Application for visa from Phnom Penh

Hello,

My friend from Serbia was rejected at Don Muang today and came back to Siem Reap where he was departed.

He wants to apply to Thai embassy in Phnom Penh for tourist visa.But I worry for him as I am not sure that embassy issues TV or not.Anyone who got Thai visa from there?? Any recommendations?

Edited by Lincoln88

What visa did he have for entry to Thailand. Serbia is not on the list of countries that get a visa on arrival or a visa exempt entry.

See: http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/filemanager/VISA/Visa on Arrival/VOA.pdf

He should be able to apply for a tourist visa at the embassy in Phnom Penh. Best if he uses an agent to do the application.

• Like 1

I have ZERO knowledge re how folk from Serbia are treated. Thing is your friend has found himself in not best country for setv. For sure he should consult an agent. PP has record of issuing visa and instantly stamping it void. I cannot state from personal experience, but I have read on TVF that the agents (good ones) will advise on chances. Some members with personal experience will advise. Good luck.

• Like 1

Has your friend spent time in Thailand before? If not, a tourist visa in Phnom Penh should be possible. If he has spent time in Thailand before, we could form a better impression of his chances if we knew something about his history of previous visits. As @ubonjoe stated, he should have been aware that he needs a visa to enter Thailand.

• Like 2

OP, yesterday you were asking for advice on how to extend visa exempt entries after extending SETVs and getting reentry permits, and today your Serbian friend gets denied at DMK?

This is becoming sort of what they call in Spanish "telenovela". In English they call it "soap opera".

As others have advised, your friend can contact an agent in Phnom Pehn and they will tell him what his odds are.

Don't worry for him, your own repeated visa history should be more of an immediate concern, if I am to assume your postings to be genuine, which of course I do ????

By the way, I am currently in Phnom Penh but I am applying for education visa. I just went there earlier and Embassy is very small and a lot of people. But the queue moves very fast. Use grab app to call Tuk tuk, Most of the time less than 30 baht. 

13 minutes ago, kevin612 said:

I don’t know why people keep asking for an agent. Just go to the website and read the requirements.

When applying for visas in Phnom Penh, you will find the website does not document the conditions under which you will be issued with a voided visa. That is why the experiences of others, allowing us to assess better the chances of a successful application with the correct paperwork is valuable.

• Like 2