Talk of coup rears its ugly head again

webfact

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Many experts in TVF, full of them. More experts on TVF then there are CIA/special forces/ex SWAT/ex SAS members etc then in the bars of Soi 6 Pattaya. ????  Perhaps there should be a special "Experts" forum

"Ex" is a "has been", a "spurt" is what happens when you put a drip under pressure...

10 hours ago, BobbyL said:

It is a shame that the Thias aren't as passionate about democracy and politics as the Hong Kong citizens.

Perhaps in another generation or so. 

Social awareness, political savvy and educational level of the public are necessary before they can get passionate about change. Putting food on the table is also a priority. An empty stomach does not encourage idle fantasy about political change. 

I am not one to worry unnecessarily but I do think that those of you commenting on this thread should check out the link alluded to by londonthai on page 8 and then the link provided by lemonjelly, it makes for interesting and maybe disturbing reading, Apirat comes across as a really nasty piece of work, and I believe the inference from the Nikkei report is that the old guard will be put out to pasture and the top mans most loyal soldiers will continue to run the country.

Where that leaves you and I, I have no idea, but I feel that the future is far from certain.

1 hour ago, Charlie1 said:

Was planed from  the very beginning. The problems with minister posts are self-inflicted, but ON PURPOSE. It will secure another 4 to 5 years in the hand of weirdos. If the people don't love you like your father, you compensate with an iron fist.

Submission.  Control.

Exterminate.

Thai politicians and their backers cannot deal with sharing government.  The current Thai PM is no prize winner. But the restorative climate from the date of the Coop in 2014 until the date of this recent election proved to be stabilizing. Rabble Rousing political parties over the last 4 years show no benefit to Thailand. 

10 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

They don't need another coupe, they need a massive popular uprising like the French Revolution, including bringing the guillotine back. 

Don't forget the tumbrils and the chairs for the little old ladies to do their knitting whilst watching the heads roll.

5 hours ago, spermwhale said:

I have many Thai friends that are deeply upset about this "election" and I assume they are a reflection of a majority of the population as my friends come from all walks of life. And they have shown their passion in the past as evidenced by the yellow and red shirt movements with widespread occupations of the streets, etc. 

But they never seem to protest against coup leaders with the passion they have in the past against democratically elected governments. 

They realise that they have a chance of enforcing change upon an elected government - at least a chance of forcing them to call an election.

Against a military junta? Well, as they used to say on the ranges: "Targets will fall when hit!"

11 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Given the frequency with which Thailand has had coups in the past, you have to say the next one is probably overdue already.

Hope the next junta , has better dress sense .

Red would be nice , people friendly in essan..

6 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

They can't help themselves, the dears; once an authoritarian general, always a bully ready to threaten to have their way or else.

Prams and tantrums ain't in it.

Establishment rules , everywhere .

6 hours ago, alzack said:

This Man could never accept a weak collision government his way is I want this Now,my way or else  an aerosole  but i think the young people are waiting to challenge him

That would be a grave loss , of young lives .

Just now, elliss said:

That would be a grave loss , of young lives .

Just now, elliss said:

Keyboard warriors , to the front line ..

Behave! aren't politicians just carrying on like before ? They aren't that interested in running the country for the benefit of the people, what they are interested in is where they sit on the gravy train. You may not like the general, but, he has stopped them for the past 5 years, he tried to get projects moving and still, they put things on hold, have another fact find survey costing millions and offer to start the ball rolling again in a few years, wanna had a bit, so stop again another fact finding survey. The so called politicians have their minions in government departments helping them funnel funds through companies and other programs that lead to nothing. hardly any of them can stand up and say OK lets get the show on the road, and get this country running. What if he asked all with over million baht to work for the next five years for no pay, how many of them would say yes? 

So what did you expect? With a coup perpetrator(!) 'playing' the PM, his 'mentor' having been busy with the same before, the appointed army chief's father as bad a coupist as his son dreams to become... And all the rest of the so-called 'nationalist', royalist' flock of would-be fascists (actually, 'fascism' had quite a bit of positive sides I can't find anything of with this sub-human trash). Wonder what the Father of the Country would have been telling this bunch, when He would still be with us...?

No! No! Not another Coup! Oh why not, as it is standard practise in the land of fickle.

I'm really confused now, but then again I'm in Thailand with the most Coups compared to any other country, including instability, now that is something to be proud of. Why not have yet more public holidays to celebrate all 19/20/21/22, what ever the number is, I lost count after 18, Coup days? Why not hold a Coup on each past Coup day date? Why not clebrate Coup days with yet more public holidays with plenty of dancing, drinking, eating, getting drunk, drink driving plus a few road deaths and murders thrown in for light entertainment, usual Thai style.

Tourism is up, no it is not it is down, no it is up, no it is not it has been going down for the past few years, no it has not!!!!????

Fickle..

Paradise.

A coup led by whom? The current PM is the militaries man of choice (or so it appears). Unless what you are suggesting is the current PM wishes to be a full fled dictator, and with the militaries help, wants to toss all other opposing groups in another coup...

"However, Prayut’s reference to this so-called “undesirable solution” was widely interpreted as an impending military coup."

To wit, two who, a two-headed coup. A not so instant replay.  Get a dictator who will take charge unabashedly.

(Oh, sorry, that's been tried every 5-10-15-20 years over the last century or more.)

5 hours ago, phetpeter said:

Behave! aren't politicians just carrying on like before ? They aren't that interested in running the country for the benefit of the people, what they are interested in is where they sit on the gravy train. You may not like the general, but, he has stopped them for the past 5 years, he tried to get projects moving and still, they put things on hold, have another fact find survey costing millions and offer to start the ball rolling again in a few years, wanna had a bit, so stop again another fact finding survey. The so called politicians have their minions in government departments helping them funnel funds through companies and other programs that lead to nothing. hardly any of them can stand up and say OK lets get the show on the road, and get this country running. What if he asked all with over million baht to work for the next five years for no pay, how many of them would say yes? 

Are you joking? The army not riding on the gravy train? Do you still believe in fairy tales? Obviously you don't know Thailand and the history of the army there.

12 hours ago, Joromei said:

This is ridiculous  they need every Thai on the streets 

Last I checked it seemed like every Thai was on the streets (trying to kill each other with their motor vehicles). :stoner:

18 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

The man has a short fuse and lacking wits and I think it’s an off the cuff remark. You know he can’t initiate a coup without the army backing. He no longer has that direct command of any military force. Plus he don’t have the backing from incumbent elites who are casting worried eyes on

the declining economic situation. In fact I see him dispensable and looking for an exit strategy. Just my worthless 2 cents opinion and wishing hard he will go peacefully????.

In his sleep tonight.

what is interesting is the general has become much more short tempered since the election so one can expect him to make a rash decision or decisions before long if he does we might see a coup of a different kind

Archived