Reporting on arrival?

Greetings all,

I will be arriving in Thailand on a Non-B (single entry 90 day) visa, coming from the UK on 17th July.

My employer is sorting out the work permit so I can be fully legal by the time I begin work.

I'm just a little confused about when I need to report to the immigration office. I have a place rented for me to move into on the day of arrival; do I need to report to the local immigration office right away and provide my address, or is it only after my first 90 day period of being in Thailand that this must be done?

Apologies if this is a somewhat naive question, I'm a newbie and couldn't find the information through searches.

Thanks for your consideration ????

3 minutes ago, natway09 said:

If you put address of the apartment on your TM 6 (arrival card) that should suffice but worth checking with landlord

TM6 address and TM30 reporting have no connection.

I did wonder if immigration at the airport would record the address in some way, hence negating the need for a visit to the local immigration office upon arriving at my accommodation. Guess I’ll do both to be sure...

38 minutes ago, ajahn said:

I did wonder if immigration at the airport would record the address in some way, hence negating the need for a visit to the local immigration office upon arriving at my accommodation. Guess I’ll do both to be sure...

I can't work out what the TM6 actually does.

I'm guessing the TM6 number goes in the computer but not the details on it. At the end of each 'shift' they all go in a box and are stored but for how long???

Years ago a friend lost his and on leaving was taken to the storage area and handed a dated box to go through and find the arrival part. Now however if you have lost your departure half you just fill in a new one at the desk and obviously that will have a different number so where's the tie up????

Prior to all the computer record systems they may have served a purpose now I just don't see the point.

Lets face it you could write any address on it and stay somewhere else. TM30 covers that I suppose.

Someone explain to me what purpose they serve. 

Visa/re-entry permit numbers go in the computer anyway and they are taken from your passport so it isn't for those two.

Edited by overherebc