Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

55 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Has no relevance. 

The points raised are the core of a debate. 

It matters not who makes them. 

Trying to discredit views brexiteers don’t like by raising bogus issues, such as their nationality, is disingenuous at best.  

Not when the posting history of a previously exposed BS merchant alludes to being on the electoral register in a given ward and even that he had some sort of influence over the candidate.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Not when the posting history of a previously exposed BS merchant alludes to being on the electoral register in a given ward and even that he had some sort of influence over the candidate.

Think you’re thinking of someone else there, as I have no idea what you are on about. 

Best you do some research and find out who you are confusing me with. 

50 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I spent my life in the uk and have many friends and family there. 

I have the right to british nationality and have chosen not to take it. 

I could exercise the right to vote in brexit referendum/s but have chosen not too. 

I hold an eu passport, as I have said on other threads-typical poor research by brexiteers, I could obtain a british one but choose not too. 

Therefore I am neither british or a remainer, but someone with a view that I am entitled to express on an open forum, that is a fact brexiteers seem to find very hard to understand. 

If you want a closed shop forum with invitees only, then set one up.

It would be typical brexiteer mindset behaviour to do so. 

Do you seriously believe that anyone considers you anything other than a non-brit remainer?

"If you want a closed shop forum with invitees only, then set one up.

It would be typical brexiteer mindset behaviour to do so."

You're obviously feeling extremely defensive.  Try being a 'leaver' who so many of remainers insult as being stupid/unintelligent/ignorant etc. etc.! ????

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Do you seriously believe that anyone considers you anything other than a remainer?

You're obviously feeling extremely defensive.  Try being a 'leaver' who so many of remainers insult as being stupid/unintelligent/ignorant etc. etc.! ????

I don’t care what you regard me as. 

Refute my points based on what I say and not who I am. 

One of your cohort has already made the embarrassing error of confusing me with someone else. 

Stick to the point and not the person. 

Please direct me to my posts where I have called someone “stupid/unintelligent/ignorant” because of their expressed views. 

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

based on what I say and not who I am

Sometimes one wonder if there are still Brits here on this forum, but rather only Leavers or Remainers. 

Somehow identical as in my country, where people are in first instance Flemish or Walloon, and than Belgian. 

26 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Do you seriously believe that anyone considers you anything other than a non-brit remainer?

23 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I don’t care what you regard me as. 

Refute my points based on what I say and not who I am. 

One of your cohort has already made the embarrassing error of confusing me with someone else. 

Stick to the point and not the person. 

Please direct me to my posts where I have called someone “stupid/unintelligent/ignorant” because of their expressed views. 

Leavers agree on this point- i.e. address the point rather than relying on calling those with a different POV "stupid/unintelligent/ignorant"!

Edit - Having said this, you've admitted that you're not a brit. and, to be honest, the opinions of other eu nationals only reinforces the likely fact that other eu nations are very worried indeed about the loss of uk money....

14 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Leavers agree on this point- i.e. address the point rather than relying on calling those with a different POV "stupid/unintelligent/ignorant"!

Edit - Having said this, you've admitted that you're not a brit. and, to be honest, the opinions of other eu nationals only reinforces the likely fact that other eu nations are very worried indeed about the loss of uk money....

Admitted?

When did I ever claim I was british?

Leaver obsession with nationality of posters is nothing but distraction tactics when points are raised they can’t refute. 

That and the myth about the EU citizens being worried about uk money.

Hilarious. I’m ok for money thanks. 

Again, direct me to posts where I have called anyone “stupid/unintelligent/ignorant”

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Most of the leavers on this thread are no longer resident in the uk I suspect (could be wrong of course), yet many voted on its future. 

If you vote on a countries future, make sure you reside there. 

New rules from abroad? That's what we are trying to be free of. 

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

If you vote on a countries future, make sure you reside there. 

Depends,

I don't reside in Belgium since 2000; however I am concerned about the future of my country as it may concern me personally, financially is one of the aspects. 

So I still vote. 

4 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Depends,

I don't reside in Belgium since 2000; however I am concerned about the future of my country as it may concern me personally, financially is one of the aspects. 

So I still vote. 

I could not vote on a country’s future unless I lived there. For me it’s not right. Just a personal view of course. 

13 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Admitted?

When did I ever claim I was british?

Leaver obsession with nationality of posters is nothing but distraction tactics when points are raised they can’t refute. 

That and the myth about the EU citizens being worried about uk money.

Hilarious. I’m ok for money thanks. 

Again, direct me to posts where I have called anyone “stupid/unintelligent/ignorant”

You're deliberately missing the point that more than a few posters have delayed admitting that they're not brits. - they are from other european countries that will be hurt by the loss of uk money!

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

You're deliberately missing the point that more than a few posters have delayed admitting that they're not brits. - they are from other european countries that will be hurt by the loss of uk money!

I have done no such thing or been motivated as such. 

Now, does your non direction to my posts mean you accept I have not called anyone “stupid/unintelligent/ignorant”?

22 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

they are from other european countries that will be hurt by the loss of uk money!

It is a possibility yes, however claiming that it is a certitude is somewhat premature. 

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

Sometimes one wonder if there are still Brits here on this forum, but rather only Leavers or Remainers. 

Somehow identical as in my country, where people are in first instance Flemish or Walloon, and than Belgian. 

We've become two tribes i'm afraid, Brexit is an insidious poison that will slowly destroy all it touches  and all those that believe in it. 

We created the rift ourselves, TM statements at the party conference which said "f*uk you" to 48% of the population stuck an oversized crowbar in the cracks of our society and broke it apart.

Five years ago Europe was something unimportant on the political landscape, now we are all wasting our time talking of nothing else.

As evermore extreme versions of brexit and remain are all that has become acceptable, the gap has widened. Neither side believes what the other says, there are two truths out there. The poison will sour British politics and life for years to come.

I don't see a way out - there is no brexit that half the population will get behind. Both former main political parties are irredeemably split. FPTP breaks down and becomes unpredictable when there are more than two major parties.

I would guess we either leave with no deal, suffer the chaos and poverty for a while or remain and wait for the leaver to die out. We are not going to have a happy country for years to come.     

3 minutes ago, tebee said:

don't see a way out

This  may be pessimistic. 

On the other hand, nobody ever found a real solution for the conflicts between Flemish Belgians and Walloon Belgians. 

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

That is only your opinion on who can contribute. 

This is an open forum, anyone can contribute regardless of nationality and involvement. 

Nationality of poster has no relevance to this topic of debate. 

I agree,anyone can contribute to these threads. However I think it’s relevant to know the nationality of poster. Then we have a clearer view,of which direction they are coming from.

Similar to pre 2014 when on TV  we discussed the merits or non merits of Scotland ceding from the Union. Everyone was prepared to state,from where they come from. Why is it so different to this discussion on Our Democratic decision to exit the E.u. I can only assume that those many remainers, who are reluctant to provide this information, are ashamed of their nationality.

CBB4212F-B0B1-40A0-80A0-F8F1C5FA78F9.jpeg

2 minutes ago, nontabury said:

I agree,anyone can contribute to these threads. However I think it’s relevant to know the nationality of poster. Then we have a clearer view,of which direction they are coming from.

Similar to pre 2014 when on TV  we discussed the merits or non merits of Scotland ceding from the Union. Everyone was prepared to state,from where they come from. Why is it so different to this discussion on Our Democratic decision to exit the E.u. I can only assume that those many remainers, who are reluctant to provide this information, are ashamed of their nationality.

Are you one of the many who said the Scottish question should also be asked to other UK countries?

28 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Nationality is irrelevant when posting. 

Are you clear on who you confused me with yet?

Ready to admit I made no such claims?

3 hours ago, tebee said:

We've become two tribes i'm afraid, Brexit is an insidious poison that will slowly destroy all it touches  and all those that believe in it. 

We created the rift ourselves, TM statements at the party conference which said "f*uk you" to 48% of the population stuck an oversized crowbar in the cracks of our society and broke it apart.

Five years ago Europe was something unimportant on the political landscape, now we are all wasting our time talking of nothing else.

As evermore extreme versions of brexit and remain are all that has become acceptable, the gap has widened. Neither side believes what the other says, there are two truths out there. The poison will sour British politics and life for years to come.

I don't see a way out - there is no brexit that half the population will get behind. Both former main political parties are irredeemably split. FPTP breaks down and becomes unpredictable when there are more than two major parties.

I would guess we either leave with no deal, suffer the chaos and poverty for a while or remain and wait for the leaver to die out. We are not going to have a happy country for years to come.     

Please allow me to bring an additional pessimistic touch. Brexit has exacerbated a deeper social division of the  British society. People who have been 'left behind' have put their hopes in Brexit. In case Brexit does not occur they will blame it on remaining. In case Brexit occurs they will find out that it has led to a more liberal economy and an even less egalitarian society than before. In both cases it will not lead to more social cohesion (that's an understatement).

3 hours ago, tebee said:

"wait for the leaver to die out". New editor of the Morbid Report? And wishful thinking on your part. It's  good to know that if that does happen, it will be at least two more generations hence. There are plenty of youngsters who are now pro Brexit, plus there are a lot more "on the way".  

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Think you’re thinking of someone else there, as I have no idea what you are on about. 

Best you do some research and find out who you are confusing me with. 

I'm at a loss as to how you failed to understand where this was pointing or that you tried to shoe-in a 'ficker than us' to mask the fact that it had alluded you.

Having aptly made my point I have no reason to comment further.

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Nationality is irrelevant when posting. 

Are you clear on who you confused me with yet?

Ready to admit I made no such claims?

Disagree. Brexit is the result of a UK referendum and so it is primarily a British issue. So, generally, posts by British nationals are more relevant than to this topic than posts from Legoland (or wherever).

51 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I'm at a loss as to how you failed to understand where this was pointing or that you tried to shoe-in a 'ficker than us' to mask the fact that it had alluded you.

Having aptly made my point I have no reason to comment further.

So you can’t admit your mistake in directing this at me

”Not when the posting history of a previously exposed BS merchant alludes to being on the electoral register in a given ward and even that he had some sort of influence over the candidate.“

Thought not. 

It’s symptomatic of your approach to debate.   

For the record:

I never claimed to be on any electoral register in any given ward. 

I have never claimed influence over any candidate. 

Archived