Police round up 24 women drinking companions in Bangkok clubs

snoop1130

Police round up 24 women drinking companions in Bangkok clubs

By The Nation

800_84c532beb77d80c.jpg

Police early this week rounded up 24 women from Laos and Vietnam who worked as drinking companions at clubs in Bangkok’s Khlong Ton, Ratchadapisek and Huai Kwang areas for inspection over a suspicion that they might be involved in prostitution, a senior officer said on Tuesday.

Immigration Bureau chief Pol Lt-General Sompong Chingduang told a press conference that the 21 Laotian and one Vietnamese women might be at risk of being victims of prostitution and human trafficking crimes and thus proactively checked on them.

Officers found that the women carried passports and most had a 30-day tourist visa, while others had a work visa related to another profession, but none had a work permit for club jobs.

The women had frequently returned to their home countries when their visa expired and re-entered Thailand in order to maintain their legal stay, he said.

The women were later passed on to case investigators to proceed with legal actions.

Source: http://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372140

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-02

44 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Police early this week rounded up 24 women from Laos and Vietnam who worked as drinking companions at clubs in Bangkok’s Khlong Ton, Ratchadapisek and Huai Kwang areas for inspection over a suspicion that they might be involved in prostitution,

Blimey .. Maybe Bangkok Fed's should be transferred to Patt's .. 

• Like 1

i agree with post 6, many of my *friends * have gone to work in KOREA, they say Bangkok has been dead for 6 months in fact i know a thai lady who went to Korea , is now lording it up in the UK, good for her i say

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Female Drinking Companions ?!!....Wow, now that's a nice new terminology....but what if the female Drink Companions paid for their drinks as they were just so lonely, so far from home ? .. Surely it's allowed now ?

• Like 2

I don't know what any cop in any country hopes to achieve.

This is the oldest profession known to man. (no pun)

When a woman thinks she can't keep on going then she just legitimizes it with marriage.:cheesy:

17 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

Let me be the first to say it: 

I thought this was a job reserved only for Thais?

Many Thais are heading for Korea, Japan and Singapore... apparently more "buck for the bang"

there are now vacancies!

13 hours ago, mercman24 said:

i agree with post 6, many of my *friends * have gone to work in KOREA, they say Bangkok has been dead for 6 months in fact i know a thai lady who went to Korea , is now lording it up in the UK, good for her i say

One of your so called *friends* is now living it up in the UK?

you mean a prostitute has managed to lie her way past immigration..?

..then unless your *friend* had now changed her occupation, she is one of the reasons those of us with legitimate families find the immigration process so difficult relocating back to a home country.

You are part of the problem for encouraging it.

Edited by NightSky
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the 21 Laotian and one Vietnamese women might be at risk of being victims of prostitution

lol. There's only one reason they went all the way to BKK, and it was not for having a drink.

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

24 women from Laos and Vietnam who worked as drinking companions

What normal man sit and drink with women? The norm is that men try to escape their wifes for a few hours to have some cold ones with their mates.

• Like 1

trying to understand what is going on.

In case I go to a bar, and have a chat with another person, subsequently me or the other gets two drinks, one thereof a gift to the companion, the companion can get arrested for being a drinking companion ?

Good that there are no bars here, that I now of, where one can ring a bell to announce a round !!
Could have gotten rid of quite a few nasty buggers in those (were the) days .... 

4 hours ago, NightSky said:

One of your so called *friends* is now living it up in the UK?

you mean a prostitute has managed to lie her way past immigration..?

..then unless your *friend* had now changed her occupation, she is one of the reasons those of us with legitimate families find the immigration process so difficult relocating back to a home country.

You are part of the problem for encouraging it.

Can't prostitutes have legitimate families then?

By the way, prostitution isn't illegal in UK.

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

olice early this week rounded up 24 women from Laos and Vietnam who worked as drinking companions at clubs in Bangkok’s Khlong Ton

Aren't those called "Karaoke" establishments?  Omg.  What will Thai men do.  Drop in the bucket, never-mind.  

Just now, connda said:

Aren't those called "Karaoke" establishments?  Omg.  What will Thai men do.  Drop in the bucket, never-mind.  

BTW, more nice graphics.  Wonder what the budget is for the BiB graphic design offices?  ????

• Like 1

"24 women drinking companions", 22 of them without work permit in an institution which, for once, is not an alien den of ill repute. 
Those living here a little longer will remember the "Turkish Bath" houses all over town, the "No Hands Restaurant" and all those other companionship establishments; I am always amazed with what kind of new vocabulary they "break news". 

12 hours ago, Traubert said:

Can't prostitutes have legitimate families then?

By the way, prostitution isn't illegal in UK.

Working without a valid visa or permission to remain is illegal and I doubt prostitution warrants a valid working visa or permission to remain.

In addition to short stay visitors gone awol working in masseuse  brothels, or marriages of convenience only for those to divorce and remain in the UK in the past have made things difficult for legit families to travel..

..It’s the few illegals who ruin it and make it difficult for the legit families to travel freely with ease.

Edited by NightSky