Why do some expats just complain but then never leave?

Just now, Olmate said:

Great to hear from you! Are you seriously concerned or just shit stirring I wonder

:biggrin:

Our long lost TV members check in and Well they have to post something don't they. At least they have a big spoon.

• Haha 2

Congrats Mel52! Looks like you are approaching your 2nd month here on Thaivisa. Let me be the first to wish you well.  

lol [emoji23] yeah right my second month. Under which name? I’m sorry if I undermined your vast experience here on the Thai Visas forum
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

me too. I'm actually 12 years old and live in Searchlight Nevada in my mother's basement.

Do you get sick of that?  I'd be moaning every day about living in a basement, perhaps moaning even more about living in Nevada...

Do you get sick of that?  I'd be moaning every day about living in a basement, perhaps moaning even more about living in Nevada...

Nevada lol [emoji23]. I know this total idiot who lives in Nevada that comes here like once every 5 years or so who sends money to his “wife” “girlfriend” or whatever he’s calling her these days with no official marriage certificate. And she has multiple other dudes sending her money as well from all over the world and Thai boyfriends and she has tried to come on to me multiple times. She is pretty fun though and speaks good English.
  • Like 1

Why do some expats just complain but then never leave?

Some old folks are only happy when they've something to complain about, so Thailand is an ideal country for them to live in. A clinical condition referred to as Meldrewitis.

Edited by Stocky

Because anyone has the right to complain, regardless to hypocrites that say they can't because they are not Thai.

Aside of this, when employed, not having the financial freedom to prepare / fake Thai GF, Wife for a yearly visa elsewhere. 
Or simply trying to figure out, where to go otherwise then. Not to mention those who lived here for ages and are simply rooted / too old to start elsewhere again.

That you are stuck does not mean you can't complain about where you are, neither does the home country being more sour mean you should be happy here.

P.S. I still have to meet the first lower or middle class Thai that is not complaining too but I guess it is politically incorrect to say that as they are Thai, in 2019.

Edited by tabarin

Because anyone has the right to complain, regardless to hypocrites that say they can't because they are not Thai.

Aside of this, when employed, not having the financial freedom to prepare / fake Thai GF, Wife for a yearly visa elsewhere. 
Or simply trying to figure out, where to go otherwise then. Not too mention those who lived here for ages and are simply rooted / too old to start elsewhere again.

That you are stuck does not mean you can't complain about where you are, neither does the home country being more sour, means you should be happy here.

We all chose to live here in a foreign country doesn’t matter how long you’ve been here you still chose Thailand. We are all responsible for our own life decisions no one else is responsible except for us who made the decision. We have to sleep in the beds that we made. Blaming others for your own problems and complaining about it is hypocritical by definition. Life isn’t always fair most people know that but it’s amazing how many people don’t know that.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mel52 said:

We all chose to live here in a foreign country doesn’t matter how long you’ve been here you still chose Thailand. We are all responsible for our own life decisions no one else is responsible except for us who made the decision. We have to sleep in the beds that we made. Blaming others for your own problems and complaining about it is hypocritical by definition. Life isn’t always fair most people know that but it’s amazing how many people don’t know that.

I think your perspective is limited to a foreign individual, that is really narrow minded, many people are married and have kids,
that changes everything including your power and ability to do something about it. For most people at least.

12 minutes ago, tabarin said:

I think your perspective is limited to a foreign individual, that is really narrow minded, many people are married and have kids,
that changes everything including your power and ability to do something about it. For most people at least.

Being married and having kids is ok, perfectly normal, when you are in the prime of your life, working and earning. The kids grow up and then lead their own lives. Then you can enjoy the fruits of your labour, relax, travel whatever.

But to go to a foreign country at retirement age with nothing but a pension to sustain you and having kids is plain crazy in my opinion. Almost certainly the kid(s) will be fatherless before they finish primary or high school, and if they aren't what quality of father will they have at that age - an old bloke snoozing on the sofa or in a wheelchair. Bordering on child abuse.

When I met my now wife I made the conscious decision to have a vasectomy.

If it works for you that's fine.

Not for me thanks - the wife and I have 7 grandchildren (3 here, 4 in Oz) between us to keep us occupied when we choose to.

Yer makes yer choices - don't complain about it

• Like 1

You know what you’re right man there’s a lot of problems in Thailand for us foreigners living here. I’ll tell you what I’m gonna do I’ll make a few phone calls and get it all straightened out for you and maybe I’ll call and fix the Middle East as well. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

Stop! I'm allergic to platitudes!

• Haha 2