MORE evidence of prostitution found in Pattaya: Three arrested after raid on Walking Street bar

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, Kim J said:
11 hours ago, myjawe said:

Another foreigner snitch... I wonder who they are ?!

Most likely from the Foreign Police Volunteers. There are loads of them around Pattaya.

I don't know any, but heard several times that they are guys who have some kind of "problem" with the Police or the Immigration. Police offer them to "forget" about this problem if they help them in a few such police operations. Makes sense to me.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Kim J said:

Most likely from the Foreign Police Volunteers. There are loads of them around Pattaya.

I am pretty sure not. I know one who was asked and refused. Others are adamant they do not do this type of undercover work. I see it more as a one off for someone the police have in their pocket.

I don’t get it. With the purity campaigns being waged, I would think by now that the people would have wised up and gotten above this rather base mentality.

Selling ones body for a living? When you can be working in a store or factory for $10 a day and maintain your purity? Why would anyone do that? 

This is inexplicable. The army needs to hire some experts to spend a lot of money on research, to get to the bottom of this moral quandary. 

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I don’t get it. With the purity campaigns being waged, I would think by now that the people would have wised up and gotten above this rather base mentality.

Selling ones body for a living? When you can be working in a store or factory for $10 a day and maintain your purity? Why would anyone do that? 

Going by that logic , you would happily get buggered for 10 times your current daily income 

Hmmm.... this is absolutely disgusting news. I will never ever go to Pattaya again now that I know there is prostitution there.
That seems like an over-reaction. There's prostitution in virtually every town in Thailand.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On 7/6/2019 at 5:45 PM, BestB said:

Can not help but wonder how is it that the undercover foreigner picked 16 year old ? 

And who would know that she was under age to tip off the police?

isn't the age of consent here 15? was it at one time and then changed? what is it now?

m

On 7/6/2019 at 12:09 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Police have announced they’ve found more evidence of prostitution in Pattaya - this time on Walking Street, the city’s famous red light district.

surely this is meant to impress on newbies who are against prostitution

On 7/6/2019 at 12:09 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The girl who was offered to the undercover informant was found to be underage. She was just 16 and 6 months old.

This is not good. 

Can a Westerner spot the difference between an 18 year old and 16 year old Thai girl?  Why do they hire underage workers , when there's really no need for it. 

2 hours ago, balo said:

This is not good. 

Can a Westerner spot the difference between an 18 year old and 16 year old Thai girl?  Why do they hire underage workers , when there's really no need for it. 

I can't spot the difference between a 35 year old thai woman and a 20 year old. They all hold their age well.

3 hours ago, balo said:

This is not good. 

I had this discussion elsewhere, I believe I could, and if in the slightest doubt, one should stay clear. Last time I spotted one she wasn't there long, she was popular!

In this instance, surely the guy knew already, or was pretty sure, as it was a set up to catch the bar out, she had used fake ID. I thought originally they went off premises and the sting was set up there, but that seems unclear from the reports. If it was upstairs in the Windmill, they have been foolish, they had already been raided for on-site 'facilities'. 

Doesn't make sense mate. If prostitution is officially illegal - no one can consent to paid sex !! (irrespective to age)
The act of prostitution is not illegal in Thailand. Aspects surrounding it are, and underage prostitution is one of them. There is no law that explicitly prohibits someone paying someone for sex.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The act of prostitution is not illegal in Thailand. Aspects surrounding it are, and underage prostitution is one of them. There is no law that explicitly prohibits someone paying someone for sex.

BS - Buddy - have a good read of the act

Translation
Prevention And Suppression Of Prostitution Act
B.E. 2539 (1996)

Section 4.
In this Act,
"prostitution" means sexual intercourse, or any other act, or the commission of any other act in order to gratify the sexual desire of another person in a promiscuous manner in return for earning or any other benefit, irrespective of whether the person who accepts the act and the person who commits the act are of the same sex or not;
"prostitution establishment" means a place established for prostitution or in which the prostitution is allowed, and shall include a place used for soliciting or procuring another person for prostitution;

looking for prostitution in pattaya is like looking and finding termites in your house that's falling apart.

I walked down walking street, soi 6, LK metro i couldn n't find prostitution anywhere until i came to that damn bar where the owner had n't paid me his monthly tea money,and suddenly lo and behold i found prostitution.

Only in thailand where prostitution is illegal,yet staring you in face in the villages,small towns...a non taxable income!

3 hours ago, onera1961 said:

This tells all. The street is full of brothels and they cant find prostitution. I wonder what people do in brothels. 

Oi - Mum's the word -- don't let the cat out of the bag. Counter productive. Zip the mouth mate.

BS - Buddy - have a good read of the act

Translation
Prevention And Suppression Of Prostitution Act
B.E. 2539 (1996)

Section 4.
In this Act,
"prostitution" means sexual intercourse, or any other act, or the commission of any other act in order to gratify the sexual desire of another person in a promiscuous manner in return for earning or any other benefit, irrespective of whether the person who accepts the act and the person who commits the act are of the same sex or not;
"prostitution establishment" means a place established for prostitution or in which the prostitution is allowed, and shall include a place used for soliciting or procuring another person for prostitution;

"in a promiscuous manner". There are other Acts which regulate prostitution. You're being very naive in your interpretation of how Thai law works. Paying for sex privately in the privacy of your own home or hotel room is not characterised as "promiscuous". I'm guessing you're not a Thai lawyer!

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

"in a promiscuous manner". There are other Acts which regulate prostitution. You're being very naive in your interpretation of how Thai law works. Paying for sex privately in the privacy of your own home or hotel room is not characterised as "promiscuous". I'm guessing you're not a Thai lawyer!

BS - Read the act, and how it would be interpreted in a court of law - not your take on wishful thinking!! What do you think prostitution is ? Quote:  "Paying for sex privately in the privacy of your own home or hotel room". Don't bother replying ... topic finished .

14 hours ago, onera1961 said:

This tells all. The street is full of brothels and they cant find prostitution. I wonder what people do in brothels. 

You are lying mate. There are no prostitutes in Thailand. All the ladies are "just working". Anything wrong with "just working" ?

21 hours ago, Melbun said:

Doesn't make sense mate. If prostitution is officially illegal - no one can consent to paid sex !! (irrespective to age)

Simple solution, don't pay them (legal ladies) for sex, pay them to leave afterward.

BS - Read the act, and how it would be interpreted in a court of law - not your take on wishful thinking!! What do you think prostitution is ? Quote:  "Paying for sex privately in the privacy of your own home or hotel room". Don't bother replying ... topic finished .
I'm glad you've given up, because what you wrote makes no sense!

On 7/9/2019 at 2:27 AM, balo said:

This is not good. 

As the OP called the informant a 'foreigner', I'll assume Korean or Japanese, white folk are generally called 'farang'.

Asian guys are fairly keen to get younger (than 20 years old) woman and will pay a premium.

Archived