Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

On 7/4/2019 at 8:32 AM, evadgib said:
On 7/4/2019 at 6:32 AM, 7by7 said:

I understand that yet again you refuse to give a straight answer to a straight question.

(HOW) Did you not understand #777?

Because, as ever, you simply wont give a straight answer.

Go on, give it a try.

On 7/4/2019 at 9:37 AM, CG1 Blue said:

If this is the case, why are the financial stories about companies moving away from the UK so widely reported in the main news channels? 

Both get the same sort of attention; some widely reported, others not.

Do you live in the UK? If you do, I suggest you pay more attention to all of both the broadcast and print media. 

You might just learn something.

23 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The lack of facts and rhetoric featured in the first post that I replied to in this sub-string (not to you). 

The vitriol (en Francais) featured in the second post I replied to in this sub-string (also not to you). 

Just a couple of links

https://www.ft.com/content/35af6808-9d77-11e9-9c06-a4640c9feebb?desktop=true&segmentId=d8d3e364-5197-20eb-17cf-2437841d178a#myft:notification:instant-email:content

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/truth-about-no-deal-brexit-is-dribbling-out-but-it-may-already-be-too-late-95pf02288?shareToken=716681bb94a0b8b2785848659c69264a

and from DAG

But one remarkable thing is how the Conservative Party which once valued unshowy pragmatism ended up so shallow and ineffective.

And another remarkable thing is that, three years after the referendum, Conservative MPs and members are set to elect as leader a politician who personifies the very shallowness and ineffectiveness of its Brexit policy.

Getting policy wrong is bad – but not learning any lessons whatsoever is arguably worse.

https://davidallengreen.com/2019/07/brexit-and-conservatism/

The Conservative Party is no longer about the art of doing the possible, but about the artlessness of promising the impossible.

It seems the same disease has infected many of the people who post here ...

Good to see the odious Tom Watson trying get Labour MPs to sign a declaration to remain in the UK.

Another nail in the coffin of democracy and an affront to those Labour voters to leave. Indeed, an affront to the manifesto that Labour campaigned on in the last election.

Do these people have no shame.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Warned..expects..if..

The truth dribbling out of Nixon's mouth is just his biased opinion, which is radiated daily in a similar way through his antisocial media accounts. 

Sometimes, when the picture is crystal, there are still some people, including brexit posters, who are blind to the reality. I feel very sorry that for whatever rationale, it's fictitious.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Good to see the odious Tom Watson trying get Labour MPs to sign a declaration to remain in the UK.

Another nail in the coffin of democracy and an affront to those Labour voters to leave. Indeed, an affront to the manifesto that Labour campaigned on in the last election.

Here's another example of how we could already be 'out'.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2019 at 11:32 AM, nontabury said:

Why should they respect the E.u. When we as a country have been railroaded into this so called union, without our consent.

Without our consent; other than the 1975 referendum and the agreement of subsequent democratically elected British governments.

No mention by you regarding the Leberal and Undemocratic party performing in t-shits with anti Brexit slogans. Or the action of the SNP to sit down as a protest while the E.u. anthem was played.

Because I was responding to posts about the Brexit party. I didn't mention England qualifying for the ICC World Cup semi finals for the same reason.

I thought the LibDems stunt to be pathetically childish.

I have sympathy with the SNP's reasons for acting as they did (I wonder if you know them; doubt it.) but believe joining the protesters outside would have been a better course of action.

As for you continuing to referr to the Brexit mep’s accepting their salaries, may I point out to you, that the British taxpayers pay for those salaries, 

I know that we do; and say so frequently!

through their charitable contributions to this so called union.

Through our agreed contribution to the union of which we are still an active member.

Interesting that you refer to us British taxpayers in the third person!

And has been mentioned by Nigel Farage on numerous occasions, he will be quite happy to forgo his salaries and perks, when we finally do leave this so called union.

He won't have a choice as he will no longer be a MEP; even Farage recognises he can't go on receiving a salary and perks when he's no longer in the job!

However, as long ago as December 2017 he emphatically stated that he would claim his MEP pension: Nigel Farage will take £73,000 EU pension ‘for sake of family’

I have not been able to find any statement from him since then in which he has changed his mind. I have also been unable to find any statement by him in which he says he will decline the large cash 'compensation' sitting British MEPs will receive when Brexit finally happens: British MEPs to bag lucrative post-Brexit payout.

Of course, British MEPs from all the other parties are the same, as far as I am aware none of them has said they will not claim this money; but unlike Farage they don't keep banging on about how wasteful the EU is and how much it costs us British taxpayers!

3 hours ago, wilcopops said:

I think you should read up on reporting bias......no I don't mean th perceived bias of one soide or the other about having their opinionated, I mean the scientifically proven bias against reporting "bad" news........... this has resulted in lesssthat 5% of medical papers eve reporting that there is no benefits to be found in a particular therapy. If you apply this to Brexit you find an almost total absence from the Brexit camp of reports as there are in reality NO "good" reports about Brexit, only bad ones.

Yes, blind to the reality.

2 hours ago, Jip99 said:

..and he/we won’t be bleating like little girls.

I guess you can simply bask in own juices in your beloved EU.

The sooner you bask the better.

It's got nothing to do with the EU. It's all to do about the Tory party who has sold Britain down the river.  

14 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I had no reason that Labour wanted to leave the UK, nor said so in their last manifesto.

Which part of the UK do they want to leave?

If you mean he is trying to persuade Labour MPs to sign a declaration to remain in the EU; you are correct. 

That you call him odious for so doing and cite it as 'another nail in the coffin of democracy' only shows that you, yourself, do not want people to have the democratic right to change their minds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stephenterry said:
22 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Here's another example of how we could already be 'out'.

Blame Tory Brexiteers, not anyone else. How many more times do I have to point out that the ERG Tories blocked the WAG, otherwise Britain would be out already?

They won't listen to you. I speak from long experience!

The TV Brexiteer mantra:

May's deal was a sell out, it's BRINO; but we won't say why we think so nor say what kind of deal we'd prefer because we don't know either of those things.

It's May's Remain supporting MP's fault that we didn't leave on schedule; even though it was Rees_Mogg and Corbyn playing politics with the UK's future for their own personal political gain which defeated may's deal three times in the Commons.

Farage can do or say no wrong.

Even the total collapse of the UK economy if the worst happens and we suffer the absolute disaster of a no deal Brexit won't get them to consider they may have been mistaken.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, luckyluke said:

As I don't understand English Humor, I am not sure how this has to been intrepreted? 

Kind of sarcasm? :  thinking the U.K. will never leave the E.U., so Mr. Farage will continue to get his income. 

Or than no humor or sarcasm at all. 

This is one of the problems with these Brexit threads, we seem to have a large % of none Brits, posting their criticism of Our decision to leave this so called union, who unfortunately don’t understand our humour.

• Like 1

No-deal Brexit is a tripwire into economic chaos

https://www.ft.com/content/e41124f2-9d88-11e9-9c06-a4640c9feebb

No deal is not a panacea, not a clean break and not an end to uncertainty. And Mr Hunt’s and Mr Johnson’s prescriptions for shoring up the UK economy are short on reason, as the Institute for Fiscal Studies has said. Businesses are not crying out for corporation tax cuts. Nor are they clamouring for red tape to be reduced. Yet we are sleepwalking into a no-deal Brexit on the back of these misconceptions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

This is one of the problems with these Brexit threads, we seem to have a large % of none Brits, posting their criticism of Our decision to leave this so called union, who unfortunately don’t understand our humour.

We  seen to have a larger % of posters on TVforums, who do not live in Thailand .

Unfortunately..

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

According to today’s Yorkshire regional T.V. What now remains of the Yorkshire fishing fleet is about to collapse, due to the overfishing of Our territorial waters by the E.u. fleet. But don’t you worry your little head, as I don’t suppose it will directly effect you. 

Wont affect expats, directly or indirectly .

Yorkshire forums , would be more suited , for your opinions..

Edited by elliss
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jip99 said:

That's because there are very few leave voters in labour - especially for no deal 

partyshifts.jpg?itok=GXDYbfbP

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tebee said:

That's because there are very few leave voters in labour - especially for no deal 

partyshifts.jpg?itok=GXDYbfbP

What absolute rubbish...

There were plenty of Labour voters in the 2015 referendum.

The referendum choices were yes or no.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

What absolute rubbish...

There were plenty of Labour voters in the 2015 referendum.

The referendum choices were yes or no.

But maybe not now !

• Haha 2

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:22 PM, Bluespunk said:

That’s is just absolute nonsense. And not very original as two posters have said the same thing before. 

I chose my career and in it I do not act like a coward and avoid difficult questions, meetings, facing those who may be hostile to my way of thinking. 

What is your career? Really curious.

Disclaimer - I'm an engineer who works in the real world with facts, science and an ongoing thirst for knowledge.

Edited by emptypockets
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

No you don't...really. Well not in a good way.

Then explain your use of the word curious. 

Disclaimer: I do not live in a computer simulated world, but do live in the real world. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Haha 1