Video: Dog owners warned as tick found in patient's ear

rooster59

Video: Dog owners warned as tick found in patient's ear

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTU2My83ODE2NDEwL25ld3Byb2plY3QtMjAxOS0wNi0yNnQyMjE4LmpwZw==.jpg

Caption: Wriggling!

A doctor went on Facebook to warn people who keep dogs after she found a tick wriggling away inside the ear of a patient. 

The blood engorged critter was 6 millimeters long said Sanook who added that such creatures live on dogs. 

Sanook said it had been a bad time for the nation's ears recently with a "jingjok" (lizard) found inside one recently.

And at the end of last year a tick was found in the ear of a four year old boy. It had been there a week and had laid eggs.

No eggs were laid on this occasion and Dr Piradee Chanmonthon was able to remove the tick. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-27

37 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

No eggs were laid on this occasion and Dr Piradee Chanmonthon was able to remove the tick

Ear today gone tomorrow then ..

38 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

found in the ear of a four year old boy. It had been there a week and had laid eggs.

The parents should have spotted that if they were interested in the kid's cleanliness .. 

A tick just lives in plants, trees, whatever, drop down on what is flesh and then find a place to hang on to. As dogs go everywhere they can collect the tick.

But just as easily you can pick up a tick from grass or walking in forest area.

THis one found a real good hiding place.  

3 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

The parents should have spotted that if they were interested in the kid's cleanliness .. 

I think the reason the parents didn't spot it is because they're probably dead. Have a closer look at the vid.

7 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Very unlikely that the parents would have spotted it. The tick was right at the bottom of the ear canal and the doctor was using an otoscope, which offer up to 40x magnification, to view it.

The largest variety of ticks around here are dog ticks, they won't feed on human blood - and only seem to get excited when introduced with the regular permethrine based anti-tick solutions or tick collars. Below my bi-daily tick collection plucked from my dog, before I got my hands on some Bravecto (had to have dog tested it doesn't generate symptoms first). Now every 12 weeks one Bravecto, and the dog is tick free, and the hordes of ticks seem to have moved on to some soi neighbours' pooches.  
 Image may contain: drink

7 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Very unlikely that the parents would have spotted it. The tick was right at the bottom of the ear canal and the doctor was using an otoscope, which offer up to 40x magnification, to view it.

Yep, before feeding them buggers are really tiny, here's 8 ticks squashed on one go lol
 No photo description available.

8 minutes ago, myjawe said:

Vinegar on dogs and where they sleep seems to do the job ! no need to inject any dangerous chemicals !

Believe me I tried just about everything from local hocus pocus to everything I found online before deciding to give a try with Bravecto - and that only after testing if he would have any reaction to it, as I've read many dogs have had adverse reactions including multitude of nervous system damage - luckily my pooch didn't get any bad reaction, so I'll take that over clearing hundreds of ticks by hand every other day. And it's not injecting, it's a "dog treat" that once consumed builds up in the hair follicles and spreads to the skin from there making instakill of any biting insects.

The shorter the dogs hair the less ticks. Then use Vinegar to Kill and Prevent Ticks on Dogs. A homemade spray solution of one part vinegar and one part water helps keep ticks and fleas away from your pets.

9 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

The shorter the dogs hair the less ticks. Then use Vinegar to Kill and Prevent Ticks on Dogs. A homemade spray solution of one part vinegar and one part water helps keep ticks and fleas away from your pets.

Sounds handy - the trouble is, do I want "Snowball" and "Cookie" to smell like a fish and chip shop?

????

Archived