Slightly off topic, but this seems to be an active TransferWise thread....

In the past few weeks, transfers to my partner's account is now taking 2 days, whereas

previously I could initiate the transfer up to 10:00pm and the funds would be in her bank,

KSB, around noon, Thai time next day.

I've requested an explanation to TW via email, but the automatic reply says I should 

receive a response in 2 days!!

Anyone else here experiencing the same delay and does anyone know why?

One time I they had my money from Thursday, before paying out in Thailand on the 

following Monday and there were no religious or random Holidays involved. 

The cynic in me would suggest that they made a few pennies interest on top of

their fee.

Edited by shy coconut

Going to stick with Western Union only 2 late payments in many yrs, a bit more expensive but for me no hassle involved.

In the past few weeks, transfers to my partner's account is now taking 2 days, whereas
previously I could initiate the transfer up to 10:00pm and the funds would be in her bank,

I've requested an explanation to TW via email, but the automatic reply says I should 

One time I they had my money from Thursday, before paying out in Thailand on the 
their fee.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, shy coconut said:

their fee.

Yes, they do seem to have slowed down somewhat. I've just initiated a transfer this morning and was advised that it will take 2 days. Thankfully it is not a Thursday or Friday, something I shall keep in mind in the future.

At least they are 'up front' with their predictions. No false promises and I have always found, at least thus far, that the money has arrived quicker than predicted. It is a good business maxim of course. Never be too optimistic with your predictions.

I suspect that your cynicism regarding 'making interest' is exactly that. Cynicism! More likely they are becoming a victim of their own success and getting overloaded. They have had a lot of publicity recently. Most of good I should point out.

50 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Going to stick with Western Union only 2 late payments in many yrs, a bit more expensive but for me no hassle involved.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And transfers meet the new immigration requirements and bank can write the annual letter?  Or a game of chance as Transferwise seems to be now?  Any idea how much lost each month when doing about 65k transfers?  Expect others might be willing to pay a little more for a sure thing.  Thanks.  Good Rabbit.

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:
14 hours ago, shy coconut said:

their fee.

Yes, they do seem to have slowed down somewhat. I've just initiated a transfer this morning and was advised that it will take 2 days. Thankfully it is not a Thursday or Friday, something I shall keep in mind in the future.

Well despite my pessimistic comment this morning, it was actually 'business as usual'.

The transfer that I initiated this morning has just been credited to my Krungsri account. So the now familiar same day service is working just fine despite their own pessimism?

I do wonder whether this slow service that you allude to @shy coconut is bank specific at this end. Once T/W have paid out, they have no control regarding the speed that it takes to make the credit and they always say, when they pay out ''But banks can be slow — it could take them 2 days to process your transfer'. 

Anyway, I still have faith in them and will continue to use their service.

I have been using Transferwise to move my monthly income UK to Thailand for the last 3-4 years.  Gr8 service - no complaints.

However this month(July) my money ended up with Kasikorn Bank and they sent it via an internal (Domestic) transfer to Bangkok.    Spoke to Transferwise and it seems they still send direct to Bangkok Bank providing they are informed by telephone prior to pressing the 'send' button of the preferred route.

It doesn't affect my visa renewal next year because I use the 400K route.

New one to me, but that's what I have been told!!!!

16 hours ago, shy coconut said:

their fee.

Yes, I have just penned a similar comment in another thread about TW (a lot on the go at the moment!!).

My last two TW transfers (Stg from UK to BBL), last week and yesterday (being advised will be credited to my BBL account tomorrow) are now taking two days. Have used TW for last year (about 30 transfers) and this delay is unusual.

Yes, they do highlight the possible two day period, but previously this has not happened.

As I noted in my other comment, the initial TW shine is starting to fade just a bit.

Might raise it as a query with TW.

Edited by dabhand

On 7/9/2019 at 9:10 AM, neverceasetobeamazed said:

Second thoughts.  If my bank is Bangkok Bank and money has always gone direct why would they send it to Kasikorn?

Sounds like the girl was 'winging it'

Not winging it - there are several threads discussing exactly what you describe and the effect it's having on those who do rely on these transfers for visa purposes.