Easy Flu vaccination

moogradod

I am thinking of getting a yearly flu vaccination in the Pattaya area. I do not intend to spend significantly more than 30 minutes overall on this extremely easy procedure and it should be reasonably priced.

Any idea of a hospital, clinic, doctor (exept for the excessive BPH) ?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Did really nobody had a Flu shot recently around here ? I hope I am not asking for too much (OK, maybe the 30 minutes is a bit demanding here, but exactly this is to be found out.

A waste of time in my view.  I had those injections in the UK each year and got a bad cold each time for my effort.  Then I heard that the vaccine doesn't even protect against that many flu strains at all and that the makers take a punt each year's vaccination batch on what the worst strain is going to  be for that season.  Needless to say, they are often wrong. From that moment on, I didn't bother.  I have not had flu, or a bad  cold since I gave up that unnecessary procedure.  I imagine that many feel the same, hence your lack of replies. 

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I imagine that many feel the same, hence your lack of replies. 

Agreed.  I will never take another flu shot.  The one time that I did I got terribly sick and with the mercury, aluminum and other heavy metals in them, it is a no go for me.

• Like 1

I get it for free in the Netherlands over 60s.the one year I didn't get it I got the flu and then pneumonia.The flu itself doesn't kill you it's the pneumonia that does it.I will always get it, if I was young I probably wouldn't.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Agreed.  I will never take another flu shot.  The one time that I did I got terribly sick and with the mercury, aluminum and other heavy metals in them, it is a no go for me.

To my knowledge,  a vaccine like fluarix does not contain any of these substances.

30 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

A waste of time in my view.  I had those injections in the UK each year and got a bad cold each time for my effort.  Then I heard that the vaccine doesn't even protect against that many flu strains at all.

The vaccine does not protect 100%. But at least it protects more than 0 %. Had a shot every year for decades in Switzerland and never got sick from it. For some medical personnel a flu vaccination is even mandatory in Switzerland.

• Like 1

......but obviously more precise info on the location of this "Bangkok Pattaya Clinic" is needed. It is not Bangkok Pattaya Hospital I suppose, but there are locations with a similar name in Jomtien etc. etc. Where exactly is the real thing ? Thanks.

I've been getting flu shots for the last 12 years.. flu free for 12 years.. don't listen to the naysayers.. it may not be 100% effective but it is better than going without.. especially this year when it is proving to be one of the worst flus in years... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

I've been getting flu shots for the last 12 years.. flu free for 12 years.. don't listen to the naysayers.. it may not be 100% effective but it is better than going without.. especially this year when it is proving to be one of the worst flus in years... 

Not for me it's not. 

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

......but obviously more precise info on the location of this "Bangkok Pattaya Clinic" is needed. It is not Bangkok Pattaya Hospital I suppose, but there are locations with a similar name in Jomtien etc. etc. Where exactly is the real thing ? Thanks.

Bangkok Pattaya Clinic is on Sukhumvit across from Big C in South Pattaya. I had my flu jab done there earlier this year. Quick and not expensive.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Pattay City Hospital should have it at reasonable price.

May i ask you Sheryl if my timing is right ? I had my last fluarix shot (including Swine- and Birdflu) in Oktober 2018 in Switzerland. The vaccine for the new upcoming strains is ready (at least there) only later on this year. But the timing in asia might be different. I read that it is best to vaccine before raining season here. If I do it now is this OK for the upcoming flu season then or should I wait ?

Australia has reported over 100 deaths so far from influenza

Those who are immune compromised or over 60 years of age should seek advice about becoming vaccinated

The number of travellers from Australia could be carrying the virus, but not displaying symptoms or suffering ill effects

The injection may feel a little sore at injection site for few days.

You will not contract the flu from the injection, this is scientifically not possible.

Worth reading the link below 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/may/07/flu-experts-predict-4000-australians-will-die-from-influenza-this-year

• Like 1

May i ask you Sheryl if my timing is right ? I had my last fluarix shot (including Swine- and Birdflu) in Oktober 2018 in Switzerland. The vaccine for the new upcoming strains is ready (at least there) only later on this year. But the timing in asia might be different. I read that it is best to vaccine before raining season here. If I do it now is this OK for the upcoming flu season then or should I wait ?
There are 2 different flu vaccines: "Southern Hemisphere" and "Northern Hemisphere".

What you will have gotten in Switzerland is Northern Hemisphere and is not effective against the common strains of influenza in SE Asia.

In addition to being different vaccines the timing differs. Northern Hemisphere vaccine is normally advised in the fall. Southern Hemisphere in late spring/early summer.

What you will get in Thailand is Southern Hemisphere vaccine and available now but does not protect against flu in European countries.

A few places in Thailand will offer both e.g. Travel Clinics.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1