Thai producers complain of China’s imposition of GMP on durian

webfact

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

I don't expect the U.S. Department of Agriculture would reference fake news in its article relative to 2014.

maybe the USDA wouldn't reference fake news, the problem is the Chinese never respect their obligations on any international agreement and I don't think the USDA followed up to check

On 7/5/2019 at 5:03 AM, fforest1 said:

This is good....Durian is to expensive...

For the last decade or more Thai Durian producers have been over hyping their fruit and growing more. Now as 10 year Durian production is in its prime the growers are bitching because they can not sell their fruit at grossly over inflated prices.  Don't get me wrong, I like Durian but the greedy growers have only themselves to blame. I think it is a Thai thing that they can not grasp the realities of oversupply and market pricing, and the oversea market can be equally supplied by quality Durian grown in other countries and sold at realistic prices.

• Like 2

For the last decade or more Thai Durian producers have been over hyping their fruit and growing more. Now as 10 year Durian production is in its prime the growers are bitching because they can not sell their fruit at grossly over inflated prices.  Don't get me wrong, I like Durian but the greedy growers have only themselves to blame. I think it is a Thai thing that they can not grasp the realities of oversupply and market pricing, and the oversea market can be equally supplied by quality Durian grown in other countries and sold at realistic prices.
Demand and supply.
They don't get it.
And thinking ten years ahead... lol
What do you expect from a population that doesn't know what to do tomorrow?
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CLW said:

Demand and supply.
They don't get it.
And thinking ten years ahead... lol
What do you expect from a population that doesn't know what to do tomorrow?

And most of the male population don't even know what they did yesterday  ????????????

• Like 2

On 7/5/2019 at 1:23 PM, Mavideol said:

understand that any and all products should have a quality controlled certification system to obey by what I don't understand is why China is asking for one from Thailand since China doesn't have one in it's own Chinese products, laughable.....

Yes they do.

They use ISO9001, accredited by CNAS.

• Sad 1

this is confusing.  why complain? 

china demand for quality durian is unlimited, so reducing the supply of export-quality fruit will raise the price.  great reward for growers that meet international standard.

substandard growers can still sell their entire production domestically, as the locals can now afford to buy.  watching their neighbors who grow to standard buying new cars might give them some incentive to improve their methods.

i think the chinesers call this win-win.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2019 at 9:15 AM, Srikcir said:

I doubt it with co-founder and CEO Jack Ma being a member of the Communist Party Politburo.

If he wants to continue being a billionaire, he'll comply with the GMP.

Here are the members of China's Politburo.

Note the absence of Jack 'Pony' Ma.

China Politburo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1