How Long Until Mike Starts Talking About Selling New Restaurant?

Ulysses G.

We all know that the first thing that Mike does after opening a new restaurant is to start moaning about how bored he is of it and that he wants to sell it. The next thing he does is find a buyer.

I predict that he can't take it long out in the boonies. Any bets on how long it is until he starts to to talk about selling it? How long till he finds someone to actually take it off his hands?

:o

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to be a killjoy, but .. here's my advice.

When I find myself in times of trouble

Mother Mary comes to me

Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.

And in my hour of darkness

She is standing right in front of me

Let it be, let it be

Let it be, let it be

Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

And when the broken hearted people

Living in the world agree,

There will be an answer, let it be.

For though they may be parted

There is still a chance that they will see

Let it be, let it be.

Let it be, let it be

Yeah there will be an answer, let it be.

Let it be, let it be

Let it be, let it be

(instruments)

Let it be, let it be

Let it be, let it be

And when the night is cloudy,

There is still a light that shines on me,

Shine until tomorrow, let it be.

I wake up to the sound of music,

Mother Mary comes to me,

Let it be, let it be.

Let it be, let it be

Let it be, let it be

Let it be, let it be

"Let it be, let it be"

Actually, yeah, The Stones over this, any day.

But on another note, I dare say that we are the ones who are bored with our own projects if we got nothing to do other than speculate what Mike's gonna do. I'm sure Burger gossip and tales of swearing and cursing at the customers and workers will come our way....but I'll let others take care of that. I'm too busy to ...enough energy spent on this already.

"Let it be, let it be"

Actually, yeah, The Stones over this, any day.

But on another note, I dare say that we are the ones who are bored with our own projects if we got nothing to do other than speculate what Mike's gonna do. I'm sure Burger gossip and tales of swearing and cursing at the customers and workers will come our way....but I'll let others take care of that. I'm too busy to ...enough energy spent on this already.

you raise a good point - he'll have to be nicer out there!

"Youse guys must know a different Mike than I met two times. A gentleman! ......"

Actually Mike is a nice and charming guy with plenty of stories who makes a great product. All that is true. But he also has his moments. Just better to be on the good side of Mike. I used to cook and run restaurants too, it's just part of the culture. Lots of perosnalities involved. And lots of stories.

Wouldn't have Mike any other way.

If you're gonna quote lyrics at least have some taste...

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - The Rolling Stones

would be more apt..

In Thailand I prefer Brown Sugar :o

Getting back to the OP I am waiting for "Gettalife/Mike" to suddenly burst into the thread with the announcement that Mike/Gettalife is selling and happy to discuss transfer of the ownership papers. A lot of you guys seem to enjoy beating up on Mike. He has a definite personality but he knows how to start up a successful business and then sell it for a sizable profit. Good luck to him. I hope he does well out there but I don't play favourites, I think it is hard enough for anyone to make good here so I sincerely hope you all do well in your personal and business ventures.

I like Mike, but I couldn't resist joshing him about the inevitable. :o

I just hope that his next venture is something more innovative than another burger place; something that Chiang Mai needs.

A really good soup and salad place perhaps?

Edited by Ulysses G.

I like Mike, but I couldn't resist joshing him about the inevitable. :D

I just hope that his next venture is something more innovative than another burger place; something that Chiang Mai needs.

A really good soup and salad place perhaps?

I don't know him very well just from when I used to go to the original Mike's 'burgers and from Miguel's - perhaps you could suggest to him that he start up a creole kitchen and call it Michelle's? :o

Or, an Italian reataurant and call it Miquelitto's? :o

We have enough Italian restaurants already but we don't have a creole one - even if according to some of our unenlightened English members Creole is just bastardised French food served up to Americans who don't know any better :D

Mike has been threatening to open Chiang Mai's first good Pizza Parlor for some time now.

However, I'm afraid that the Duke's already beat him to it! :o

I had one of "The Dukes" pizzas today for the first time.. I have to agree with you. Nothing in Chiangmai even comes close to it 10/10..

We all know that the first thing that Mike does after opening a new restaurant is to start moaning about how bored he is of it and that he wants to sell it. The next thing he does is find a buyer.

I predict that he can't take it long out in the boonies. Any bets on how long it is until he starts to to talk about selling it? How long till he finds someone to actually take it off his hands?

I REALLY THINK THAT'S HIS BUSINESS IF AND WHEN HE SELLS.DON'T U? DOES ANYBODY TELL U HOW TO RUN UR BUSINESS? ARE U GOING TO BE A BAD PERSON IF U SELL(AND MAKE $$)OF UR SOON TO BE 5 GECKO BOOKSHOPS. ARE U IN A RACE WITH 7-11 TO SEE HOW MANY (AND HOW CLOSE) U CAN PUT UNITS? WELL, IT'S REALLY NONE OF MY BUSINESS-IT IS? CAUSE IT'S UR BUSINESS!!!!!!!! GOT IT? NOW. LET'S END THIS BORING "MIKE" CHAT AND LET'S TALK ABOUT AIR POLLUTION IT'S SO MUCH MORE REFRESHING.

I REALLY THINK THAT'S HIS BUSINESS IF AND WHEN HE SELLS.DON'T U? DOES ANYBODY TELL U HOW TO RUN UR BUSINESS? ARE U GOING TO BE A BAD PERSON IF U SELL(AND MAKE $$)OF UR SOON TO BE 5 GECKO BOOKSHOPS. ARE U IN A RACE WITH 7-11 TO SEE HOW MANY (AND HOW CLOSE) U CAN PUT UNITS? WELL, IT'S REALLY NONE OF MY BUSINESS-IT IS? CAUSE IT'S UR BUSINESS!!!!!!!! GOT IT? NOW. LET'S END THIS BORING "MIKE" CHAT AND LET'S TALK ABOUT AIR POLLUTION IT'S SO MUCH MORE REFRESHING.

as good as you imitate how others run their business, perhaps its time you imitate how others refrain from using "CAPS LOCK". its really offending to use caps in forums.

Mike has been threatening to open Chiang Mai's first good Pizza Parlor for some time now.

However, I'm afraid that the Duke's already beat him to it! :o

I had one of "The Dukes" pizzas today for the first time.. I have to agree with you. Nothing in Chiangmai even comes close to it 10/10..

I tried a duke's pizza after reading all of the raves on TV. I was disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high after reading TV>

Don't be so defensive Mike, er I mean getalife?

BTW, does you computer have a Caps Lock button?

Gettalife has a point, even if his name is all in lower case letters and he types in all capital letters. And maybe Ulysses is building an empire so he can sell the entire chain when he retires.

I've got to go back and get that chili con carne at In and Out. In Texas :o and California, you just say, chili and they know what you mean.

Gettalife has a point, even if his name is all in lower case letters and he types in all capital letters. And maybe Ulysses is building an empire so he can sell the entire chain when he retires.

I've got to go back and get that chili con carne at In and Out. In Texas :o and California, you just say, chili and they know what you mean.

bravo Blondie! u know what ur talking about. ulysses, sorry about the chat line etiquette didn't know capital letters were obscene characters. won't let it happen again, promise. can i use colors? are icons ok? i've got so much to learn. maybe i should buy "Internet for Dummies" from a good bookstore. know any? only kidding. ya'all don't forget to wear ur pollution masks so we can all be around a very long time so we can continue this meaningless banter. ciao bella

On our last visit to the USA my wife ordered chili from the menu. When it came she asked what the hel_l is this ????

:D

I'm not telling you how to run your business. I'm giving you a heck of a lot free publicity without having to pay for advertising.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth buddy. :o