Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

Just about sums it up. These were the reassuring words used to persuade people to vote Leave, don’t worry as the impact on the economy will be minimal, and we’ll do much better.

Now it’s all about crashing out with no deal and no transition because “that’s what you voted for”?

The problem is that people voted for what you clowns told them ... and as you’re tune has now changed you require a mandate for a crash out Brexit. If people vote “no deal” you have a mandate, otherwise you don’t.

Joseph Goebbels would be proud.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course you would reduce yourself to the "pink unicorns" line as so many other remain posters have previously [emoji23].

Please feel free to continue with your made-up lies and assertions about brexiteers, as there's clearly no way you can discuss sensibly without resorting to insults/remainers made-up terms etc. etc......
Would that include the made up lie that no-deal was the only option on the table decided at the referendum?

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, SheungWan said:

In or out does not = no-deal, though you may wish it so.

Yes it does mean no deal, it is not a case whether I wish it to or not, it is enshrined in law, unless Parliament changes that law which many remainers are trying their best to do since day 1 of signing and agreeing to art 50. If they didn't agree to the terms of art 50, they shouldn't have signed it in the first place.

12 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Would that include the made up lie that no-deal was the only option on the table decided at the referendum?

No, it wasnt a lie , the only option was Leave  , Leave a bit wasnt an option 

Yes it does mean no deal, it is not a case whether I wish it to or not, it is enshrined in law, unless Parliament changes that law which many remainers are trying their best to do since day 1 of signing and agreeing to art 50. If they didn't agree to the terms of art 50, they shouldn't have signed it in the first place.

Parliament will likely block it because there is no majority for no-deal. However, a crash out is still possible. Game still on.

That's right. Enemies Of The People everywhere on Planet Grumpy Old Northern Brexiteers.

The softy lefty southern europhiles are proving to be the enemies. We have always known it deep down, but plain for all to see now.
They’ve sold the whole country for the sake of a few quid on their house prices.

But no majority for any deal including 'no deal' none of which have a parliamentary majority. So let the Hard Brexiteers try to force a by-pass of parliamentary democracy. Not that the nationalist conspiracy crowd have ever been interested in that other than when the figures line up. Which they haven't for a long time. Euro elections sooo disappointing after all the pre-election bombast.

The Parliamentary majority is already there in the Withdrawal Act which is law and does not include a deal.
There is an obvious anti national conspiracy going on. It’s called the EU and Remainers are its supporters. Fortunately the EU elections were very successful for antiEU populists.

The Parliamentary majority is already there in the Withdrawal Act which is law and does not include a deal.
There is an obvious anti national conspiracy going on. It’s called the EU and Remainers are its supporters. Fortunately the EU elections were very successful for antiEU populists.
Not successful enough for Hard Brexiteers to claim 50%.

I agree but why don't they come out and say that instead of the anti UK rhetoric.

They’ve all always been anti UK, as have the Europhile Remainers. They try to lie about it as “It will be disastrous for the UK.” When they really mean it will be bad for their own countries.

57 minutes ago, nauseus said:

an interesting survey might be to count the remainer v leaver total insults on here over the last 3 years. A remain win, I think. And quite handsomely.

I like opinions. 

4 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Default is within the control of Parliament. Whether Parliament wishes to exercise that Parliamentary right is a Parliamentary issue. Got it?

If Boris is PM on Oct 31st and he doesn't want to write to the EU requesting another deadline we will be out, unless some skullduggery takes place, which I doubt. And if he does write to the EU we would be reliant on the other 27 states agreeing to that extension, which must be a little iffy to say the least.

If Boris is PM on Oct 31st and he doesn't want to write to the EU requesting another deadline we will be out, unless some skullduggery takes place, which I doubt. And if he does write to the EU we would be reliant on the other 27 states agreeing to that extension, which must be a little iffy to say the least.
All sorts of options including Parliament blocking.

1 minute ago, SheungWan said:

Necessary for what? The Hard Brexiteers were riding for 50%+ and failed, thus not able to claim a majority right now. So then, back to Parliament.

Who were the Brexiteers hoping for 50 %

This wasnt a vote about remain or leave , it was about electing Euro MP's

Archived