UK economy shrinks as Brexit, global worries mount: PMI

snoop1130

3 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Yes, the use of "ultimately" does allow for indefinite postponement. As in "Jesus will ultimately return."

All in good time , our Lord acts in strange ways , do not despair .

UK is  going in one direction , down the pan at a pace .  Thx brexitears.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Yes, Brexiters did not expect that their country would be treated just like any other nation that was not a member of the EU. What they expected was so much favoritism that it would make remaining in the EU a comparatively bad deal. This was explained over and over to Brexiters but to no avail.

Silly Billy.

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

A broad brush but incorrect. Most Brexiteers still here that were also on TV in 2016 did not expect a no problem Brexit. Far from it. We did not expect the EU to offer up such a crappy "deal" and then actually expect that it would be accepted, either!  

Well what did you expect? 

From sunny uplands to having cake and eating it, the easiest deal in history and loads more for the NHS, to...?

'Well yes, it's going to be calamitous. But at some undefined point in the future things will be looking up. Probably.'

You could say the same about the aftermath of a nuclear war. Let's all let fly with the ICBMS, then. Such arguments are frankly risible.

Edited by baboon

On 7/3/2019 at 9:33 PM, champers said:

No sweat. 160,000 Tories will choose the PM, everyone will piss off for their 6 week holidays, then we have the party conferences, then Brexit will get a look in ...  maybe.

Never a truer statement made ,  may i quote Shakespeare ,

Democratically elected Goverments , are there to fill their pockets , one purpose only.

Edited by elliss

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I expected a dirty fight. I ignored the BS and promises from both sides, as I will ignore your imagined perceptions and non-comparisons, which are frankly...risible.

So what did / do you believe in? How do we extricate ourselves from this mess? Do you want the UK to remain intact or is it just England you care about?

You are welcome to slag me off all you want, but can't you see we are all of us in the UK are in real, real trouble and that either side blaming it away is just making matters worse?

Can we not compromise before we rip ourselves apart?

20 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

No arguments  , just empty slogans as we slip into the obscurity and economic decline. Pathetic.

All is not completely lost . 

UK may return as  a third world country . 

If EU ,  allows ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, nontabury said:

To have a different view is one thing. To undermine the Democratic decision of the British people,is something else. 

Is it democratic to hide facts and to tell lies?

I think it's a right for democracy to review decisions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, baboon said:

So what did / do you believe in? How do we extricate ourselves from this mess? Do you want the UK to remain intact or is it just England you care about?

You are welcome to slag me off all you want, but can't you see we are all of us in the UK are in real, real trouble and that either side blaming it away is just making matters worse?

Can we not compromise before we rip ourselves apart?

I don't think that my post contained any more slag than yours. I did and do believe that the UK should leave the EU (my reasons have been given numerous times over the last 3 years and I'm not doing that again). I did and do believe that leaving would be/is messy but I did and do believe that if the EU had been able to accept the loss of the UK as a member, then they could have facilitated a reasonable exit that would have been relatively painless and even beneficial for both sides. 

That it is all such as mess means that there can be blame cast in several directions and on to both sides but I agree that helps nothing now. But compromise should work both ways and it seems the EU have not recognized that yet. The UK was giving way to the EU from the outset of these "negotiations". And look at how well Cameron got on with the EU when he asked for a few things before the referendum - hopeless after 3 years - if the EU had compromised then, then there probably wouldn't have been a referendum! 

The WA is punitive to the UK and shows few compromises from the EU. It looks like they will not change it now but I hope they can relent, so that a sensible deal can be done. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, potless said:

I dont need any credibility to state an opinion. I am not the Governor of the Bank of England making periodic negative statements.

Pretty much every industrialist and economist is making exactly the same statements. One can have blind faith and dismiss the overwhelming consensus as a huge conspiracy or one can be logical and take the warnings on board.

Its odd , when buying a new car or domestic appliance most sensible people read expert opinion and proceed accordingly.

Strangely though when it comes to the biggest decision for decades , huge amounts of people not only reject expert opinion , they seem to find resentment in it even being offered.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

You were told in the debates that "they need us more than we need them" was bull scheid ... you were told during the debates that the Good Friday Agreement would be an issue ... you were told that you could not "have your cake and eat it" ... you called it "project fear"? 

And now you can't deal with that reality ... it's all the fault of the EU or remainer's who fail to "believe" enough?

Smiley face please ... what a joke!

Looks like someone had a good evening. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Enki said:

The Bath is gaining against all currencies because of the laws forcing foreigners to deposit 400k/600k depending on visa.

The GBP is losing against all currencies because of BREXIT and foreign countries/companies moving out of GB.  

So you poor britts are in a lose/lose situation.

What a riot. So funny.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nauseus said:

Looks like someone had a good evening. 

Looks like, as ever, someone simply cannot face the truth that not only was he was lied to by Elliot and Cummings, he was foolish enough to believe those lies!

16 hours ago, AlexRich said:
21 hours ago, johnnyonesock said:

money money business business money money...not one mention of the fact that 52% of the people that voted did so over their concern for the destruction of their culture, heritage, traditions,increasing crime rates,house prices skyrocketing,school places,NHS waiting lists etc etc...money money business business money money.

Yes, all nothing to do with the EU. 

They voted leave about things that a UK government created. Isn't it ironic?

They voted for these reasons because both the official and unofficial leave campaigns concentrated on them; even though they knew such issues had nothing to do with the EU and leaving would not solve them.

When remain campaigners tied to debate the possible economic realities of leaving, they were simply labelled 'Project Fear.'

What's remarkable is that three years later there are people who still believe the BS they were fed.

• Haha 1