Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

41 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Disagree. Brexit is the result of a UK referendum and so it is primarily a British issue. So, generally, posts by British nationals are more relevant than to this topic than posts from Legoland (or wherever).

Disagree. 

This is an open forum. 

All views are equally valid. 

You want a forum for brits only, set up a private one and invite those who you can debate against with success. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Disagree. 

This is an open forum. 

All views are equally valid. 

You want a forum for brits only, set up a private one and invite those who you can debate against with success. 

Still disagree. We were discussing relevancy. This forum is indeed open and IMO you and anyone else are entitled to post here and anywhere they like to. However, also IMO, as Brexit is primarily a British issue, the opinions of Britons must be the most relevant to this topic. If you were Venezuelan, and there was a forum on recent Venezuelan problems, I would be interested but accept the opinions of Venezuelans as the most relevant, whether I agreed with them or not. 

On 6/27/2019 at 8:30 AM, bendejo said:

Farange is a product of a poor sewage system: if the Brits were in the habit of flushing twice he wouldn't have emerged from the waste.

It,s all due to cut backs mate , water meters , etc .

That said i do appreciate your sewage system concern .

PS ,  there is a big turd , expected soon in the waste pipe soon ,  BJ.. 

No mention of No-deal either. That is what Parliament has to deal with. Brexiteers are not into "understanding". Which is a process. Hard Brexiteers can't handle that. Broken record is their limit. That's why from Boris onwards all are clowns.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Your ‘deal’ was not mentioned in the law which was passed because it was a new construct introduced to try and frustrate Brexit. Otherwise known as cheating. For sure Hard and soft Brexiteers can’t handle that, as some Remainers can’t either.

1 hour ago, elliss said:

It,s all due to cut backs mate , water meters , etc .

That said i do appreciate your sewage system concern .

PS ,  there is a big turd , expected soon in the waste pipe soon ,  BJ.. 

Adapted from a US sentiment: flush twice, it's a long way to DC

Your ‘deal’ was not mentioned in the law which was passed because it was a new construct introduced to try and frustrate Brexit. Otherwise known as cheating. For sure Hard and soft Brexiteers can’t handle that, as some Remainers can’t either.
No mention of any deal. And that includes 'no deal'. Hard Brexiteer furious spinning notwithstanding. All their money now on Parliament as another Enemies Of The People frustrating the nationalist conspiracy loons.

But much more importantly, more than 50% in the referendum.
But no majority for any deal including 'no deal' none of which have a parliamentary majority. So let the Hard Brexiteers try to force a by-pass of parliamentary democracy. Not that the nationalist conspiracy crowd have ever been interested in that other than when the figures line up. Which they haven't for a long time. Euro elections sooo disappointing after all the pre-election bombast.

12 hours ago, nauseus said:

Disagree. Brexit is the result of a UK referendum and so it is primarily a British issue. So, generally, posts by British nationals are more relevant than to this topic than posts from Legoland (or wherever).

In the same way that a British patient who may have appendicitis can come up with a diagnosis more accurate than htat of a non-British doctor. Most non-Brexiters would think that the doctor's nationality is irrelevant. Citizenship is no proof of understanding nor a guarantee against ignorance. The only place alleged citizenship takes precedence over non-citizenship is at the ballot box.

6 hours ago, Johnyo said:

Whilst the Eton boys do each other through the back door the EU bureaucrats get down to business, and it’s not only this TA , in the past two years Japan, Canada etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Brexiters would tell you not to worry as Ukraine is ready as a potential substitute for the lost trade deals. ????

https://www.politicshome.com/news/world/opinion/british-ukrainian-chamber-commerce/104685/uk-ukraine-free-trade-agreement-will

12 hours ago, nauseus said:

Brexit is the result of a UK referendum and so it is primarily a British issue.

Not agree,

it is a British/E.U. issue,

as those are the ones involved. 

Having said that, this is a forum where, so far, each member has the same rights and obligations. 

At least my opinion. 

6 hours ago, SheungWan said:

But no majority for any deal including 'no deal' none of which have a parliamentary majority. So let the Hard Brexiteers try to force a by-pass of parliamentary democracy. Not that the nationalist conspiracy crowd have ever been interested in that other than when the figures line up. Which they haven't for a long time. Euro elections sooo disappointing after all the pre-election bombast.

The referendum was not about a deal. It was about leaving. Twist the tale how you like but the bypassing of democracy has been the favourite pastime of remainers, not leavers, for the last 3 years. 

36 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Not agree,

it is a British/E.U. issue,

as those are the ones involved. 

Having said that, this is a forum where, so far, each member has the same rights and obligations. 

At least my opinion. 

I said primarily. 

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

In the same way that a British patient who may have appendicitis can come up with a diagnosis more accurate than htat of a non-British doctor. Most non-Brexiters would think that the doctor's nationality is irrelevant. Citizenship is no proof of understanding nor a guarantee against ignorance. The only place alleged citizenship takes precedence over non-citizenship is at the ballot box.

No. Not the same at all. 

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

said primarily

Primarily : for the most part.

Not agree that only the U.K. is for the most part involved. 

But o.k., we have a different opinion about the degree of involvement. 

17 hours ago, stevenl said:

Are you one of the many who said the Scottish question should also be asked to other UK countries?

Even Scots living out of Scotland were not allowed to vote but 16 year olds living in Scotland were allowed to vote.

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

Primarily : for the most part.

Not agree that only the U.K. is for the most part involved. 

But o.k., we have a different opinion about the degree of involvement. 

It was a British referendum. How is Britain not the most involved? Really?

The referendum was not about a deal. It was about leaving. Twist the tale how you like but the bypassing of democracy has been the favourite pastime of remainers, not leavers, for the last 3 years. 
Unfortunately, the referendum did not specify the terms of leaving. Spinning that reality into referendum = no-deal is a fake pass. Repeating the lie is the Hard Brexiteer broken record. No sale.

5 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Unfortunately, the referendum did not specify the terms of leaving. Spinning that reality into referendum = no-deal is a fake pass. Repeating the lie is the Hard Brexiteer broken record. No sale.

No, its not "a lie" 

The question was Leave or stay .

Leave half way (with a deal) wasnt an option 

3 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Terms not specified - that is the reality - no spin. T's and c's weren't openly detailed when we voted into this mess either. Why do they have to be now?  

Archived