Extension of "retirement visa"

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Still going on. It seems counter indicative that you check a person has enough money to live on, and then block their ability to spend it!

Spot on!

+1.

I imagine that's how they stayed the only country not colonized in the area and only lost a couple of thousand people during WWII as opposed to millions and also accounts for the strength of the baht.  [emoji1787] 
I doubt they are anything to do with it. It's a backward country, that's why a lot of us are here otherwise we would have stayed in a more developed country

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Grace obtains the extensions from Roi Et Immigration.

He lives in Phuket …… sure about that, because now according to Immigration records he has a Roi Et address.

One of the ChiangMai agents apparently uses one of the Chonburi area offices.

4 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Then does the agent take care of 90 day reporting, and remove any need to visit their home Immigration office.. avoiding the dreaded TM 30 requirement? How about a Re-Entry permit? I would fear going to Immigration.

Or do you just move there?....... Roi-Et, no ta!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Ebumbu Posted 1 hour ago

The IO was flirting with you! What could be more obvious?

Don't think so and not with a 74 year old age pensioner! I challenged this and said it is not a marriage extension and was told requirement now for retirement extension. So left with no choice I then supplied required picture.

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

he lives in Phuket, with a phuket address an does his 90 day reports here.
the extension was issued in Chonburi, has been dong it this way for years ????

Seems phuket is well aware of this

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Still going on. It seems counter indicative that you check a person has enough money to live on, and then block their ability to spend it!

During the "Think Tank" meeting, not one person came up with this thought.  What were they thinking you ask?  

6 hours ago, connda said:

Completely at the whim of individual immigration offices.  Official Police Order states "2 months", but...... This Is Thailand.

Best to direct your question to an Immigration Officer at your immigration office.  Then you'll know 'their' policy.  

My standard rule is to ask at least 2 people and if the answer is consistent I am satisfied, if not, I will ask until a majority.  Never ask the helper at the desk and if I get a deer in the headlights or any hesitation I toss out that answer.  The lack of knowledge or confidence here is stunning and the ability to blurt out a wrong answer is common.
Not many actually read or comprehend policies or procedures, it's usually handed down and only those with a need to know.

17 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I imagine that's how they stayed the only country not colonized in the area and only lost a couple of thousand people during WWII as opposed to millions and also accounts for the strength of the baht.  ???? 

Thought you were leaving?

14 hours ago, khastan said:

Ebumbu Posted 1 hour ago

The IO was flirting with you! What could be more obvious?

Don't think so and not with a 74 year old age pensioner! I challenged this and said it is not a marriage extension and was told requirement now for retirement extension. So left with no choice I then supplied required picture.

Nong Khai is certainly a very inconsistent imm office, tell you one thing and then tell you the opposite.

When first applying for a retirement visa there they require a photo of you sitting on the sofa in your lounge room, then sitting on your bed, then standing together with your partner even though we aren’t legally married (just because she came with me to the imm office) and finally standing next to your house number.

It would seem they are now extending it to the extensions, probably change again next week. Its all just to make it difficult for some farangs if they don’t like your face, they get some kind of enjoyment from it.