here then.

Just now, transam said:

I guessed you got your info from bar stool chat ......????

As for gullible old men, your chat chums are wrong, they all relocated to Portugal...:stoner:

Nothing in Portugal for gullible old men as you well know,your best off up in issan taking care of cough cough family,I won't have that issue,ha ha

1 minute ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

I have never made such assumptions myself, I won't speak for anyone else. 

There has been a lot of bluster and outright conjecture from both sides of the argument, with the majority of outright despondence and self-loathing emanating from remainers. It's abhorret to observe. Whatever I personally have asserted has been based on legitimacies - facts and trends starting many years back now. The EU being a doomed project that is fundamentally undemocratic, autocratic and federalist at it's heart as one - yes. I never said anything about future trade deals being easy, quite the opposite in fact. My thoughts on sterling's drop in value are not predicated on Brexit / instability within the UK or its much more recent effect on lost value against USD & other major currencies . The THB-GBP value analysis is bogus - as demonstrated by myself and many others on an earlier page. Brexit is a footnote in what was very much overdue depreciation - and the GBP is far from alone in this by the way.

After a few months of leaving we could be in a position far better than you imagine - this would be conjecture just as you imagining the sky fallin in is. After a few years I'm willing to BET that we will be however - and that the EU will be on the verge of collapse from within - ok that's also a hope tbf.  ????

I wasn't referring to you,I think you know who I meant,at least you admit it "might" be OK

6 minutes ago, transam said:

I guessed you got your info from bar stool chat ......????

As for gullible old men, your chat chums are wrong, they all relocated to Portugal...:stoner:

Didn't need the gullible Singh's slob to tell me,plenty of girls would tell me 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

But you are going to Portugal....Do you actually think you are a young bloke...?

PS. None of my in laws have a chest problem, though I haven't seen them in years to find out...

Never stated I was young,you know my age,pity a certain bulldog on here states 2 different ages.

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

He quoted "the overwhelming opportunity for Brexit will be felt over the next 50 years. Key word there is 'felt over,' and not untill. Fast forward to approx 23.30 to hear what he said.

Which in English means that we will only feel the full benefit in 50 years time.

Which could be interpreted as we won't feel any benefit in the next 40 years. Typical politician speak.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, petemoss said:

Which in English means that we will only feel the full benefit in 50 years time.

Which could be interpreted as we won't feel any benefit in the next 40 years. Typical politician speak.

Interpret how you wish, I don't care, but by misquoting, all it does is spread discord between posters. Always better to quote as accurately as possible and not post the first thing that pops out of ones head.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

He quoted "the overwhelming opportunity for Brexit will be felt over the next 50 years. Key word there is 'felt over,' and not untill. Fast forward to approx 23.30 to hear what he said.

Good old Moggie he got his funds moved and will have all his positions in place to profit from what is most probably a hard Brexit. I admire him he is doing what he was born to do screw the working class and enrich his class and more importantly himself and his family. What I find sad is that the screwed working class cheer him on and hail him as a hero and even sadder the Thai expats for whom Project Fear (the collapse of their finances is staring them in the wallet) still don't get it that they are being royally used.Alas it was ever thus. 

Marx identified the reactionary nature of the lumpenproletariat very well.....

"essentially parasitical group was largely the remains of older, obsolete stages of social development, and that it could not normally play a progressive role in history. Indeed, because it acted only out of socially ignorant self-interest, the lumpenproletariat was easily bribed by reactionary forces and could be used to combat the true proletariat in its efforts to bring about the end of bourgeois society. Without a clear class-consciousness, the lumpenproletariat could not play a positive role in society. Instead, it exploited society for its own ends, and was in turn exploited as a tool of destruction and reaction."

"The lumpenproletariat is passive decaying matter of the lowest layers of the old society, is here and there thrust into the [progressive] movement by a proletarian revolution; [however,] in accordance with its whole way of life, it is more likely to sell out to reactionary intrigues."

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, petemoss said:

Sore loser? How so? Did we leave the EU on either of the final deadlines when we absolutely must leave? Or are we still full members of the EU? Is our only realistic hope of leaving not down to one choice, a no deal Brexit? What happened to the Brexiteers promise of leaving with a deal that will be preferential to the UK, rather than leaving on a "warts and all" (Brexiteers words, not mine) no deal Brexit, which any sane person can see will be a disaster for the UK economy and jobs, to say nothing of seriously endangering the Good Friday agreement? Sounds like the brexiteers are the losers, their hopes and dreams of those promised pink unicorns gone up in smoke.

And what has Brexit given us so far? A massive bill and Boris bloody Johnson as PM. If you think May was bad you ain't seen nothing yet. He's already revealed his plan to get rid of the backstop, remain in the customs union and single market until such time we are ready to leave, i.e. indefinitely. Genius! A Brexit in name only, the Brexiteers worst nightmare. 

As the clock ticks more and more people are leaning to a confirmatory vote (2nd referendum). If that were to come about there would be only 2 choices to put to the electorate. As all deals with the EU are effectively dead, the choice would be "leave with no deal" or "remain". The polls already show that a no deal Brexit is massively unpopular with both Parliament and the electorate, so remain it is. Who did you say the loser was?

If we did leave with no deal, it wouldn't just be the Brexiteers that were losers, virtually every British citizen would be a loser, Brexiteers and remainers alike.

The polls.....the polls.   

Don't believe them Quasimodo!

1 hour ago, vogie said:

he state's the "opportunity for brexit is over 50 years" to anyone with half a brain that is saying brexit could take 50 years to reach its full potential in his opinion of coarse,imo throughout  the whole interview he is just hoping and guessing brexit could work,facts are it already has for him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Unless they agree with your twisted agenda, eh?

Polls generally turn out to agree with the favoured result of whoever pays for them. A poll would only agree with my twisted "agenda" if I was twisted enough to have enough money to pay for one.