Putin says Russia will do all it can to improve ties with U.S.

rooster59

Putin says Russia will do all it can to improve ties with U.S.

By Katya Golubkova

2019-06-29T153657Z_2_LYNXNPEF5S09X_RTROPTP_4_G20-SUMMIT-PUTIN.JPG

Russian President Vladimir Putin speaks during his news conference on the sidelines of the G-20 summit in Osaka, Japan June 29, 2019. Yuri Kadobnov/Pool via REUTERS

OSAKA (Reuters) - Russia's president said on Saturday that Moscow would do all it could to improve relations with the United States that have been strained by years of diplomatic conflicts over Ukraine and accusations of Russian meddling in U.S. elections.

Vladimir Putin was speaking at the G20 summit in Osaka where he met U.S. President Donald Trump to discuss issues ranging from trade to disarmament. He also invited Trump to visit Moscow in May next year.

Trump confirmed that Putin had invited him to a ceremony to mark 75 years since Russia's World War Two defeat of the Nazis.

"He invited me and I said I would give it very serious consideration," Trump told a news conference after the summit.

Putin described the talks in Osaka as a "good meeting, business-like, pragmatic" and said the leaders agreed that two-way economic ties required improvement.

"I think we both understand that we need to somehow resolve the current situation," Putin said, adding that the two nations needed to "somehow find the strength to turn the page and move forward."

Asked during a news conference at the summit about the probability of more U.S. sanctions against Russia, Putin said it was up to Washington to decide how best to build relations with Moscow.

Putin said he and Trump had discussed the election meddling allegations and the situation in Venezuela. But he gave no details.

(Reporting by Moscow Newsroom; Additional reporting by Chris Gallagher in Osaka; Writing by Olzhas Auyezov; Editing by Alexander Smith)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-06-30

51 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

He [Putin] also invited Trump to visit Moscow in May next year.

I wonder what the chances are that Melania will strongly insist on coming along. ????

Edited by helpisgood
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, keith101 said:

Putin admitted on camera in front of Trump that yes they did interfere with the election to get Trump elected in the hope that sanctions would be lifted so Trump saying it never happened is just more BS from him .

That's how strong leaders act. Admitting what they are doing/have done. Not paying off Stormy on the quiet.

• Haha 1

The 2016 Russian collusion debacle is ancient history...the new Russian collusion starts now...the 2 leaders worked out the details during the G20...this is politics in the 21st century...the rule of law and Constitution have been irreversibly damaged by Obama's appointed crooks and Hillary's scamming the system...Trump has inherited a broken government and will milk the chaos.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JulesMad said:

ANYTHING, dead or alive, is better than the orange idiot! At least Carter was NOT paid or elected by the Russians, so that makes him a lot better POTUS than the present FHOTUS ????

To be fair, I think W. Bush still leads in the rankings of "worst president." But Biff has certainly come from behind to surpass Carter, who held the pole position for almost a quarter of a century.

2 minutes ago, zydeco said:

To be fair, I think W. Bush still leads in the rankings of "worst president." But Biff has certainly come from behind to surpass Carter, who held the pole position for almost a quarter of a century.

Is "Biff" Trump ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JulesMad said:

ANYTHING, dead or alive, is better than the orange idiot! At least Carter was NOT paid or elected by the Russians, so that makes him a lot better POTUS than the present FHOTUS ????

'Paid'?  evidence? links?  proof?  or more vile, bile fake news?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Exactly. He's a great leader who has pulled Russia from the mire of Yeltsin and is greatly loved in Russia but most people.

I see you share your hero's admiration for despots. Says it all and none of it is good.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, BobBKK said:

This probably won't make any difference to those who are set in their views of 'reds under the bed' but I have been to Russia many times, know many Russians and have friends there still. Most Americans who trash Russia and Putin think it's a cold place with long queues for food etc. It used to be like that in Soviet days and then Yeltsin arrived (or stumbled more like) and the place was a shambles. Putin is no angel, obviously, but I can tell you Russia as stormed ahead under his leadership. More importantly, Russians, generally, support and love him. He turned Russia around and THAT is a fact. 

Before I began my visits (whilst Yeltsin was in power then for many years after Putin arrived) I believed much what most of you believe, what the press told me. I found it to be wrong. Russians like a strong leader, it's in their culture, and I know many snowflaky Americans might not like it but it has proved very successful. It makes ultimate sense for Russia (China too) and dear 'Ole USA to have friendly relations but it's not helped by the spurious MSM (particularly CNN) trashing them at every opportunity with 'Russia meddling' nonsense 'as if' USA never meddles in other countries.

Russians are warm people with a huge heritage in the Arts and Sciences. You would think, in this new millennium, we could cooperate and thrive as one humanity. Before USA lectures Russia on 'how to live' it needs to sort out its own huge problems with shootings every other week, people dying daily from drug overdoses and one half of America hating the other half. I think most of it is pure brainwashing and so many lap it up!  it's, it's, it's, the Reds and of course it's all their fault! 

Russia’s HIV/AIDS epidemic is getting worse, not better

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/06/russia-s-hivaids-epidemic-getting-worse-not-better

Poll shows Russia's trust in Vladimir Putin falls to all-time low

Ongoing conflicts in Ukraine and Syria have led to a dramatic drop in the popularity of the Russian president.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/01/poll-shows-russia-trust-putin-falls-time-190122184309853.html

The Russian Economy Is Stagnating

GDP growth since the start of the year has been well below forecasts.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2019/05/27/the-russian-economy-is-stagnating-a65760

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BobBKK said:

This probably won't make any difference to those who are set in their views of 'reds under the bed' but I have been to Russia many times, know many Russians and have friends there still. Most Americans who trash Russia and Putin think it's a cold place with long queues for food etc. It used to be like that in Soviet days and then Yeltsin arrived (or stumbled more like) and the place was a shambles. Putin is no angel, obviously, but I can tell you Russia as stormed ahead under his leadership. More importantly, Russians, generally, support and love him. He turned Russia around and THAT is a fact. 

Before I began my visits (whilst Yeltsin was in power then for many years after Putin arrived) I believed much what most of you believe, what the press told me. I found it to be wrong. Russians like a strong leader, it's in their culture, and I know many snowflaky Americans might not like it but it has proved very successful. It makes ultimate sense for Russia (China too) and dear 'Ole USA to have friendly relations but it's not helped by the spurious MSM (particularly CNN) trashing them at every opportunity with 'Russia meddling' nonsense 'as if' USA never meddles in other countries.

Russians are warm people with a huge heritage in the Arts and Sciences. You would think, in this new millennium, we could cooperate and thrive as one humanity. Before USA lectures Russia on 'how to live' it needs to sort out its own huge problems with shootings every other week, people dying daily from drug overdoses and one half of America hating the other half. I think most of it is pure brainwashing and so many lap it up!  it's, it's, it's, the Reds and of course it's all their fault! 

I remember when I was a kid in school! I much preferred the fire drills as opposed to the air raid drills.Back in the day the USSR,communism  and their  nuke missiles were being drilled in our heads! I lived in Miami during the Cuban missile crisis!We lived in some very scary times back then. Real fear!

I often wished we could have got along.  The media and the dems sure have propagandized this current situation!  They keep on dividing America with their constant drilling of Russia Russia nonsense ! 

Propaganda and the thirst for power never changes! Someone once said the media will be the down fall of western civilization!

Edited by riclag
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1