Has Pattaya really changed that much?

20 years ago when I first came to Pattaya, there were TONS of hot chicks. Hot chicks in the gobo bars, hot chicks in the beer bars, hot freelancers....tons of hot freelancers. And the vast majority were slim or at least in decent shape. The ladies had good dispositions and were fun. Loads of 7s to 10s everywhere. And in the 18 to 25 range of age.

Now, the 18 to 25 range is for 18 to 25 pounds overweight. The girls are older...much older. They are hardened. They are more money hungry. The girlfriend experience doesnt exist anymore. They ask for crazy money to go with them. All the 7s to 10s have moved to selling themselves on the internet, which gives them so much more money, and not as much work.

I see a lot of 3s and 4s around now. But the old guys seem to keep marrying them. Nothing like a solid 4 ex-bargirl for a wife and mother with nasty faded tattoos to impress your family and friends back home. 

These are not my opinions. These are the facts.

And I wouldn't touch a thai woman these days with one of your dicks.

• Like 2

Pattaya's decline started when GI'S from Vietnam started using it as an R and R center. Until then there were no bars, bargirls or massages.  It was a fabulous place in early 60's. Most of the embassies had bungalows there and the expats and Thais were high class. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, soistalker said:

20 years ago when I first came to Pattaya, there were TONS of hot chicks. Hot chicks in the gobo bars, hot chicks in the beer bars, hot freelancers....tons of hot freelancers. And the vast majority were slim or at least in decent shape. The ladies had good dispositions and were fun. Loads of 7s to 10s everywhere. And in the 18 to 25 range of age.

Now, the 18 to 25 range is for 18 to 25 pounds overweight. The girls are older...much older. They are hardened. They are more money hungry. The girlfriend experience doesnt exist anymore. They ask for crazy money to go with them. All the 7s to 10s have moved to selling themselves on the internet, which gives them so much more money, and not as much work.

I see a lot of 3s and 4s around now. But the old guys seem to keep marrying them. Nothing like a solid 4 ex-bargirl for a wife and mother with nasty faded tattoos to impress your family and friends back home. 

How did you know I had two dicks - have you been peeking? Diphallia is the term for it.

• Confused 1

Wow how depressing! I am in a few facebook groups about Pattaya and some of the bars advertising, with I assume their A team girls on their pages pretty ordinary. I am up country in a large city and am in awe everyday of the beautiful girls here. Super slim white girls, dark village girls....educated hi so girls, poor girls, middle class and every thing in between. Most available too within reason however many won't get involved if you are already in a relationship. Understandably they want something more than a fling. Money and security is always high on their value system anywhere in Asia although it is not as mercenary as in Pattaya and many girls put love up their with security. I've been in a relationship with a bar girl and went through all the lies, tantrums, different attempts to extract money etc and it's nothing like that up here. I certainly don't miss that part of the game. I have had many relationships and I'd have to say most were pretty normal sort of girls really without agendas. It's hard actually staying in a relationship as there is always something new presenting itself everyday. People a lot more friendly and welcoming here. The further you go out into the country the more available the girls are. Maybe you could call it more desperate.... I'm not sure. I mean it is still feasible to meet and have a relationship with a very young girl, middle aged or older woman. It's like the difference in owning a Pick up or a Ferrari I guess. The more sporty and beautiful it is the more maintenance and issues you will have. Youngest girlfriend I had here was a teacher 24 yo, lasted 6 months until I called it off, mainly because of her workload and limited time available which is an issue having a relationship with many professional or career girls here. They work such long hours and usually at least 6 days a week. As young as she was (I am 55yo) I never felt like that was an issue for us in anyway and in fact haven't thought about it until now. We have bars and fishbowls here, pretty cheap actually (fishbowl 2 hours 1000 baht) but most of the ladies are older albeit some really attractive ones. Mainly Thai orientated so always good service and value for money. But you don't get the really young pretty ones too much but by the sound of it you don't find them in Patts either. Maybe when I want some time out I'll just go to Bangkok. Unlimited supply of eager freelancers there for 1000 baht and plenty of good food and entertainment.

Come to think of it maybe some of you blokes might be better off heading up here 5555

Edited by Kenny202
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Wow how depressing! I am in a few facebook groups about Pattaya and some of the bars advertising, with I assume their A team girls on their pages pretty ordinary. I am up country in a large city and am in awe everyday of the beautiful girls here. Super slim white girls, dark village girls....educated hi so girls, poor girls, middle class and every thing in between. Most available too within reason however many won't get involved if you are already in a relationship. Understandably they want something more than a fling. Money and security is always high on their value system anywhere in Asia although it is not as mercenary as in Pattaya and many girls put love up their with security. I've been in a relationship with a bar girl and went through all the lies, tantrums, different attempts to extract money etc and it's nothing like that up here. I certainly don't miss that part of the game. I have had many relationships and I'd have to say most were pretty normal sort of girls really without agendas. It's hard actually staying in a relationship as there is always something new presenting itself everyday. People a lot more friendly and welcoming here. The further you go out into the country the more available the girls are. Maybe you could call it more desperate.... I'm not sure. I mean it is still feasible to meet and have a relationship with a very young girl, middle aged or older woman. It's like the difference in owning a Pick up or a Ferrari I guess. The more sporty and beautiful it is the more maintenance and issues you will have. Youngest girlfriend I had here was a teacher 24 yo, lasted 6 months until I called it off, mainly because of her workload and limited time available which is an issue having a relationship with many professional or career girls here. They work such long hours and usually at least 6 days a week. As young as she was (I am 55yo) I never felt like that was an issue for us in anyway and in fact haven't thought about it until now. We have bars and fishbowls here, pretty cheap actually (fishbowl 2 hours 1000 baht) but most of the ladies are older albeit some really attractive ones. Mainly Thai orientated so always good service and value for money. But you don't get the really young pretty ones too much but by the sound of it you don't find them in Patts either. Maybe when I want some time out I'll just go to Bangkok. Unlimited supply of eager freelancers there for 1000 baht and plenty of good food and entertainment.

Come to think of it maybe some of you blokes might be better off heading up here 5555

You would need to tell us where ' here ' is first.

7 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Wow how depressing! I am in a few facebook groups about Pattaya and some of the bars advertising, with I assume their A team girls on their pages pretty ordinary. I am up country in a large city and am in awe everyday of the beautiful girls here. Super slim white girls, dark village girls....educated hi so girls, poor girls, middle class and every thing in between. {snipped}

You must be short of McDonalds and Pizza Hut where you are, if there's super slim girls around?

From my point of view it's the foreign fast food that's caused a lot of the slim girls to disappear, compared to twenty years ago.

On 7/6/2019 at 7:48 AM, Kenny202 said:

Girls in the bars were totally unenthusiastic, they'd be all sitting out the front on their phones and would barley look up.

Thai girls of today are mainly online on Line...????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

You must be short of McDonalds and Pizza Hut where you are, if there's super slim girls around?

From my point of view it's the foreign fast food that's caused a lot of the slim girls to disappear, compared to twenty years ago.

No we have all those. Ive yet to meet a Thai girl really likes western fast food. They have enough of their own junk food worst of all the large buckets / bags of coke, ice tea and ice coffee they drink. 

• Like 1

Hi Kenny

My honest opinion is that if on your last visit to pattaya you found the girls unenthusiastic and with their eyes and heads glued to their phone, you will find it worse now.

I have more or less given up on the bar scene but that is much to do with me changing.

I have made many friends over the 20 years total I have been coming here, initially for tourist visits then to live.

Some of those friends in to having fun, with ladies, which seems to be what you are asking about and what I was in to but some time ago.

Some of the prices I  am hearing for "entertainment " seem very high to me.

Those of my friends who seem to do the best usually find a companion on line.

In bars it appears you might struggle somewhat.

As said that is on hearing "war stories " from my friends.

Good Luck whatever you decide.

15 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

If you havent noticed, Thais tend to eat every three hours. And exercise isn't big here.

Girls on the internet dating sites here huge too and there are good and bad sides to that. It is a lot easier to communicate for a start what with google translate etc and many of the girls can type fluent English as they are online chatting to foreigners everyday but face to face sometimes barely speak a lick. Easy as to meet girls here just walking around with a smile on your face. I can speak some Thai but not enough to "seal the deal" so to speak without being confident of phrasing something wrong and causing offence. 98% online here are genuine girls where my friends tell me most in Patts freelancers. Sometimes wish there were more of that here as then you both know the deal if you aren't looking for something serious. There is a bit of a "bragging rights" factor here also in having a farang boyfriend although not a great basis for a serious relationship. There are a lot of girls chatting almost all day with guys in other countries promising them this and that. At best it usually turns out the guy comes here for a couple of weeks, gets a free girlfriend and back home to mom and the kids. Many of the girls have these ridiculous expectations that meeting a farang is instant hollywood lifestyle. I used to give them the "I don't have big money and don't want a relationship based on money" speech before I even met them. They would still go out with you hoping that they were still going to strike it rich. After a while I didn't bother. Nearly always they are at their very best first 2 weeks to 2 months. Massages, take care everything. Then after a couple of weeks, I presume their jealous friends would start to goad them...where are your new Levis? Where's the gold? You have a foreign boyfriend? That would in turn set them into becoming needy and money grubbing....about the same time you were over them and ready to move on. Perfect exit stage left. A mate gave me some advice when I first come to Thailand. You don't need to have a million dollars but it helps if you look like a million dollars. Let them assume what they want. They are definitely not all like that though. Some of them get it and some of them don't. Somewhere along the line you might end up with a worthwhile relationship. It does amaze me particularly seeing some of their backgrounds and how they normally live...in poverty...is that they aren't happy to accept an upgrade of a moderate sort of lifestyle, comfortable and happy. Secure etc but certainly not Hiso. It's all or nothing. The big house, Fortuna, gold etc. Mostly they don't even like living (or maintaining) a big house. It's show off value same as the many women who extricate large sums of money to start ridiculous businesses that they work in and get bored after one month. As soon as the Facebook selfies are taken and posted, job done.  

• Like 1

O P DESCRIBED every day for the last 15 yrs I know and probably 35 yrs before that.

These Owners just never get it.

They let the girls sit there and ignore Customers.

They have only ONE chance to get that Customer to ever go back.

Girls sit there, play on phone, never look up........we have one beer and leave........place goes into the NEVER GOING BACK COLUMN.

There is a place on Dar Side (forget name) they are not allowed to have phone in hand when working.

GOOD IDEA

• Like 1

4 hours ago, murraynz said:

i recently went to jakarta, most girls are muslims??  where do i find these girls that you talk about????

What does muslim have to do with being prostitute? ????

Putting aside the regular channels like Tinder, Wechat, Scout and Badoo, there are bars in M Block, Clubs like X2 and spas like Classic Hotel

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

O P DESCRIBED every day for the last 15 yrs I know and probably 35 yrs before that.

Girls sit there, play on phone, never look up........we have one beer and leave........place goes into the NEVER GOING BACK COLUMN.

There is a place on Dar Side (forget name) they are not allowed to have phone in hand when working.

GOOD IDEA

I had a mate owned a bar and he told me these days it very hard to retain or get girls unless your bar is successful, so if you are starting up or a bit quiet....bit of a catch 22 but hence why some are more lenient with them and pretty much let them do what they want. Having said that I imagine having staff like that more harmful than good. I believe they are all on retainers these days too. Between 8000-12000 a month. More for different situations if the girl has to dance for example. I bet not too long ago they weren't getting paid just to show up and play with their phones. Thats apparently what is happening particularly with the younger prettier ones. Show up at the bar. Do as little as possible and hang out on line hoping to snag a john off the dating or FL sites.

1 hour ago, Captain 776 said:

GOOD IDEA

It depends on the owner.

Fifteen years ago when I ran a GoGo Bar and mobiles were only 2G - to only make phone calls and send SMS, all our staff were told they were not to use their phones during work time. Any infringement was a 50 Baht cut from their salary each time.

On the rare occasions the mamasan spotted a dancer passing her phone number to a customer, the cut was then 500 Baht as it was seen as trying to cheat the bar by helping the customer avoid paying the bar fine.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

I've been in a relationship with a bar girl and went through all the lies, tantrums

(I am 55yo)

Sound terrible. Better not return to Pattaya.

Good luck Kenny.

I've enjoyed Pattaya since '98. I remember having fun with pretty girls working at the outdoor bars. Now I dread passing one or making eye contact. Massage? Love it but it's been five years since any extras were offered or sought. Bikinis on dancers? What are those bar owners thinking? Fly 8,000 miles for that? You can find a gem on Walking Street but it's like prospecting for gold. Claim her quickly! All in all, tamed down but still far better than farangland.

On 7/6/2019 at 1:43 PM, Yinn said:

No, decent girls are not on dating sites.

Or in the bar.

I disagree. I found my gf on Thai Cupid. University educated girl, 1 Thai boyfriend before she met me. They’re out there, you just have to go through a lot (I went through literally hundreds) to strike gold

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 1:03 PM, Lamkyong said:

i think generally you are correct       maybe you have matured  somewhat since the good old days

Boring now ,  18 years ago pattey fantastic , not many farlangs , brill .

Now  it is a rite <deleted> ole , many foreigners , who cannot speak english .

The world has gone barmey ..

Ps , i hope to meet my next ex wife there. 555

Edited by elliss
spelling
  • Like 1

A lot of guys think with their dumb stick and take wild girls. Then they complain when the girl acts wild.

It sounds like the OP has never learned how to choose a companion.

Sweet and fun girls are to be found if you care about finding them and take the time and know how.

If you start your search with a bad attitude, guess what. Just like anything in life.

Anyway, whatever floats your boat.

On 7/6/2019 at 1:51 PM, Kenny202 said:

Who said I would go to Pattaya looking for love or that I am a drunk old guy? I think you're confused. Pattaya is about fun and girls selling a service to customers. It's a transaction of course but always better when pleasant and win win for both parties.

A woman having to sell her body for money is never win win or pleasant for her

It amazes me how men think that these girls actually enjoy what they are doing - wake up - it's just a act - often a act they are forced into because of poverty and your  "fun" is actually exploiting that poverty - do you think they would do what they are doing if they didn't have to? Of course not

On 7/7/2019 at 2:20 PM, soistalker said:

They are indeed your opinions. But there are still some beauties in the GGBs. But I grant you that the attitude of the girls has taken a nose dive. They've long realised that they're unlikely to ever snare a husband/sugar daddy so they're now out to rinse us for every baht they possibly can.

I know lots of guys who are ex pats or who regularly visit Pattaya and the last thing on any of their minds is marrying any Thai girl let alone a grade 4 ex bar girl. They come for their bit of fun and go home and those expats who have settled down with a lady friend have usually done so quite contentedly. You get the odd car crash just like you do in Western relationships.

But the collapse of Western currencies is causing the sh!t to hit the fan in a big way and will continue to do so. Fellows with modest incomes or pensions are already in financial trouble with the new stricter visa regulations.

7 hours ago, darrendsd said:

A woman having to sell her body for money is never win win or pleasant for her

It amazes me how men think that these girls actually enjoy what they are doing - wake up - it's just a act - often a act they are forced into because of poverty and your  "fun" is actually exploiting that poverty - do you think they would do what they are doing if they didn't have to? Of course not

Forced into it because of poverty lol. It is you who are deluding yourself. That is the naive opinion of someone who has only ever been to Thailand on holidays or only every lived in a tourist city without venturing out. They do it by a clear choice, for easy money. I am not saying they enjoy sex with sweaty old men but many certainly enjoy the lifestyle, why so many of them can't settle into a normal life and often return to the bars. None of them send huge money home to support their families. Normally a modest amount....3000 baht. The rest is pssed up the wall on lottery, cheap clothes and mobile phones. Their accomodations, food etc doesn't change a lot no matter how much money they have. They like living simply. Small room, cold shower, buy food on the street. I don't make any judgements....They are what they are and maybe if I was a pretty poor girl in the country I'd make the same choice. Some I find do enjoy the sex. I asked a lady once if she ever got bored with the sex and she said of course not. It's like eating. It's only boring if you have the same thing every day. Some are actresses... who cares? as long as I believe it. Some don't make even the slightest effort.

• Like 2