New Requirement - Fingerprint report at Jomtein

I had extended my O-A retirement for two years already. The current one is expiring on 31 July 2019. I went to Jomtein Immigration on 02 July 2019 with all the relevant papers. After almost an hour of waiting, the IO looked at all papers and told me everything is perfect but you need finger printing to be done. I informed him that upon arrival at Suvarnabhumi Airport on 01 July, my finger prints were taken. He took me to some senior official inside a room wherein I was informed that certain nationalities (I hold an Indian Passport) need their finger prints to be taken by immigration and that cannot be done at Jomtein. I need to go to Bangkok (or Chonburi about which they were not too sure whether it can be done there or not). Anyone have heard of this new requirement? Anyone has information whether this can be done at Chonburi (as i prefer to go there rather than go to BKK).?  Thanks a million in advance.

Fingerprinting may be required for certain nationalities. I have seen nothing official or any other reports about it.

I would think the local police could do the fingerprinting that could then be take to immigration. The are apparently wanting a fingerprint card done not the digital ones done a the airports and border crossings.

• Thanks 1

Whether it is justified or not, you are on the Thai immigration watch list.

Indian, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and others on the list.

You will most likely have to go to Police Headquarters in Bangkok (near Siam) where they have a division who handles and maintains the fingerprint records.

17 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

You will most likely have to go to Police Headquarters in Bangkok (near Siam) where they have a division who handles and maintains the fingerprint records.

That should not be required. Any police station can do the finger prints. They do the finger prints to apply for a police clearance certificate by mail.

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That should not be required. Any police station can do the finger prints. They do the finger prints to apply for a police clearance certificate by mail.

You mean to say that I can do it at Pattaya police station near Central Festival? If so, why would the official at jomtein immigration tell me that I need to go to Bangkok or Chonburi? Any light on that? 

3 minutes ago, excellfriend said:

If so, why would the official at jomtein immigration tell me that I need to go to Bangkok or Chonburi? Any light on that? 

Because he doesn't actually know. 

Try Soi 9 in Pattaya, what is there to lose. There is a helpful lady in there with good English and the Farang volunteers. 

Edited by jacko45k

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Hopefully for him correct.

He should go to Pat PD and ask and report back here to confirm.

Edited by bkk6060

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Because he doesn't actually know. 

Try Soi 9 in Pattaya, what is there to lose. There is a helpful lady in there with good English and the Farang volunteers. 

Soi 9 does not offer this service unless you arrested and charged and Soi 9 uses ink on paper .

siracha is where it’s done, it’s digital scan straight into computer and database 

21 minutes ago, excellfriend said:

You mean to say that I can do it at Pattaya police station near Central Festival? If so, why would the official at jomtein immigration tell me that I need to go to Bangkok or Chonburi? Any light on that? 

because left hand does not know what the right hand does/should do!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

What next, DNA test needed for an extension? this is getting ridiculous now.

Not really, they are finally catching up to the rest of the world to make sure no convicted or blacklisted people come back or be caught if on the run

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

What next, DNA test needed for an extension? this is getting ridiculous now.

I hope so.

With my former employment and not being or intending to be a criminal, I would like to see every person in the world fingerprinted and DNA.

You might also if you or a loved one was the victim of a serious crime with DNA/prints left, but no match in the database.

That and HIV/STD testing should all be mandatory to stay here.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, BestB said:

Not really, they are finally catching up to the rest of the world to make sure no convicted or blacklisted people come back or be caught if on the run

Very well, but the OP has mentioned that his fingerprints were already taken at the airport when he last entered the country.

To use that technology to secure the borders makes sense. To require the OP to go to a police station to feed another DB instead of integrating them properly doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Very well, but the OP has mentioned that his fingerprints were already taken at the airport when he last entered the country.

To use that technology to secure the borders makes sense. To require the OP to go to a police station to feed another DB instead of integrating them properly doesn't make sense.

What good is airport finger scanning if one not in the system

it Is also not going to a police station but dedicated center, only one for Chonburi as I mentioned earlier 

1 hour ago, BestB said:

So why are Indians more likely to be convicted or blacklisted as well as a few other nationalities?

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Soi 9 does not offer this service unless you arrested and charged and Soi 9 uses ink on paper .

siracha is where it’s done, it’s digital scan straight into computer and database 

Can you please positively confirm this? That would be very helpful for me. Thanks 

20 minutes ago, excellfriend said:

Can you please positively confirm this? That would be very helpful for me. Thanks 

Sure , just for you, will drive out to siracha , take a photo and draw a map for you.

is there anything else you like me to do for you ?

53 minutes ago, BestB said:

Sure , just for you, will drive out to siracha , take a photo and draw a map for you.

is there anything else you like me to do for you ?

How to make friends and influence people. Excellfriend is a new member asking for help.

4 hours ago, BestB said:

Perhaps due to past experiences or statistics ?

No it's racism pure and simple, some of the richest people in Thailand are Indians, you'd be surprised how many Hotels here are owned by them. But that dark skin marks them out as proper suspects!

4 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

No it's racism pure and simple, some of the richest people in Thailand are Indians, you'd be surprised how many Hotels here are owned by them. But that dark skin marks them out as proper suspects!

All foreigners who are teachers require it. How many Indians were caught in the past cheating? using fake passports, fake marriages? etc

And to drop a bomb to shock you, i am an Australian citizen and was asked to do it last year for NON B extension, but i did have new passport, as old one was expiring, they saw both and still asked for it

5 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

So why are Indians more likely to be convicted or blacklisted as well as a few other nationalities?

Well they are not exactly white are they? That seems to raise a few red flags.

1 minute ago, rott said:

Well they are not exactly white are they? That seems to raise a few red flags.

Nothing to do with color, all to do with past experience.

Seen many Westerners caught up in fake marriages? or fake passports? or returning under new names? 

Just like Africans being a target, because a large number are doing something illegal, if not drugs, visa over stay, if not visa overstay working illegally.