EVA Strike! What is happening from Bangkok?

RAZZELL

I have a friend who is supposed to be travelling back to the UK with his wife this Friday.

The EVA website is pretty hopeless - are planes flying from BKK to London?

If not, are they re-booking passengers on other airlines or are you left to your own devices?

Many thanks :wai:

RAZZ

I travelled with EVA to Amsterdam last month and was supposed to fly back on the 6th of july,coming saturday.

The flight was cancelled and i took the first flight back which was last monday by KLM.

I was told to contact the Bangkok office for compensation and they said the standard amount is 180us dollars.

I payed 41000 baht for prenium economy and flew back economy class.

I think i should get more compensation but have no idea how to go about this,any ideas?

10 minutes ago, jvs said:

I travelled with EVA to Amsterdam last month and was supposed to fly back on the 6th of july,coming saturday.

The flight was cancelled and i took the first flight back which was last monday by KLM.

I was told to contact the Bangkok office for compensation and they said the standard amount is 180us dollars.

I think i should get more compensation but have no idea how to go about this,any ideas?

Get onto their facebook page and annoy the shit out of them. I had a ticket booked with fly dubai before they abruptly cancelled their Thailand hub. Was told no refunds until i started on their facebook page and even then it took 8 months

my advice is outside of major carriers is to avoid booking more than a few weeks in advance, to many going belly up

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jvs said:

Refunds in a normal situation are one thing. Refunds due to a labor strike are a different thing.

Below is from EVA's website on the strike under the Q&A section:

https://www.evaair.com/en-global/emer/strikeinfo.html

There's no mention below of any kind of standard, limited refund amount, so I'd wonder what's going on with that!

How can I obtain a refund because my flight is affected by Strike? Is any refund penalty applied?

If your flight is cancelled or delayed due to the strike, EVA will exempt your ticket refund from service fees.

If you purchased your ticket from a travel agency, please contact that agency for a refund. 

If you purchased your ticket from an EVA Air Office, please contact the office that issued the ticket for a refund. 

If you purchased your ticket through the EVA Air website / EVA Mobile APP, please use the Refund Ticket link below or go to "Book and Manage Your Trip" at www.evaair.com and select "Refund Application/Inquiry" to submit your refund request. Refund Ticket/Inquiry. 

If the ticket you originally purchased from the EVA Air website / EVA Mobile APP has already been rebooked and reissued by an EVA Air Office, please contact that EVA Air Office for a refund.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Refunds in a normal situation are one thing. Refunds due to a labor strike are a different thing.

Below is from EVA's website on the strike under the Q&A section:

https://www.evaair.com/en-global/emer/strikeinfo.html

There's no mention below of any kind of standard, limited refund amount, so I'd wonder what's going on with that!

Yes that is one of my questions to them.What are your rules on this?Show me how you calculate this amount.They kind of hint to me,take it or leave it!!!That additude makes me want to dig deeper.

I have a feeling a few mails will go back and forth.