In a Bit of a Predicament

So coming back from a trip down south yesterday I lost my passport either on the plane or disembarking the plane here in Chiang Mai. 

Called air asia already and they dont have it and will head to the airport first thing tomorrow to see if they have it at lost and found.

Here is the predicament 

my visa is up and I have to leave in 16 days to get a new one 

I am on 13 14 15th month of a Multiple O visa and i got the last 3 month stamp at Mai sai couple months ago.

So if they do not have my passport at the airport then I not only have no passport but I also have no way to get a replacement in time (they say 4 weeks) additionally how do I handle having nothing to show immigration ie no visa no nothing 

Whats the procedure in a situation like this.

You don't mention your nationality, but most embassies can issue an emergency travel document which should allow a temporary extension whilst a proper passport is ordered.

Did you keep any scans / photos of your lost PP? Do it next time ????

British and I do have a picture copy of my passport but not the visa 

So an emergency document and then to thai immigration to get an extension until the new passport arrives  is that correct 

Or do I have to leave on the emergency document ?? (planning on doing my visa in Vietnam 

Just now, Hogs said:

So an emergency document and then to thai immigration to get an extension until the new passport arrives  is that correct 

Or do I have to leave on the emergency document ?? (planning on doing my visa in Vietnam 

I should think that immigration has all your details on their computer so with a name, date of birth and passport number your visa will be found, best to contact immigration. 

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:

You don't mention your nationality, but most embassies can issue an emergency travel document which should allow a temporary extension whilst a proper passport is ordered.

Did you keep any scans / photos of your lost PP? Do it next time ????

good idea BUT TOO LATE in this posters case......

7 minutes ago, Hogs said:

Afaik the emergency travel document can only be used to travel back to your home country, but i might be wrong, never had to get one.

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

I should think that immigration has all your details on their computer so with a name, date of birth and passport number your visa will be found, best to contact immigration. 

OHHHHHHHHHH Yeah they probably have BUT THEY WANT/NEED to see originals......

Once you have an emergency passport you could go to immigration and they could check your records and stamp your permit stay from m your most recent entry in it. Your visa was lost with your passport.

If you are married to a Thai you could also apply for a 60 day extension to give you time to get a new passport.

You would not be able to get a new multiple entry visa with the emergency passport since it only valid for a year and you need a year of validity when you apply for it.

You will need to do police report for your lost passport. 

The embassy issues the emergency passport.

See here to get a new passport. https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

8 minutes ago, essox essox said:

good idea BUT TOO LATE in this posters case......

Not correct.

6 minutes ago, essox essox said:

OHHHHHHHHHH Yeah they probably have BUT THEY WANT/NEED to see originals......

No they do not. They can look in their computer records and see his current permit to stay and stamp it in the emergency passport.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Once you have an emergency passport you could go to immigration and they could check your records and stamp your permit stay from m your most recent entry in it. Your visa was lost with your passport.

If you are married to a Thai you could also apply for a 60 day extension to give you time to get a new passport.

You would not be able to get a new multiple entry visa with the emergency passport since it only valid for a year and you need a year of validity when you apply for it.

You will need to do police report for your lost passport. 

The embassy issues the emergency passport.

See here to get a new passport. https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

My visa ends 18th so even if they stamp it till then I am still screwed unless I can get an extension till my new passport comes and I can then do My visa run 

I really dont want to go back to the UK not lived there for 35 years so would really be inconvenient to have to do that 

I am married to a thai but did not have the marriage visa I just had an O visa which expires on the 18th and that was the 15th month

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not correct.

No they do not. They can look in their computer records and see his current permit to stay and stamp it in the emergency passport.

he does NOT have emergency passport YET....he did not know that one could get one.....thats why I suggested he try Trendy House.......

1 minute ago, essox essox said:

he does NOT have emergency passport YET....he did not know that one could get one.....thats why I suggested he try Trendy House.......

What is trendy house google search says a condo building

1 minute ago, Hogs said:

My visa ends 18th so even if they stamp it till then I am still screwed unless I can get an extension till my new passport comes and I can then do My visa run 

Apply for the 60 day extension.

1 minute ago, Hogs said:

I am married to a thai but did not have the marriage visa I just had an O visa which expires on the 18th and that was the 15th month

You can apply for the 60 day extension to visit your wife after they stamp your current permit to stay in the emergency passport.

No need to go to the UK. 

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Apply for the 60 day extension.

You can apply for the 60 day extension to visit your wife after they stamp your current permit to stay in the emergency passport.

No need to go to the UK. 

OK sorry just want to be clear 

my last visa was a 12 months multiple O which I used and now am on the last 15th Month 

They will give me a another 60 days even though I used my last visa up to 15th month

If yes what do I need to take with me to get that 

Just now, Hogs said:

What is trendy house google search says a condo building

If you go through the steps for getting a new passport you understand what trendy is for. That is where you will apply for the new passport.

The embassy will issue the emergency passport since you do not have enough time left to get a new one.

You will apply for it online here. See: https://www.gov.uk/emergency-travel-document/how-to-apply

1 minute ago, Hogs said:

They will give me a another 60 days even though I used my last visa up to 15th month

The 60 day extension can be applied for with any type of entry. You do not need a valid visa to apply for it.

The 60 day extension will start from the 18th since that is your current permit to stay.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Afaik the emergency travel document can only be used to travel back to your home country, but i might be wrong, never had to get one.

It's not limited to flying home, the only possible limits will be countries that won't accept it.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If you go through the steps for getting a new passport you understand what trendy is for. That is where you will apply for the new passport.

The embassy will issue the emergency passport since you do not have enough time left to get a new one.

You will apply for it online here. See: https://www.gov.uk/emergency-travel-document/how-to-apply

I see Chiang mai now has a passport office do you know if it possible to get one from there or is it a trip to bangkok

2 minutes ago, Hogs said:

I see Chiang mai now has a passport office do you know if it possible to get one from there or is it a trip to bangkok

For a normal passport it can be applied for there. It might be close but you might be able to get a new passport by the 18th. It can take about two weeks now to get it on average.

The emergency one can only be issued by the embassy in Bangkok. Check with them about it.