Female pickpocket gang in London caught on camera stealing Thai tourist’s purse

rooster59

4 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

The video doesn't look to be as if it's a CCTV.     It looks ground level and taken by someone with the Thai couple.  It's clearly designed to focus on them specifically and got their reaction upon  discovering the theft.

They were making a video of their trip.

Nina Spencer, 51, and Toi McGurran, 51, were walking towards the Palace Theatre in London’s West End while making a video to share to their friends.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, soistalker said:

The difference is that if caught in London,  the thieves will do time in jail. In Thailand, it is a 500 baht fine with no jail time. 

I doubt anything will happen... I saw a documentary on Youtube..for the loitering at least theyre just told to leave the tube and must get the bus home

38 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Err,

Manpower? more pressing crimes such as stabbings, which are currently rife on the streets of London?

And speeding and driving while using mobile phones, crimes which are rife on the roads of London.

6 hours ago, SteveK said:

I'd be surprised if the London police can be arsed to investigate this at all, even with the video.

My daughter, a Criminology and Forensics graduate, had her purse pinched by pick pockets on a tube train. Again with video evidence. She spent ages and ages waiting at the police station for someone to take a statement. The level of interest of the android who did take it was about zero. 

The Met won't give a toss about petty crime, theft etc. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Kenchamp said:

Just looking at them tells me they are from there. 

Or a gang of east end girls out dipping.  Seen it many times over the years.  Truth is my guess is as good as yours.  Police are rounding them up along with the shoplifters on a daily basis and they come in all weights and sizes and all ethnicities.  First time I witnessed it was with my mum when she had her bag snatched in Oxford Street one Christmas.  That was fifty odd years ago and the thief was any Irish drunk!

Edited by dunroaming

50 minutes ago, richiejom said:

Colin...what do you mean anyway she speaks Thai throughout the whole thing except when she notices and says 'Oh my god' which is pretty much a universal phrase.. surely you've noticed Thai's adopt words from English..I don't even think theres a Thai version of OMG... unless she was to say 'Arai neer'..(What's this)

When I first came to Thailand early 90's Thai clients regularly used "OMG' as an expression. All my daughters Thai friends still do today.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Or a gang of east end girls out dipping.  Seen it many times over the years.  Truth is my guess is as good as yours.  Police are rounding them up along with the shoplifters on a daily basis and they come in all weighs and sizes and all ethnicities.

What you say is basically true. But many petty criminals and criminal gangs doing these types of street crimes in London are East Europeans. 

My relation, a serving NCO in the army, caught a thief on a bike who grabbed an old lady's handbag. Detained him until police arrived. Thief was Romanian.

You can bet the two Thai victims of these scum are wondering why the hell the British allow these people into their country to lead a life of crime while being supported by the benefit system.

They offer nothing and are a huge drain on our economy and services and such an unnecessary expense is one reason why Sterling is now 38 B to the GBP. But as they're usually Roma, gypsies, hedgehog gobblers or whatever they call themselves the politicians who want us to remain in their precious EU and the PC crowd down at the NUJ have nothing to say about it.

One of the reasons why we voted for Brexit. Could you see Thailand allowing these sort of leeches into their country year in year out. All they do is thieve and sell the big issue on street corners.

They dunno what real work is and laugh at our stupidity when they get back to their mansions in Romania. Just like the Germans and the French do for treating these creatures like royalty.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

What you say is basically true. But many petty criminals and criminal gangs doing these types of street crimes in London are East Europeans. 

My relation, a serving NCO in the army, caught a thief on a bike who grabbed an old lady's handbag. Detained him until police arrived. Thief was Romanian.

Why does Engerland let in these eastern european scumbags? 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

You can bet the two Thai victims of these scum are wondering why the hell the British allow these people into their country to lead a life of crime while being supported by the benefit system.

You are right the Thai's prefer to welcome in Russian gangsters, drug dealers, drunks and paedophiles.  And for a handful of Baht they will allow them wallow in the swamp!

At the moment where I live we are being cursed by "Nottingham Knockers".  Not from Nottingham as far as I know but the name relates to gangs from the north.  They come round during the day knocking on doors looking for vulnerable people (usually elderly) and if they can't distract them and steal something there and then they  come back later and break in.  Probably taking tips from the Irish tinkers.

I am not naïve and there are plenty of Eastern Europeans in Britain who are out there doing petty crime.  But just as all Brits in Thailand aren't drunks or paedophiles, all Eastern Europeans aren't pickpockets and thieves.  Just visit any hospital in the UK and check out the doctors and nurses.

In the words of the Prophet Moses " I really don't give a tinkers cuss" shit happens all over the world in every major capital and big city to small sleepy country backwaters, why is everyone making such a fuss ??

Give it a rest and get a life. :coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

It wasn't a "London camera system" it was the Thais' own video.

Thought this was common knowledge so sorry for the 2 paragraph omission in my original post.

It was clear to a few others that with over 400,000 London cameras, law enforcement would be able to track and locate these women now that they are aware of which footage to check based on where the crime took place .[ Similar to the 2 cases of grafitti artist in Thailand who were tracked to their guest houses using a network of cctv cameras..]   

This is the "London camera system" I was making a reference to.  

https://vintechnology.com/2011/05/04/top-5-cities-with-the-largest-surveillance-camera-networks/

A recent sampling found that 41 percent of public premises in London have CCTV equipment, and they estimate there is around 420,000 cameras in the city of London. ... Today, the U.K., as a whole, has the largest network of surveillance cameras with an estimated 1.85 million cameras, or one camera for every 14 people.

Edited by Seth1a2a
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

You are right the Thai's prefer to welcome in Russian gangsters, drug dealers, drunks and paedophiles.  And for a handful of Baht they will allow them wallow in the swamp!

At the moment where I live we are being cursed by "Nottingham Knockers".  Not from Nottingham as far as I know but the name relates to gangs from the north.  They come round during the day knocking on doors looking for vulnerable people (usually elderly) and if they can't distract them and steal something there and then they  come back later and break in.  Probably taking tips from the Irish tinkers.

I am not naïve and there are plenty of Eastern Europeans in Britain who are out there doing petty crime.  But just as all Brits in Thailand aren't drunks or paedophiles, all Eastern Europeans aren't pickpockets and thieves.  Just visit any hospital in the UK and check out the doctors and nurses.

I never said anything about the Thais welcoming anyone, but you just have!

What Russian gangsters, drug dealers, drunks and paedophiles do they welcome. I used to see many of them and they were never any trouble. Where do they come to in Thailand and do they get given housing and benefits. I don't see any Russian criminals or even very few drunks when I holiday in Pattaya.

Those who prey on the elderly in London where this crime was committed are black muggers and EE or Irish tinkers and gypsies.

Edited by yogi100

7 hours ago, CGW said:

Look on the brightside ????

At least the taxi drivers & Chinese tourists can have a respite :crazy:

One thing is for sure,  you would not take a dump in a London black cab taxi.

Central locking as soon as you get in. 

But then again,  the meter charge might cause a bowel evacuation. 

23 minutes ago, Seth1a2a said:

Thought this was common knowledge so sorry for the 2 paragraph omission in my original post.

It was clear to a few others that with over 400,000 London cameras, law enforcement would be able to track and locate these women now that they are aware of which footage to check based on where the crime took place .[ Similar to the 2 cases of grafitti artist in Thailand who were tracked to their guest houses using a network of cctv cameras..]   

This is the "London camera system" I was making a reference to.  

https://vintechnology.com/2011/05/04/top-5-cities-with-the-largest-surveillance-camera-networks/

A recent sampling found that 41 percent of public premises in London have CCTV equipment, and they estimate there is around 420,000 cameras in the city of London. ... Today, the U.K., as a whole, has the largest network of surveillance cameras with an estimated 1.85 million cameras, or one camera for every 14 people.

Only 25.9 million (1.85 x 14) people in UK? 

50 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

And while you're at it check out the patients. There are wards in London hospitals where you hardly hear a British voice let alone a Thames Estuary accent.

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

So a Thai gets pickpocketed, and some people on here try to make it about quality tourism, how foreigners feel in Thailand, Thai are so poor, etc.

The negativity towards Thailand and Thai people in general in overwhelming again.

This is TVF, little tea and sympathy here.

Plus much of the negativity is well directed. 

No smoke without fire.

It could have been anyone of them. 

The story would non existent then. 

"Thai who lives in UK with UK husband gets pickpocketed"

Not quite the same impact is it?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Only 25.9 million (1.85 x 14) people in UK? 

My website quote,  but not my numbers.  They could actually be omitting the areas and individuals not affected by the surveillance.  Farm/ rural, Industrial ect... , but most estimates of the numbers of  cameras usually start pretty high . I was just answering  "Just Weird" who seemed to think I thought the victims video footage was cctv footage.......

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maverell said:

Last year 80% of offenders convicted of pick pocketing in London last year were from Romania.

In the fluffy frenzy of EU expanding rapidly they took in all sorts of second tier countries in the east. Now old European countries and by proxy UK are reaping the fruits of that world hugging idealism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1