Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Of course not, but at the moment this appears to be the best option.

It's an option that will lead Britain into an economic and social nightmare and will never get through Parliament. i.e. It's not really an option. May's deal, which can't be renegotiated is a half in half out deal which would also damage the economy and also never get passed by Parliament. Ergo, there are no viable options. Brexit is dead. The sooner the Brexiteers accept this the sooner parliament can get on will the real business of governing the country.

12 minutes ago, petemoss said:

The terms of leaving weren't specified on the ballot paper but the Brexit team certainly did specify them to the public before the vote.

They promised an easy Brexit on terms that would be financially beneficial to the UK. A major broken promise if we are taken down the road of a no deal Brexit by a prime minister that wasn't elected by us.

No UK Prime minster is elected by the voters

2 minutes ago, petemoss said:

It's an option that will lead Britain into an economic and social nightmare and will never get through Parliament. i.e. It's not really an option. May's deal, which can't be renegotiated is a half in half out deal which would also damage the economy and also never get passed by Parliament. Ergo, there are no viable options. Brexit is dead.

That, of course, is your dream.

Let's wait and see how our MPs accepting the May/eu surrender treaty plays out with the electorate ????.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

No UK Prime minster is elected by the voters

The leader of the party who gets a majority in a general election becomes prime minister. The voters know who they are voting for to become prime minister in a GE. Stop clutching at straws by playing a pathetic game of semantics.

40 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

About leaving yes or not the E.U., so extremely important as well for the E.U..

We have different opinions; I can live with that, do you? 

Or will you pretend that your opinion is the only correct one? 

A pity you added the last line.

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

That, of course, is your dream.

Let's wait and see how our MPs accepting the May/eu surrender treaty plays out with the electorate ????.

Well my dream has a much better chance of becoming reality than your dream of a no deal Brexit. You have been dreaming of pink unicorns since the day you voted to leave.

8 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Of course not, but at the moment this is the best option.

It's a terrible, terrible option - nothing like any of the versions of leave that were promised before the referendum.

Do you really think the public are going to be satisfied with it? It will bring the idea of leaving  into disgrace and people will be wanting to rejoin.

It is though, only the best option if you exclude remaining. 

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

A pity you added the last line.

Why? 

According to me an question which can be easely answered by a yes or a no. 

I asked the question because I have the impression (I hope wrongly) that you not consider my opinion as valuable as yours. 

45 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Alternative terms of leaving including no-deal have all been voted down by Parliament. Hard Brexiteers have no alternative solution on the table right now other than in their dreams

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The vote was for leave, not for "alternatives".

4 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Well my dream has a much better chance of becoming reality than your dream of a no deal Brexit. You have been dreaming of pink unicorns since the day you voted to leave.

Of course you would reduce yourself to the "pink unicorns" line as so many other remain posters have previously ????.

Please feel free to continue with your made-up lies and assertions about brexiteers, as there's clearly no way you can discuss sensibly without resorting to insults/remainers made-up terms etc. etc......

6 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Equally leaving with no deal, people losing their jobs, food shortages and the cost of living increasing will play out so well with the electorate I expect...

1 minute ago, tebee said:

It's a terrible, terrible option - nothing like any of the versions of leave that were promised before the referendum.

Do you really think the public are going to be satisfied with it? It will bring the idea of leaving  into disgrace and people will be wanting to rejoin.

It is though, only the best option if you exclude remaining. 

What were these versions that were promised before the referendum, the ones I remember are Cameron saying "this will be an in or out referendum"

5 minutes ago, tebee said:

Equally leaving with no deal, people losing their jobs, food shortages and the cost of living increasing will play out so well with the electorate I expect...

Attaboy! Just resort to Project Fear.

6 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Of course you would reduce yourself to the "pink unicorns" line as so many other remain posters have previously ????.

Please feel free to continue with your made-up lies and assertions about brexiteers, as there's clearly no way you can discuss sensibly without resorting to insults/remainers made-up terms etc. etc......

Read your own post. No replies to the facts that I gave, just a barrage of insults. Pots and kettles....

12 minutes ago, tebee said:

That's certainly the remainer rhetoric - but the multitude of threats didn't work prior to the referendum and consequently are even less likely to work now. ????

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Attaboy! Just resort to Project Fear.

Of course you would reduce yourself to the "Project Fear" line as so many other Brexit posters have previously .

Please feel free to continue with your made-up lies and assertions about remainers, as there's clearly no way you can discuss sensibly without resorting to insults/Brexiteers made-up terms etc. etc......

Big thanks to @dick dasterdly for the inspirational words.

22 minutes ago, petemoss said:

My dream's better than your dream. ????

12 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Read your own post. No replies to the facts that I gave, just a barrage of insults. Pots and kettles....

Please point out my "insults" - or are you just being dishonest in an attempt to ignore the point made in my post? ????

I should of course report you for this deliberate lie, but it's probably better to let posters see the depths to which you are willing to descend.

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

My dream's better than your dream. ????

Causing a collapse in the economy with the loss of many jobs is better than my dream? Really?

Besides my dream has a good chance of becoming reality. Yours has none.

Thanks, but I'll stick to my dream. 

4 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Of course you would reduce yourself to the "Project Fear" line as so many other Brexit posters have previously .

Please feel free to continue with your made-up lies and assertions about remainers, as there's clearly no way you can discuss sensibly without resorting to insults/Brexiteers made-up terms etc. etc......

Big thanks to @dick dasterdly for the inspirational words.

T'was a Tebee reduction. I just pointed it out.

Since you bring up lies, assertions and insults, an interesting survey might be to count the remainer v leaver total insults on here over the last 3 years. A remain win, I think. And quite handsomely. 

16 minutes ago, Johnyo said:

You weren’t listening to the Brexit charlatans.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just about sums it up. These were the reassuring words used to persuade people to vote Leave, don’t worry as the impact on the economy will be minimal, and we’ll do much better.

Now it’s all about crashing out with no deal and no transition because “that’s what you voted for”?

The problem is that people voted for what you clowns told them ... and as you’re tune has now changed you require a mandate for a crash out Brexit. If people vote “no deal” you have a mandate, otherwise you don’t.

9 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Please point out my "insults" - or are you just being dishonest in an attempt to ignore the point made in my post? ????

I should of course report you for this deliberate lie, but it's probably better to let posters see the depths to which you are willing to descend.

"Of course you would reduce yourself to the "pink unicorns" line as so many other remain posters have previously" Insult No:1 

"continue with your made-up lies and assertions about brexiteers" insult No:2

"as there's clearly no way you can discuss sensibly without resorting to insults" insult No:3

"remainers made-up terms" Insult No:4

As I said "pots and kettles" And, don't forget, you started with the insults. Brexiteers always do. You can dish it out but you can't take it.

1 minute ago, petemoss said:

"Of course you would reduce yourself to the "pink unicorns" line as so many other remain posters have previously" Insult No:1 

"continue with your made-up lies and assertions about brexiteers" insult No:2

"as there's clearly no way you can discuss sensibly without resorting to insults" insult No:3

"remainers made-up terms" Insult No:4

As I said "pots and kettles" >And, don't forget, you started with the insults. Brexiteers always do. You can dish it out but you can't take it.

Stop baiting.

Just now, petemoss said:

I replied honestly to a post. How is that baiting? The post that I replied to was a baiting post. Don't like it up you, do you?

You make things up and then you actually start to believe them yourself, DD did not insult you.

Somethings never change.

Archived