MORE evidence of prostitution found in Pattaya: Three arrested after raid on Walking Street bar

Jonathan Fairfield

6 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

How would the farang grass have known -he was busy with just one. And yes I have been there on several occasions. I don't go in any bar asking girls ages - not my responsibility.

Actually it is your responsibility...

Get caught and ignorance is no defence.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time it was raided they caught a farang with his pants down.

the underage is a clear violation hard to believe any bar will take the chance windmill has a couple of mamasongs they would do the hiring. no detail how long she worked or if she had fake id easy for a bar to be setup where money and RTP are involved.

41 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Nice to dream that is the case which unfortunately is not, it is the RTP and other Thais we are talking about here.

16 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Wishful thinking I fear.  Everything is motivated by money or power.

In present cases I disagree. Both raids were motivated by a request of a NGO informing the police of underage girls working at these places. Police didn't chose these targets randomly.

2 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

In present cases I disagree. Both raids were motivated by a request of a NGO informing the police of underage girls working at these places. Police didn't chose these targets randomly.

Plainly naive. Thai organisations are up to their necks in immorality and I would suspect that some "influential" figure within this "NGO" had nearby business interests that he wanted to protect.

1 hour ago, Tyrant said:

Like on our own countries never had prostitution? Prostitution has been a problem on every country to the point of many of those countries needed to legalize it, not because they are a "modern" country but because they couldn't get rid of it, so don't make a fool of yourself and come blame Thailand of something your own country couldn't do either.

I don't know about your's mate, but my country doesn't normally and as a matter of course  publicly parade  their ignorance, stupidity  and  hypocrisy at every turn.    

On 7/6/2019 at 5:15 PM, Kim J said:

Not the first time the Windmill has been the subject of such raids.

I wonder what the owner has done (or most likely not done) to attract more than his fair share of attention from the authorities.

Brown envelopes perhaps? Or lack of them.????

19 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Under Thai law, prostitution is not illegal if it is conducted "unpromiscuously". Having rooms for such activities on the premises is illegal. Girls being available for barfining is not breaking the law. Most gogos operate within the law.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"Most gogos operate within the law". No they don't, there is no prostitution in Pattaya.????

Wow! - this has broken the back of prostitution in Pattaya!

How will the city ever recover?  The whole financial structure has been torn apart! Businesses will go broke.  Police will be without tea-money.  The RTP will collapse and anarchy will follow.

Oh Wait! - The general will come up with a plan! - Just like he has for every other problem in Thailand

On 7/6/2019 at 5:45 PM, BestB said:

Can not help but wonder how is it that the undercover foreigner picked 16 year old ? 

And who would know that she was under age to tip off the police?

I expect he asked for one.

3 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I think you are 50% right , for the other 50% the girl was just 16 so i think that the raid was not a bad idea

It's a very good idea to root out under age girls that are working in these places, I just wish they would get serious about it and stop farting around like this. 

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

It's a very good idea to root out under age girls that are working in these places, I just wish they would get serious about it and stop farting around like this. 

They get pregnant and drop out of school.  Where else are they going to go to support the kids?

Just now, marcusarelus said:

They get pregnant and drop out of school.  Where else are they going to go to support the kids?

Are you seriously saying underage prostitution is okay is certain circumstances?  That is not a reason for underage prostitution.  The parents are responsible for the girl, even if she has children herself.  She is still a minor. 

On 7/6/2019 at 11:15 AM, Kim J said:

Not the first time the Windmill has been the subject of such raids.

I wonder what the owner has done (or most likely not done) to attract more than his fair share of attention from the authorities.

Must have run out of brown envelopes...

32 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Are you seriously saying underage prostitution is okay is certain circumstances?  That is not a reason for underage prostitution.  The parents are responsible for the girl, even if she has children herself.  She is still a minor. 

They go to work at Thai bars and always have at least since got here in 1968.  I doubt you are going to change that.  It's a rough job and the Farang bars are much better managed so better than the Thai bars.  You are a bit mixed up in that the girl usually supports the parents at least that's the way it is in Thailand.  

I'm not trying to make any comment on morality or right or wrong.  I can only tell you what is and what always has been since the French sailors first got here in the 1700's.  

There is a charity in Pattaya that helps and an orphanage in Rayong that takes care of HIV positive children.  They can't work unless they have a skill and education and someone to take care of the children.  

Raiding brothels is not the way to solve the problem - that only makes it worse.  

"Most gogos operate within the law". No they don't, there is no prostitution in Pattaya.[emoji3]
As long as the sex which is being paid for doesn't take place on the premises, no offence is being committed. Paying for sex in the privacy of your own home or hotel is not illegal. Windmill's mistake was having short-time rooms and an underage girl.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

They go to work at Thai bars and always have at least since got here in 1968.  I doubt you are going to change that.  It's a rough job and the Farang bars are much better managed so better than the Thai bars.  You are a bit mixed up in that the girl usually supports the parents at least that's the way it is in Thailand. 

A friend who put down roots in the Philippines over 20 years ago told me many years ago that it was not unknown for the father in a family to send out the youngest daughter to "earn money" to send back to the family. And sometimes the father would be the first {non paying} client. Very sad. I have seen very few girls here that may be underage. I dont understand why the bar in question would be so foolish to employ one but there you go. They did.

On 7/6/2019 at 9:14 PM, Regyai said:

In other News

Reuters reports breaking news that an Eskimo has reportedly discovered some snow

Just as well it was an Eskimo that was looking because I doubt a RTP could find snow in Eskimoland.

Archived