Welcome to Thailand - and welcome to immigration queues!

Jonathan Fairfield

3rd world idea of how to impress the rest of the world with security, this what I experienced in early June. When I went out in May I forgot to take my keys out for the scanner, it did not go off. Looks like an impressive show of security if only it worked.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nong38 said:

3rd world idea of how to impress the rest of the world with security, this what I experienced in early June. When I went out in May I forgot to take my keys out for the scanner, it did not go off. Looks like an impressive show of security if only it worked.

The two AA batteries were probably flat - or swapped with someone else's Gameboy batteries.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roy Baht said:

For biometric identification purposes, fingerprints from only 1 or 2 fingers (index fingers or thumb) are usually sufficient. The fact that Thai immigration is taking prints from all ten fingers seems less like simple identification and more like they are gathering evidence for criminal prosecution.

I follow your concern, but look at the reality of it:

The logistics needed to scan millions of fingerprints against one sample would take forever to setup, maintain and fund.

So more than likely another pipe dream - same as CCTV evidence: A large proportion of the time a lot of these cameras are faulty or the images not saved or archived - we know that from numerous reports already.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Eligius said:

You are right: as far as I know, we cannot say 'no'. If we do, we shall be refused entry. So outwardly we are forced to go along with it - but inwardly (if we are true human beings with spirit) we will be railing at the criminal way in which we are increasingly being treated.

There really needs to be a world-wide revolution against the dehumanisation of global society which is proceeding apace. People are being turned into zombified slaves, and as the great Aldous Huxley predicted, people are being trained to 'love their servitude'.

Are you talking about Amazon warehouse workers.

• Like 2