TM.30 - not reporting many times over ... 1 fine or multiple ?

22 minutes ago, berybert said:

Do what I did. Take a break for a day in a hotel a few miles from where you live, make sure you get a receipt to prove you stayed there. Then go to immigration the following day to do a TM30 and you might not get fined.

I didn't. 

Is that a serious suggestion. All reports I have read (cw being main threads),.  Your suggestion is to avoid 800baht fine by doing that nonsense. You stated you did it with success. Please tell me this was not CW imm..... Surely your wasted time and transport costs would not justify it.

• Haha 1

Actually even in Chiang Watanna it appears most late reporters are not being fined.  But no clear criteria has been obvious.  If fined it will be a little longer process as have to pay that at the 90 day report area and a two step process.  

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Is that a serious suggestion. All reports I have read (cw being main threads),.  Your suggestion is to avoid 800baht fine by doing that nonsense. You stated you did it with success. Please tell me this was not CW imm..... Surely your wasted time and transport costs would not justify it.

I was going way for a couple of days anyhow. So did my extension of stay a few weeks early and the TM30 too. Don't worry I didn't spend 5000 baht to save 800.

19 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually even in Chiang Watanna it appears most late reporters are not being fined.  But no clear criteria has been obvious.  If fined it will be a little longer process as have to pay that at the 90 day report area and a two step process.  

So my next extension based on retirement late Oct at CW will not incur 800 baht fine. Even though I exit renter los every fortnight. Without file tm30? Yes or No

are ASEAN member states citizens to report their address in Thailand as well ?

Nobody knows, nobody asks, they roam freely in and out, as long as they keep stay within a month with no restrictions whatsoever.

I ask because when i told some of them they thought i was joking.

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So my next extension based on retirement late Oct at CW will not incur 800 baht fine. Even though I exit renter los every fortnight. Without file tm30? Yes or No

The question was one fine or many - my answer was one and that some were being fined and other were not with no apparent pattern.  Now you want me/us to provide a yes or no answer to an event in the future?  

5 hours ago, hgma said:

are ASEAN member states citizens to report their address in Thailand as well ?

Nobody knows, nobody asks, they roam freely in and out, as long as they keep stay within a month with no restrictions whatsoever.

I ask because when i told some of them they thought i was joking.

All foreigners are supposed to.  My wife is Laotian and she reports like I do.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:28 AM, DrJack54 said:

If you put your address on the arrivals form and that is where you stay then you shouldn't get a fine.

1 hour ago, berybert said:

If you put your address on the arrivals form and that is where you stay then you shouldn't get a fine.

So...right now I'm in pattaya. Just came down for weekend. About to head back home (condo) to bkk.

When I get there no need tm30. On next Fri I go Saigon back Monday. No need tm30 when I back my bkk room? 

On 7/5/2019 at 5:27 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

I did my first ever TM30 in 14 years, by mail to Chaeng Wattana.  Took 3 weeks to get the receipt back, but no fine.

Good to hear. I filed mine by mail to CW IMM on 18 June, so on 9 July it will be 3 weeks, and I hope I can report the same success.

On 7/7/2019 at 1:38 PM, samtam said:

Good to hear. I filed mine by mail to CW IMM on 18 June, so on 9 July it will be 3 weeks, and I hope I can report the same success.

Yesterday I received my acknowledgement from CW IMM for my TM.30 mailed-in filing, so it took just over 4 weeks. Whereas we had filed 2 TM.30 forms for each of us as co-owners and foreigners, and resident aliens, IMM only returned 1 receipt "for 2 persons". The envelope was the SAE to my partner, and the receipt issued to me, and they returned the SAE with unfranked stamps.

Anyway, now completed, so I will in future file online. 

On 7/5/2019 at 7:18 AM, lopburi3 said:

I made my TM30 yesterday at CW and got fined 800 baths, and it seems everyone late was fined.

My experience: last month myself and two friends submitted our TM30s at CW. Since arriving last year, two of us had stayed in hotels that had already submitted TM30s and we were not fined. The officer had the hotel stay details on her screen and it was months after arriving in Thailand - not 24 hrs. The other who had only stayed in his wife’s house since arriving and had not previously submitted a TM30 was fined 800 baht. My wife even told the officer that she hadn’t submitted an updated TM30 since I arrived back in her house in Bangkok from the hotel last year and the officer said doesn’t matter - no fine. Wife then asked her if I go on holiday within Thailand and stay in a hotel does she have to redo the form when we return - she said yes.

Is one supposed to keep the TM.30 receipt stapled to your passport, like the 90 day report receipt?

Yes the officer stapled my TM30 in my passport. When I went for my yearly extension a week later it was checked.

9 minutes ago, The Maltese Falcon said:

Hi so if you put the address on your visa application then you go to stay somewhere else and go to immigration to do the TM30 what happens will they except it

What visa are you applying for. Meaning what visa to enter Thailand. Why would you be going to immigration. I mean apart from the tm30 you mention.

9 hours ago, The Maltese Falcon said:

Single entry put hotel name on visa application but go to condo instead then go to immigration to do the TM30 will they except it

Immigration would not know what address you put on the application form at a embassy or consulate since they have access to that info so certainly not a problem.

9 hours ago, The Maltese Falcon said:

Single entry put hotel name on visa application but go to condo instead then go to immigration to do the TM30 will they except it

You should not have to be doing this - the owner/provider should do the report for you.  As for accepting directly from you CW probably will if you have a lease agreement but other offices may have different policy and there may be requirements for home register of property and ID card copy of owner and even power of attorney paperwork.

13 hours ago, guru said:

Yes the officer stapled my TM30 in my passport. When I went for my yearly extension a week later it was checked.

We are a foreign couple who own our own condo, and we submitted 2 TM.30s and all the relevant documentation for each (2x). The receipt we received for the TM.30 was issued to me only, but "for 2 aliens" living in the residence, as detailed on the A4 sheet, with both names, passport numbers etc, (which is signed by the same IMM officer as the receipt). So my partner should staple a photocopy of my TM.30 receipt, plus the A4 details of aliens to his passport?!

Presumably those who file online don't receive a hard copy receipt, so they cannot attach anything to the passport.

I think I might just be inclined to show the hard copy when/if I need to go to CW, otherwise the passport is overflowing with attachments, which sometimes get detached by those wanting to photocopy your passport, (such as a hotel in Samui in my case, and not restapling it back in).

5 minutes ago, samtam said:

I think I might just be inclined to show the hard copy when/if I need to go to CW, otherwise the passport is overflowing with attachments, which sometimes get detached by those wanting to photocopy your passport, (such as a hotel in Samui in my case, and not restapling it back in).

You do not have to keep the report slips in your passport. You can take them out keep them someplace safe and show them at when needed at immigration.

• Like 1