U.S. lawmaker describes 'horrifying' conditions at Texas migrant facility

webfact

34 minutes ago, daoyai said:

Define "them",, do you mean the "guest worker" migrant worker program?  It was and is a vital part of U.S agriculture. Not really part of this issue.

Were the employees that Trump's clubs recently fired part of that program?

I do hope people understand that these migrants were all given dept cards before they left there homes .cell phones and chargers in hand.  even CNN took video of all them getting off buses at the border. Go search you tube for some of the videos. A border facility that has 100 beds and 60,000 thousand people arrive in a month is a total over kill to handle. Congress would not pass an emergency bill to add funding for the problem

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yogi100 said:
2 hours ago, Thainesss said:

????

The water used to flush toilets may be the same water from the same source as that used for drinking. It is in the UK.

actually once at a pattaya hotel the room water stopped after midnight and staff just smiled and said "mai pen rai" i had gotten back from a night on the town.  ended up buying the largest water bottles at 7 eleven and used them to drink, shower and flush toilet. i complained at booking . com but it was not until the next day that they changed my room.

Edited by atyclb

Next move of the whole politically orchestrated circus...."it is a disgrace that these people were not granted US Nationality/green cards as they have no place to go"....if that is so, I'll fly over to the closest border and claim me green card or better

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tug said:

Proof?

well here she is weeping uncontrollably at the wire fence surrounding the facility...oh hang on seen from another angle its the fence adjacent to the car park....the democrats want open borders to gerrymander a permanent left wing govt..the rest of this SJW act is just BS

https://youtu.be/z70MO8I9rJ4

Edited by johnnyonesock
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, habanero said:

So, what is you people expect? The Holliday Inn? The idea is to discourage them from coming to the U.S.. Not encourage it.

The government signed an agreement to provide basic hygienic conditions. Lawyers for the government argued that providing soap was not necessary to meet those conditions. Republicans don't believe in global warming, evolution, and, apparently, the germ theory.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thainesss said:

My favorite part of threads like these and lunatic politicians like AOC is that nobody EVER has a solution or recommendations. Just grandstanding for personal gain, virtue signaling, lying, and demonizing. 

Republicans have been banging on about this issue forever and the leftwing radicals have been blocking any maneuver to do anything about it because they want it to get horrible so they can use it as political ammunition. 

They want to let them in and take care of them for votes and let our own citizens rot on sidewalks with needles sticking out of their arms. 

Its an absolute shame and embarrassment to the nation.

Trump promised to fix it and had 2 years controlling both houses.

So instead of fixing it he has made it worse. He has given himself emergency powers to fix it. What has he done?

He even said months in advance that thousands were coming. Absolutely no excuse for him not to be prepared.

Trump has made a medium issue into a catastrophic issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Sujo said:

No, the law is to hold them until their claim can be sorted. But that doesnt mean having kids in those conditions.

Its just so ironic that Trump supporters wanted him to fix this issue and its only gotten worse. Yet they defend him.

You omitted that trump contributed in different ways to the worsening.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You omitted that trump contributed in different ways to the worsening.

For one thing, the Trump administration is still trying to find children that it separated from their parents. The Trump administration is toxic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Tug said:

I want to know at 775$per head per day who is getting the money?there is a swill trough if I ever saw one that’s your Donald at work lol 

Many of these are private facilities and a Google search will show who the beneficiaries are.   I believe it is a bit off-topic here.

• Like 1

The DHS has put out a Management Alert, concerning overcrowding and prolonged detention of adults and minors.   

It's a further damning report from a government agency.   The overcrowding is so bad that in some of the facilities it is standing room only, it is not possible to sit or lie down.   It includes pictures:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dhs-inspector-general-report-reveals-squalid-conditions-at-migrant-detention-centers/

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Credo said:

Many of them do show up with basic supplies and with medication.   It is confiscated from them.   Did you think they were staying at the Holiday Inn?

They probably thought they would be staying at a Holiday Inn.